Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 7814 7815 [7816] 7817 7818 ... 11040

Author Topic: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O  (Read 14449104 times)

LordBaal

• Bay Watcher
  • System Lord and Hanslanda lees evil twin.
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O
« Reply #117225 on: January 26, 2017, 12:14:24 pm »

People that go to an autoservice/selfservice fast food place, like McDonals or Burguer King and don't pick up their crap from the table. I swear I feel like plummeting them to unconsciousness with the tray and trash they refuse to pick up.

Granted, there might be cases where it can be pass upon (people leaving on a rush as an example), but in general lines it's very rude to do so, and while the poor sod on the lobby won't tell you anything, it's not really his/her job to pick up your trash. You are just adding job on a probably already overburden young lad out of laziness and rudeness.

Anyone that's reading this, please be consideraste and PICK UP YOU TRAYS and put your trash on the cans! And if there's separated trash for recycling please take 20 seconds to separate the left overs and put them on the right bins.
I'm curious as to how a tank would evolve. Would it climb out of the primordial ooze wiggling it's track-nubs, feeding on smaller jeeps before crawling onto the shore having evolved proper treds?
My ship exploded midflight, but all the shrapnel totally landed on Alpha Centauri before anyone else did.  Bow before me world leaders!

Comrade P.

• Bay Watcher
  • For space is wide and good friends are too few
    • View Profile
« Reply #117226 on: January 26, 2017, 12:16:40 pm »

Funny, I'm doing the opposite right now. Kept my hair short for the past five years, sort of doing the opposite right now, though it's a bitch to clean and I don't think I'll be sticking with it for long.
There is a time in the process of not-cutting your hair (which it was for me, as opposed to purposefully growing), several months of it, when it's not quite long enough to put it in a ponytail on the back of your head, but long enough to get in your face, like, all the time. I was preoccupied with loads upon loads of stuff going on in high school, so it didn't cross my mind that much. For others, I suppose it is something to endure.
From there on though, it's brush-wash-twice-a-week-ponytail-forget.

Thinking about dying my short hair red, actually. Not sure if it'll work for me, I'll think on it.
« Last Edit: January 26, 2017, 12:20:04 pm by Comrade P. »
Sigs

Nobody exists on purpose. Nobody belongs anywhere. Everybody’s gonna die. Come watch TV?

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #117227 on: January 26, 2017, 12:23:42 pm »

TempAcc

• Bay Watcher
  • [CASTE:SATAN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #117228 on: January 26, 2017, 12:38:39 pm »

« Last Edit: January 26, 2017, 12:44:09 pm by TempAcc »
On normal internet forums, threads devolve from content into trolling. On Bay12, it's the other way around.
There is no God but TempAcc, and He is His own Prophet.

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #117229 on: January 26, 2017, 01:44:39 pm »

I was going through some of my older games today and came across some of my all-time favorites (Freelancer and Age of Empires II for example) and got to thinking about when I first played them.

Don't mean to drag up a post from a couple pages back, but this is a WTF I love sharing: did you know they're still updating Age of Empires II? Like, not small updates either, whole new campaigns and races with their own units, major balance overhauls, New UI, just everything you can think of, they're still adding things to it like 18 years after launch.

Though I'm pretty sure the updates are for the HD version on steam, but still.

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #117230 on: January 26, 2017, 02:01:39 pm »

If its actually fun, it never gets old
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

LordBaal

• Bay Watcher
  • System Lord and Hanslanda lees evil twin.
    • View Profile
« Reply #117231 on: January 26, 2017, 02:03:18 pm »

The updates are only for the HD version yes, but that game is a classic beyond ages and it's still pretty popular. I play it still from time to time.
I'm curious as to how a tank would evolve. Would it climb out of the primordial ooze wiggling it's track-nubs, feeding on smaller jeeps before crawling onto the shore having evolved proper treds?
My ship exploded midflight, but all the shrapnel totally landed on Alpha Centauri before anyone else did.  Bow before me world leaders!

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #117232 on: January 26, 2017, 02:07:06 pm »

Looks like we've got another contender for Cunt of the Day from my life, featuring urine-soaked old man #43. Some other guy makes an innocuous comment about a strange smell, #43 instantly assumes (rightly) that it's him and snaps the lever on the conversation clean off with his response: "What, you want me to smell like perfume you fucking f*****? You fucking f*****, you're gonna be smellin' my fist in your throat in a second!"

Continued in that vein for a couple seconds more, then ducked out and fled when he noticed folks moving toward him and someone mentioned calling the police. Boy howdy, I sure do love living here some times.

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #117233 on: January 26, 2017, 02:29:59 pm »

Funny, I'm doing the opposite right now. Kept my hair short for the past five years, sort of doing the opposite right now, though it's a bitch to clean and I don't think I'll be sticking with it for long.
There is a time in the process of not-cutting your hair (which it was for me, as opposed to purposefully growing), several months of it, when it's not quite long enough to put it in a ponytail on the back of your head, but long enough to get in your face, like, all the time. I was preoccupied with loads upon loads of stuff going on in high school, so it didn't cross my mind that much. For others, I suppose it is something to endure.
From there on though, it's brush-wash-twice-a-week-ponytail-forget.

Thinking about dying my short hair red, actually. Not sure if it'll work for me, I'll think on it.
Yeah, that part is the worst!!  Particularly when I was playing racquetball - sweatbands are useful anyway, but I absolutely required them at that point, because otherwise sweaty hair flayed my eyes.  It's as horrible as it sounds.  I even wore shades indoors a couple times but the hair still gets in the way.

Kinda a shame, because it's otherwise convenient and kinda cute.  But ponytails are also pretty easy, particularly if you like hairbrushing like I do.
RIP your hair, though ;_;  I say go for the dyes, make the most of this!  Having pink hair was actually a lot of fun!  I kept forgetting about it, which led to people being impressed by how confidently I wore it XD
And colored fringes can look really neat...
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

itisnotlogical

• Bay Watcher
  • might be dat boi
    • View Profile
« Reply #117234 on: January 26, 2017, 02:31:38 pm »

My Spanish textbook, as part of all the online bonus content, comes with little short films featuring a kind-of story and recurring cast of characters.

I have no idea why but I'm totally and completely invested, even though I hate almost all the characters. I want to know what happens next.
This game is Curtain Fire Shooting Game.
Girls do their best now and are preparing. Please watch warmly until it is ready.

overseer05-15

• Bay Watcher
  • Personal Text
    • View Profile
« Reply #117235 on: January 26, 2017, 02:35:22 pm »

My Spanish textbook, as part of all the online bonus content, comes with little short films featuring a kind-of story and recurring cast of characters.

I have no idea why but I'm totally and completely invested, even though I hate almost all the characters. I want to know what happens next.

I had the same shit in French,  I think. Is it a stupid-ass sitcom?
adult food like, I presume, steak and potatoes and tax forms,

My game giveaway

itisnotlogical

• Bay Watcher
  • might be dat boi
    • View Profile
« Reply #117236 on: January 26, 2017, 02:41:10 pm »

It's more like slice-of-life although it is possibly unintentionally comedic. There's a character named Felipe who's a total asshole and it's pretty funny. The transfer student character is also totally unlikable and great fun is had ragging on her.
This game is Curtain Fire Shooting Game.
Girls do their best now and are preparing. Please watch warmly until it is ready.

overseer05-15

• Bay Watcher
  • Personal Text
    • View Profile
« Reply #117237 on: January 26, 2017, 03:06:29 pm »

It's different, but the premise seems similar. I feel your pain.
adult food like, I presume, steak and potatoes and tax forms,

My game giveaway

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #117238 on: January 26, 2017, 03:59:15 pm »

I remember having to watch shit like that in school too.
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

Silverthrone

• Bay Watcher
  • Mad Old Geat
    • View Profile
« Reply #117239 on: January 26, 2017, 04:13:28 pm »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

wat
Spoiler: This news is hilarious (click to show/hide)

How have I lived so long without this?

This is only made worsebetter because I keep reading it as "khemri tv"

So that is what those dear old rattlebones have been up to since Games Workshop chucked them out? I can imagine it makes one rather bitter.

To contribute some more, I recall seeing an educational film about Salmonella, which was a slice-of-life of a struggling photographer, who's wife evidently cannot cook chicken. Oh, he is having a double-ended crisis, will he ever manage to take those photographies and save his buiness? Will Cruella de Ville, who is now apparently in the frozen vegetables business, fire him? And here we see a computer-generated image of his bowels in action.
« Last Edit: January 26, 2017, 04:17:39 pm by Silverthrone »
Pages: 1 ... 7814 7815 [7816] 7817 7818 ... 11040