Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 7806 7807 [7808] 7809 7810 ... 11040

Author Topic: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O  (Read 14457490 times)

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O
« Reply #117105 on: January 23, 2017, 03:02:13 pm »

Gonnae no dae that
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

muldrake

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #117106 on: January 23, 2017, 03:02:49 pm »

Ok here is an unrelated WTF... Ok this one is weird

You know that movie Pixels? The thing that got the largest "WTF" from me isn't what most people did.

At one point someone cheats to win one of the alien's games... using a cheat code built into the game the aliens were using...

The aliens are completely fooled but then come back when they look at the play back and realize that the person was cheating.

You can't really expect much of any Adam Sandler movie, really.  If it actually just fails to give you a brain tumor, it's better than average.

muldrake

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #117107 on: January 23, 2017, 03:10:06 pm »

Facebook broadcast a live video of 3 men in Sweden raping a semi-conscious woman. Only after a long time did the onlookers realize it was not a bad joke, and someone informed the police. The video kept streaming the rape, until the police entered the appartment and arrested the 3 men.

I read an AMA from some Facebook mod once, and apparently, it's just really terrible.  You're constantly exposed to all kinds of heinous stuff, child abuse content, rape, and similar to this, people actually broadcasting crimes in progress.  Plus, when you're trying to deal with this, you're also flooded with a nonstop torrent of frivolous, bogus complaints and people getting offended about literally nothing, making it hard to find the actual legitimate criminal content.

I'd imagine this was simply a case where someone prioritized actually contacting the police to stop the crime over stopping the stream.  Maybe they assumed someone else was doing it.  Maybe they realized that shutting down the stream would alert the criminals that their actions were being monitored.

I seriously doubt anyone said "let's just leave this rape stream up for the pure hell of it."

EnigmaticHat

• Bay Watcher
  • I vibrate, I die, I vibrate again
    • View Profile
« Reply #117108 on: January 23, 2017, 03:21:42 pm »

Facebook broadcast a live video of 3 men in Sweden raping a semi-conscious woman. Only after a long time did the onlookers realize it was not a bad joke, and someone informed the police. The video kept streaming the rape, until the police entered the appartment and arrested the 3 men.

Facebook is under fire now. The question is, why did their livestream watchers not notice this, and instead it had to be a random viewer to notify the police, with Facebook claiming they have 24h teams watching livestreams for inappropriate content. Also their policy of giving livestreams priority in people's timelines is under assault. People wonder how many children have watched the rape.

Some people call out for a complete ban on Facebook livestream, periscope, and other various live media.

http://www.aftonbladet.se/nyheter/a/Jeem7/tre-gripna-for-valdtakt-i-uppsala
You know what, that's horrible, but I'm just going to say it.  Kitty Genovese averted.

Edit: I say FB should run with this.  Use reports and analytics of comments to identify streams that are likely serious crimes in progress, quarantine them so underage viewers get kicked off and no new viewers get added, add a steady stream of fake viewers to keep up the illusion nothing is happened.  Have a team that checks out all the quarantined streams in order of severity and then calls local police.  Local police don't respond, at least they have video evidence of the crime.
« Last Edit: January 23, 2017, 03:27:12 pm by EnigmaticHat »
"T-take this non-euclidean geometry, h-humanity-baka. I m-made it, but not because I l-li-l-like you or anything! I just felt s-sorry for you, b-baka."
You misspelled seance.  Are possessing Draignean?  Are you actually a ghost in the shell? You have to tell us if you are, that's the rule

Dozebôm Lolumzalěs

• Bay Watcher
  • what even is truth
    • View Profile
    • test
« Reply #117109 on: January 23, 2017, 04:37:38 pm »

Okay, cards on the table. How'd you get that nonsense?

I got mine by writing some stuff, then running it through a Qwerty-to-Dvorak tool, then modifying it so that it had more ELDRITCHINESS.

Hfdllo can you hqar m! D.nnr frg d.ap jab m.! Jyhpps ial tsf jxao m! Hello you hear can me!

(Doqbom has bffn possqssqd by ane Ldritch horror! Doqbom is compqllqd to sprqad the Madnqss! Doqbom has insqrtqd a mqmqtic cognitohaz ard into the Thrqad.e)

Quote from: King James Programming
...Simplification leaves us with the black extra-cosmic gulfs it throws open before our frenzied eyes...
Quote from: Salvané Descocrates
The only difference between me and a fool is that I know that I know only that I think, therefore I am.
Sigtext!

AzyWng

• Bay Watcher
  • Just one of many
    • View Profile

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #117111 on: January 23, 2017, 09:59:58 pm »

Hooray for Twitch and its freshly-stained image it now has in my mind.
Good fucking god, one day to >1m views and nearly 160k ratings.

But yeah twitch is shit, this is known.

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

overseer05-15

• Bay Watcher
  • Personal Text
    • View Profile
« Reply #117112 on: January 23, 2017, 10:37:09 pm »

TFW you run across a manga with a premise so strange it manages to weird you out, despite the fact you thought you had become numb to such feelings
adult food like, I presume, steak and potatoes and tax forms,

My game giveaway

Reelya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #117113 on: January 24, 2017, 01:16:58 am »

I read an AMA from some Facebook mod once, and apparently, it's just really terrible.  You're constantly exposed to all kinds of heinous stuff, child abuse content, rape, and similar to this, people actually broadcasting crimes in progress.  Plus, when you're trying to deal with this, you're also flooded with a nonstop torrent of frivolous, bogus complaints and people getting offended about literally nothing, making it hard to find the actual legitimate criminal content.

I'd imagine this was simply a case where someone prioritized actually contacting the police to stop the crime over stopping the stream.  Maybe they assumed someone else was doing it.  Maybe they realized that shutting down the stream would alert the criminals that their actions were being monitored.

I seriously doubt anyone said "let's just leave this rape stream up for the pure hell of it."

Apparently the facebook rape streaming video was in a closed facebook group, so that partly explains why this took so long. It wasn't a generally public feed. Also, evidence.

Arx

• Bay Watcher
  • Iron within, iron without.
    • View Profile
    • Art!
« Reply #117114 on: January 24, 2017, 01:46:41 am »

Apparently all of my wisdom teeth are set at a 45* angle. Welp. Maxillofacial surgery here we come, I guess.

I am on Discord as Arx#2415.
Hail to the mind of man! / Fire in the sky
I've been waiting for you / On this day we die.

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #117115 on: January 24, 2017, 01:53:02 am »

Only two out of the sixty watching bothered to call the police, so it's not unlikely nobody contacted Facebook about it. That said, "why did Facebook leave it up" is a big damn sidetrack from the questions people should be asking.
Love, scriver~

martinuzz

• Bay Watcher
  • High dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #117116 on: January 24, 2017, 06:15:41 am »

I guess we can expect more arrests then, if it was a closed Facebook group. 'conspiracy to rape', 'participating in organized crime'. That is if Facebook will give the identities of the closed group members to law enforcement.
Friendly and polite reminder for optimists: Hope is a finite resource

We can ­disagree and still love each other, ­unless your disagreement is rooted in my oppression and denial of my humanity and right to exist - James Baldwin

http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=73719.msg1830479#msg1830479

martinuzz

• Bay Watcher
  • High dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #117117 on: January 24, 2017, 06:17:22 am »

Apparently all of my wisdom teeth are set at a 45* angle. Welp. Maxillofacial surgery here we come, I guess.
They won't do them all at once. They can only do one side of your face, because of sedation complications (like you will choke to death if they sedate your tongue on both sides of your face). They'll do one side, and schedule you to come back for the other side in about half a year.

We can ­disagree and still love each other, ­unless your disagreement is rooted in my oppression and denial of my humanity and right to exist - James Baldwin

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #117118 on: January 24, 2017, 06:32:43 am »

I guess we can expect more arrests then, if it was a closed Facebook group. 'conspiracy to rape', 'participating in organized crime'. That is if Facebook will give the identities of the closed group members to law enforcement.

I doubt Swedish law even has the ability to accuse people for that kind of crime.
Love, scriver~

martinuzz

• Bay Watcher
  • High dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #117119 on: January 24, 2017, 06:42:31 am »

Also, evidence.
Huh? Are you saying it's okay to let a rape go on longer for the sake of better evidence?

Pages: 1 ... 7806 7807 [7808] 7809 7810 ... 11040