Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 7802 7803 [7804] 7805 7806 ... 11040

Author Topic: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O  (Read 14457741 times)

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O
« Reply #117045 on: January 22, 2017, 09:44:25 am »

Oh there is a Spanish one as well. In a blog about something else entirely a guy strolled in blathering  about "corporate goverment"  and "legal personhood entrapment", which were warning signs by themselves. Calling his site "Sovereign and free educatikn" was another.

I just loaded it up but the stupid is too strong and I can't keep reading
Everyone sucks at everything. Until they don't. Not sucking is a product of time invested.

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #117046 on: January 22, 2017, 09:59:25 am »

From what I've heard, the Netherlands literally have a protestant "Bible Belt", which is apparently also an area with a lot of antivaxxers...

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

GiglameshDespair

• Bay Watcher
  • Beware! Once I have posted, your thread is doomed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #117047 on: January 22, 2017, 10:07:02 am »

Mmm. I suppose anywhere there is a government, there will people saying "no, it doesn't apply to me."
You fool. Don't you understand?
No one wishes to go on...

NJW2000

• Bay Watcher
  • You know me. What do I know?
    • View Profile
« Reply #117048 on: January 22, 2017, 10:08:52 am »

You aren't forced to enter the social contract, I guess. Though it's hard to stop the social contract from forcibly entering you....
One wheel short of a wagon

muldrake

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #117049 on: January 22, 2017, 10:15:07 am »

I am starting to realize why people are starting to use the term "Neoliberalism" or Arch-Liberalism I forget exactly.

Many people using this word don't even know what it means.  At all.  It means about the opposite of what it sounds like.  It's a gross oversimplification, but "globalism" is probably a better, or at least more comprehensible term for what is usually meant when people use it in a critical sense.

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #117050 on: January 22, 2017, 10:16:46 am »

Mmm. I suppose anywhere there is a government, there will people saying "no, it doesn't apply to me."
Except when it benefits them, of course. All those nice public roads, emergency services, you name it.
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #117051 on: January 22, 2017, 10:46:45 am »

Except when it benefits them, of course. All those nice public roads, emergency services, you name it.
Yep. Just plain old selfishness, that's all it is. Of course they should be allowed to reap all of the benefits of the social contract and civilization without shouldering any of the responsibilities.

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

martinuzz

• Bay Watcher
  • High dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #117052 on: January 22, 2017, 10:51:42 am »

From what I've heard, the Netherlands literally have a protestant "Bible Belt", which is apparently also an area with a lot of antivaxxers...
True dat. It's a small group though, this 'bible belt'. Just a few villages / small towns in the east of the country. They used to be the majority of the anti-vaxxers, but have been surpassed by the antroposophes, and more recently, a new breed of tinfoil hatters is emerging amongst the populist electorate as well that doesn't vaccinate because they read something on Facebook about autism, or just generally think that everything that the elite says must be bad.
Friendly and polite reminder for optimists: Hope is a finite resource

We can ­disagree and still love each other, ­unless your disagreement is rooted in my oppression and denial of my humanity and right to exist - James Baldwin

http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=73719.msg1830479#msg1830479

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #117053 on: January 22, 2017, 11:07:53 am »

Yep. Just plain old selfishness, that's all it is. Of course they should be allowed to reap all of the benefits of the social contract and civilization without shouldering any of the responsibilities.
"They are free people who have all of the rights of a US citizen without following any of their laws."

Tbh not sure how you come to that conclusion

Dozebôm Lolumzalìs

• Bay Watcher
  • what even is truth
    • View Profile
    • test
« Reply #117054 on: January 22, 2017, 11:12:33 am »

That's not how voluntaryism works, dudes.

Anyway, on the topic of neoliberalism: KILL KILL KILL KILL THE FAKE LEFTISTS
Quote from: King James Programming
...Simplification leaves us with the black extra-cosmic gulfs it throws open before our frenzied eyes...
Quote from: Salvané Descocrates
The only difference between me and a fool is that I know that I know only that I think, therefore I am.
Sigtext!

muldrake

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #117055 on: January 22, 2017, 11:15:47 am »

This is more of a going "hey this is a pretty cool idea" rather than WTF, but a warning message just stopped me from necro'ing a four year old thread accidentally and looking like a fool.

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #117056 on: January 22, 2017, 11:47:42 am »

Oh there is a Spanish one as well. In a blog about something else entirely a guy strolled in blathering  about "corporate goverment"  and "legal personhood entrapment", which were warning signs by themselves. Calling his site "Sovereign and free educatikn" was another.

I just loaded it up but the stupid is too strong and I can't keep reading

If I were Basque I would claim sovereign citizenhood on the basis of Universal Nobility, and then lean back on saying I thus have a cultural right to be a free man.

Sweden has two.  I'm in the south half and one in the north.

That's not how voluntaryism works, dudes.

Anyway, on the topic of neoliberalism: KILL KILL KILL KILL THE FAKE LEFTISTS

Neoliberalism isn't fake leftism, liberalism has always been right-wing (Well, post year 1800 or so ). Only the US uses the word liberalism for leftwingers.
Love, scriver~

muldrake

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #117057 on: January 22, 2017, 12:02:55 pm »

Neoliberalism isn't fake leftism, liberalism has always been right-wing (Well, post year 1800 or so ). Only the US uses the word liberalism for leftwingers.

The term "neoliberalism" has nothing to do whatsoever with the artificial left-right political dichotomy anyway.  It is a reference to economic policies.  While it is sometimes considered, actually, to be conservative, Democratic politicians in the U.S. are deeply associated with its international contents, such as treaties like NAFTA and the TPP.

It's a term that should really be abandoned, as outside of economics wonk circles, it just confuses people.

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #117058 on: January 22, 2017, 01:22:06 pm »

"They are free people who have all of the rights of a US citizen without following any of their laws."

Tbh not sure how you come to that conclusion
*snrk*

I've seen some bad ones, but holy shit.

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

EnigmaticHat

• Bay Watcher
  • I vibrate, I die, I vibrate again
    • View Profile
« Reply #117059 on: January 22, 2017, 01:46:07 pm »

The term "neoliberalism" has nothing to do whatsoever with the artificial left-right political dichotomy anyway.  It is a reference to economic policies.  While it is sometimes considered, actually, to be conservative, Democratic politicians in the U.S. are deeply associated with its international contents, such as treaties like NAFTA and the TPP.

It's a term that should really be abandoned, as outside of economics wonk circles, it just confuses people.
Right now I think the most appropriate term in american politics would honestly be "libertarian."  I doubt libertarians would agree with that but when libertarians talk about "freedom" its usually the freedom to engage in economic activity as they choose.  Buy pot, pay employees whatever they want, trade without taxes or tarrifs, refuse service to whoever they want, that kind of thing.  It seems like the difference is that neoliberals focus on connecting economies, whereas libertarians focus on the acquisition of individual wealth.  Similar ideas but on different scales.  Neolibertian?
"T-take this non-euclidean geometry, h-humanity-baka. I m-made it, but not because I l-li-l-like you or anything! I just felt s-sorry for you, b-baka."
You misspelled seance.  Are possessing Draignean?  Are you actually a ghost in the shell? You have to tell us if you are, that's the rule
Pages: 1 ... 7802 7803 [7804] 7805 7806 ... 11040