Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 7783 7784 [7785] 7786 7787 ... 11040

Author Topic: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O  (Read 14464057 times)

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O
« Reply #116760 on: January 16, 2017, 10:17:02 pm »

No, as in "risks the health and lives of countless people who had no choice in the matter with little or no chance of harm to themselves". It's like suicide bombing except the bomber always survives the explosion, is legally permitted to conduct the bombings, and is allowed to continue to do so as long as they are physically able.

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

itisnotlogical

• Bay Watcher
  • might be dat boi
    • View Profile
« Reply #116761 on: January 16, 2017, 10:21:10 pm »

Or convincing people that suicide bombing is actually beneficial and the best choice for your baby, and not-suicide-bombing actually causes autism.

I question the usefulness of this metaphor.
This game is Curtain Fire Shooting Game.
Girls do their best now and are preparing. Please watch warmly until it is ready.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #116762 on: January 16, 2017, 10:21:59 pm »

No, as in "risks the health and lives of countless people who had no choice in the matter with little or no chance of harm to themselves". It's like suicide bombing except the bomber always survives the explosion, is legally permitted to conduct the bombings, and is allowed to continue to do so as long as they are physically able.

Lets take this further to countries that will not accept Polio vaccines because they believe they are poisoned or tampered with probably aren't helped by the Vaxxer "Information".

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #116763 on: January 16, 2017, 10:23:03 pm »

Or convincing people that suicide bombing is actually beneficial and the best choice for your baby, and not-suicide-bombing actually causes autism.

Well, it was a means of comparing the destructive potential of destructive forms of suicide... I guess
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

Sergarr

• Bay Watcher
  • (9) airheaded baka (9)
    • View Profile
« Reply #116764 on: January 17, 2017, 12:45:36 am »

OK I knew that financial inequality was getting bad but I didn't expect that currently just eight richest people hold same wealth as the 50%, or 3.6 billion of poorest people on Earth. This can't be good.
._.

Arx

• Bay Watcher
  • Iron within, iron without.
    • View Profile
    • Art!
« Reply #116765 on: January 17, 2017, 01:17:12 am »

There's a massive fire on the mountain side, and it's causing the light to be beautiful in an apocalyptic sort of way.

I am on Discord as Arx#2415.
Hail to the mind of man! / Fire in the sky
I've been waiting for you / On this day we die.

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile
« Reply #116766 on: January 17, 2017, 01:19:10 am »

Please tell me the Anti-vaccination movement is losing members and not growing them... given they had a major movie released last year.

>_<
One of my secretaries is an antivaxxer *facepalm*
Everyone sucks at everything. Until they don't. Not sucking is a product of time invested.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #116767 on: January 17, 2017, 01:41:12 am »

Man I wouldn't mind it so much if it wasn't an issue that is kind of bigger than them.

This isn't... like say... Parents being Jehovah Witnesses that deny their daughter a blood transfusion causing her to die. It is at least isolated and you know what? religious freedom.

Heck this isn't even if Jehovah Witnesses couldn't be vaccinated... I will still protect freedom of religion... as there is enough vaccinated people to sort of shield them as well.

This is this perpetuated ignorance based off of nothing... that directly interferes with the herd immunity which is directly responsible for the protection of the most vulnerable people in our society... AND if we did have an epidemic, it would directly interfere with its eradication.

If there was a genuine concern with vaccines and we weren't dealing with life or death... then fine.

Yet goodness we have long since laid the Autism Vaccine concerns to rest. It is done! Unless there is a massive conspiracy by "Big Pharma" that somehow got perpetuated for decades that somehow spans the globe over... It is pretty conclusive.
« Last Edit: January 17, 2017, 01:43:52 am by Neonivek »

George_Chickens

• Bay Watcher
  • Ghosts are stored in the balls.
    • View Profile
« Reply #116768 on: January 17, 2017, 02:55:27 am »

Well, when's the last time you heard of an autistic suicide bomber? Hmmm?

I GOT YOU!
Ghosts are stored in the balls?[/quote]
also George_Chickens quit fucking my sister

IcyTea31

• Bay Watcher
  • Studying functions and fiction
    • View Profile
« Reply #116769 on: January 17, 2017, 03:15:45 am »

My two cents: even if vaccines did sometimes cause autism, I'd still take the small risk of disability by vaccine over the greater risk of death by disease.
There is a world yet only seen by physicists and magicians.

Arx

• Bay Watcher
  • Iron within, iron without.
    • View Profile
    • Art!
« Reply #116770 on: January 17, 2017, 05:18:04 am »

Wish I had a barometer. I could swear the pressure just fell like a rock, but it's almost certainly my mind playing tricks on me.

Although there is a weather service saying that the pressure started dropping about an hour ago, so...

I am on Discord as Arx#2415.
Hail to the mind of man! / Fire in the sky
I've been waiting for you / On this day we die.

ein

• Bay Watcher
  • 勝利の女神はここよ~ 早く捕まえてぇ~
    • View Profile
« Reply #116771 on: January 17, 2017, 06:55:02 am »

i booted into windows to grab something and holy shit why is everything so god damn slow

Avis-Mergulus

• Bay Watcher
  • This adorable animal can't work.
    • View Profile
« Reply #116772 on: January 17, 2017, 07:04:00 am »

i booted into windows to grab something and holy shit why is everything so god damn slow
In a bizarre coincidence, I recently upgraded to the non-stable version of Debian and I am now getting inexplicable periods of slow-ass performance. Not sure if it's a problem with Debian 9 or if my ancient computer is actually dying. Either way this was a mistake.
“See this Payam!” cried the gods, “He deceives us! He cruelly abuses our lustful hearts!”

Sergarr

• Bay Watcher
  • (9) airheaded baka (9)
    • View Profile
« Reply #116773 on: January 17, 2017, 07:06:57 am »

I've never booted into anything other than the windows

i am the slow ;_;
._.

ein

• Bay Watcher
  • 勝利の女神はここよ~ 早く捕まえてぇ~
    • View Profile
« Reply #116774 on: January 17, 2017, 07:07:22 am »

my gut reaction is to blame debian, but i have an irrational distaste for debian and all debian based distros, so my opinion is pretty fucking biased

edit: oh god i just reached up to open a command prompt to reboot back into linux but i don't have cmd.exe on my windows taskbar and i'm pretty sure windows would just get confused if i told it sudo reboot
Pages: 1 ... 7783 7784 [7785] 7786 7787 ... 11040