Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 7831 7832 [7833] 7834 7835 ... 11040

Author Topic: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O  (Read 14463196 times)

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
  • Too old and stubborn to get a new avatar
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O
« Reply #117480 on: January 30, 2017, 06:29:23 pm »

Nostalgia is a bitch bro

Let me think at a game that makes me emotional ...

Cant.  But when I play old game (and new ones too even) I always feel like the fun is taken out of them because I know they are fake.  Theyre a simulation.

Hate to say it, but I think Im a former gamer.
Pisskop's Reblancing Mod - A C:DDA Mod to make life a little (lot) more brutal!
drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
PKs DF Mod!

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile
« Reply #117481 on: January 30, 2017, 06:47:24 pm »

Many games have made me emotional. That I can think of right now: PS:T, Alpha Centauri, Witcher 3, Dishonored...
Everyone sucks at everything. Until they don't. Not sucking is a product of time invested.

Tack

• Bay Watcher
  • Giving nothing to a community who gave me so much.
    • View Profile
« Reply #117482 on: January 30, 2017, 06:50:48 pm »

>>To The Moon!<<
Sentience, Endurance, and Thumbs: The Trifector of a Superpredator.
Yeah, he's a banned spammer. Normally we'd delete this thread too, but people were having too much fun with it by the time we got here.

redwallzyl

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #117483 on: January 30, 2017, 07:01:55 pm »

so something in my cars wheel shattered to pieces and now it wont move, its breaks don't work and if you push the pedal it makes a horrendous grinding sound. good thing this happened in right in front of the driveway.

ArchAIngel

• Bay Watcher
  • Infested Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #117484 on: January 30, 2017, 07:17:53 pm »

So 2 things that are quite WTF-worthy happened recently.

First, PETA has asked Games Workshop to stop selling models with fur on it, as it is apparently unethical. The example given? Horus Lupercal.

Second? Matt Ward gave a good and clever response.

Matt Ward, he of the Khornate Knights.

Something is very wrong with this year.

Tack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #117485 on: January 30, 2017, 07:22:59 pm »

I am supposed to sleep right now and sleep is no.
This is very bad
Yeah, he's a banned spammer. Normally we'd delete this thread too, but people were having too much fun with it by the time we got here.

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #117486 on: January 30, 2017, 07:29:12 pm »

So 2 things that are quite WTF-worthy happened recently.

First, PETA has asked Games Workshop to stop selling models with fur on it, as it is apparently unethical. The example given? Horus Lupercal.

Second? Matt Ward gave a good and clever response.

Matt Ward, he of the Khornate Knights.

Something is very wrong with this year.
Truly a sign of the end times when our spiritual liege isn't generally being a shitstain or writing more private fanfiction fluff about Sisters of Battle having horrible things happen to them.

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

Greiger

• Bay Watcher
  • Reptilian Illuminati member. Keep it secret.
    • View Profile
« Reply #117487 on: January 30, 2017, 08:11:49 pm »

That dog bite from about three weeks ago. The insurance company finally processed it, taking 2 days to receive it, and 10 to process it, and another 10 to send it.

It appears the the ER billed me over $2000, though the form I received is almost completely lacking in details on what for(itemized, but still lacking description), and the insurance is covering all but $300 of it, which I'm apparently on the hook for.

I didn't even need to go to the emergency room, as the bite was completely superficial and the dogs weren't sick anyway.
Yea that's the kinda thing that pisses me off about insurance companies.

You give them all this money so that they will pay the expenses in case of an emergency.  But the rates they charge on average means you've given them more money than you'll ever get back filing a claim, they won't pay the whole thing anyway making you pay the first few hundred dollars when you do make a claim (because fuck you we can), will often fight tooth and nail to NOT hold up their end of the bargain when you DO have a significant claim (which means you will have to pay for the emergency yourself anyway even if you will obviously win because they will draw it out in court hoping you'll just die and not be able to show up to defend your case anymore), and then spend all their money they get from their racket (because that's what it is) made into a legal requirement for every citizen of every country that they can buy the leadership for.

I try to put away money myself for emergencies.  But I have to buy insurance too so that means I have to buy crappy insurance, AND not squirrel away as much for when an emergency happens.  And we get shit like "Oh you can't afford health insurance for yourself?  That's illegal! Never mind that you are in good health, don't smoke, don't drink, and don't do any drugs stronger than caffeine!  Here I'm going to fine you money so that next year you are even LESS likely to be able to afford health insurance!  That will teach you."

Fuck insurance companies.  Scum of the earth.
« Last Edit: January 30, 2017, 08:16:30 pm by Greiger »
Disclaimer: Not responsible for dwarven deaths from the use or misuse of this post.
I don't need friends!! I've got knives!!!

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile
« Reply #117488 on: January 30, 2017, 08:16:48 pm »

That dog bite from about three weeks ago. The insurance company finally processed it, taking 2 days to receive it, and 10 to process it, and another 10 to send it.

It appears the the ER billed me over $2000, though the form I received is almost completely lacking in details on what for(itemized, but still lacking description), and the insurance is covering all but $300 of it, which I'm apparently on the hook for.

I didn't even need to go to the emergency room, as the bite was completely superficial and the dogs weren't sick anyway.
Yea that's the kinda thing that pisses me off about insurance companies.

You give them all this money so that they will pay the expenses in case of an emergency.  But the rates they charge on average means you've given them more money than you'll ever get back filing a claim, they won't pay the whole thing anyway making you pay the first few hundred dollars when you do make a claim (because fuck you we can), will often fight tooth and nail to NOT hold up their end of the bargain when you DO have a significant claim, and then spend all their money they get from their racket (because that's what it is) made into a legal requirement for every citizen of every country that they can buy the leadership for.

I try to put away money myself for emergencies.  But I have to buy insurance too so that means I have to buy crappy insurance, AND not squirrel away as much for when an emergency happens.  And we get shit like "Oh you can't afford health insurance for yourself?  That's illegal! Never mind that you are in good health, don't smoke, don't drink, and don't do any drugs stronger than caffeine!  Here I'm going to fine you money so that next year you are even LESS likely to be able to afford health insurance!  That will teach you."

Fuck insurance companies.  Scum of the earth.
Fill the gaps for a solution

S_ci_liz_d h_alth_ar_
Everyone sucks at everything. Until they don't. Not sucking is a product of time invested.

Greiger

• Bay Watcher
  • Reptilian Illuminati member. Keep it secret.
    • View Profile
« Reply #117489 on: January 30, 2017, 08:20:15 pm »

Yea and those same insurance companies spend millions of dollars buying out media to make that into a bad word.  Just mention socialized healthcare in a room around here and you'll instantly be just above Nazi in reputation.  Yet nobody can say why it's a bad thing when asked.
Disclaimer: Not responsible for dwarven deaths from the use or misuse of this post.
I don't need friends!! I've got knives!!!

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #117490 on: January 30, 2017, 08:20:34 pm »

Fill the gaps for a solution

Sicily lizard have although arson

Italian reptile menace!
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

Baffler

• Bay Watcher
  • Caveat Lector.
    • View Profile
« Reply #117491 on: January 30, 2017, 08:21:22 pm »

Yea and those same insurance companies spend millions of dollars buying out media to make that into a bad word.  Just mention socialized healthcare in a room around here and you'll instantly be just above Nazi in reputation.  Yet nobody can say why it's a bad thing when asked.

What's funny is that what we have now with mandatory buying of private insurance is pretty much exactly what a privatized national health service looks like, with  people who don't need the service forced to buy it anyway to subsidize the needy who do, but with a middleman with a profit motive organizing the whole thing. Truly the worst of both worlds, but at least they can only fight you in court for needing their services rather than just dropping you outright now.
« Last Edit: January 30, 2017, 08:23:08 pm by Baffler »
Quote from: Helgoland
Even if you found a suitable opening, I doubt it would prove all too satisfying. And it might leave some nasty wounds, depending on the moral high ground's geology.
Location subject to periodic change.
Baffler likes silver, walnut trees, the color green, tanzanite, and dogs for their loyalty. When possible he prefers to consume beef, iced tea, and cornbread. He absolutely detests ticks.

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #117492 on: January 30, 2017, 09:53:46 pm »

Naaaah, not the worst of both worlds. That's more what we had before. Even as screwy as things are now, we're still in a notably better place healthcare wise than we were a decade or two ago. More insured, costs slowing down most places, less dickery being given free reign, buncha' other stuff.

... says a lot about how it was going before, really. I'll put in some effort defending the ACA, flawed as it is, but I do still hold we would have seen similar gains if we had just beheaded every healthcare related CEO and/or upper management figure in the country. Literally beheaded. Nothing figurative, there, and not really any other actions. Maybe make little cryofreeze boxes and mandate the installation of their preserved heads on a pike in appropriate business offices, I'unno. Stuffed and mounted if you're going for cost savings, I guess. Then it's just a matter of telling whoever takes their place that if they bungle things as badly as their predecessors, they're going to be the next wall ornament. Eventually we'd either have a working healthcare system, or some very cluttered hospital business offices. Normally I'd be rather troubled by that kind of suggestion, but the folks in question are handling the lives and deaths of a hell of a lot of people and they managed to hard screw quite a large number of them. Seems like it might be fair for 'em to ante up a similar investment if they're going to be making a hefty paycheck off it, y'know?
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

Tack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #117493 on: January 30, 2017, 10:55:35 pm »

I have car insurance and although my excess is high they've been very helpful and proactive after my first accident.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #117494 on: January 30, 2017, 11:10:38 pm »

My deductible is something like 13k.

Fucking goal like, moving from Scotland to that. /super s
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.
Pages: 1 ... 7831 7832 [7833] 7834 7835 ... 11040