Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 7765 7766 [7767] 7768 7769 ... 11037

Author Topic: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O  (Read 14475822 times)

IcyTea31

• Bay Watcher
  • Studying functions and fiction
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O
« Reply #116490 on: January 09, 2017, 04:04:21 pm »

So I've watched some CS:GO gameplay (by the way of watching random bullshit videos), and... you can apparently (or could, maybe they patched it) fire a machinegun full-auto with barely any recoil or spread. What?!
The weapons in CS:GO have very predictable recoil. A skilled player can negate it by moving their aim accordingly. You may notice the players' crosshairs being at their enemies' feet when they're firing full-auto. This is particularly easy with machine guns because of their high rate of fire and 'tracers'.

As for spread, it depends more on how fast one is moving. An immobile player can shoot with very little spread, and a crouched one with even less. (Fun fact: if you switch directions while strafing, you are 'immobile' for a split second as your momentum changes.)
There is a world yet only seen by physicists and magicians.

Kot

• Bay Watcher
  • 2 Patriotic 4 U
    • View Profile
    • Tiny Pixel Soldiers
« Reply #116491 on: January 09, 2017, 04:40:33 pm »

If you "heat up" the Negev like a minigun, it's spray pattern starts to concentrate around one point after like 50 bullets so once it gets shooting it's actually pretty accurate. You will still easily get outgunned by AKs or sniper rifles at more than medium distances.

Thats because of the run and gun updates of a while back. It made full auto on most guns easier to control. Back when I played you could barely hit anything by running around in full auto.
Few recent updates were actually against run and gun.
Especially my favourite way of doing it - jump and gun. Rip MP9 suprise buttsecks ;_;.
Kot finishes his morning routine in the same way he always does, by burning a scale replica of Saint Basil's Cathedral on the windowsill.

Sergarr

• Bay Watcher
  • (9) airheaded baka (9)
    • View Profile
« Reply #116492 on: January 09, 2017, 05:03:18 pm »

So I've watched some CS:GO gameplay (by the way of watching random bullshit videos), and... you can apparently (or could, maybe they patched it) fire a machinegun full-auto with barely any recoil or spread. What?!

Thats because of the run and gun updates of a while back. It made full auto on most guns easier to control. Back when I played you could barely hit anything by running around in full auto.

CS:GO has never been a milsim anyway.
But, why would they do that?! Wasn't CS, like, a competitive game or something? Why would they make pointing and spraying a viable strategy at anything other than point-blank range???
._.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #116493 on: January 09, 2017, 05:49:15 pm »

Ok so here is a song that is meant to be a joke but for some reason I feel it is very poignant. It is a song from the game Matrimelee (I think I spelled it right)...

And the song is about the singer going to a restaurant where she ordered a steak because it comes with fries which is her favorite.

So she decides to save the best for last and happily eats the steak anticipating the fries, waiting for them.

Yet when she finishes the steak the waitress comes and takes her plate away thinking she is finished... even though she never got to eat any of the fries.

There is just something so human about this whole song... Even the fact that she could have ordered the fries separately, could have stopped the waitress but didn't because she was too shy/polite, and even the fact that she treats it like a travesty even though it is such a trivial part of her day, the fact that it kind of ruined the entire evening.

Even the villain who probably thought she was doing her job well and didn't even really intend to hurt her but did so through her caring carelessness... is just... perfect

I dunno for a joke song... I can just feel for the singer. It feels like I could have been in the exact situation (In fact, I have). Yeah it is silly that she is bawling her eyes out for what is essentially fries, but in the same way anyone could.

No Visuals but better quality:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t-FphVJ7uuI

With Visuals
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UTfloAnyVxs

Huh, there is apparently a translation... never heard it.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qm-RofVyz_4

Why do I love this joke song as like a legit song?
« Last Edit: January 09, 2017, 06:00:29 pm by Neonivek »

Kot

• Bay Watcher
  • 2 Patriotic 4 U
    • View Profile
    • Tiny Pixel Soldiers
« Reply #116494 on: January 09, 2017, 07:10:34 pm »

But, why would they do that?! Wasn't CS, like, a competitive game or something? Why would they make pointing and spraying a viable strategy at anything other than point-blank range???
It's not? I mean, the Pros would surely just all use Negevs if it was the case, you should check if the video was maybe custom server or cheater or whatever. Also, hell, Negev is a pretty great weapon, but it's barely used due to price tag and the fact that you can still die quicker than you kill, losing the gun to the enemy in the process, so it somehow balances itself out.
Kot finishes his morning routine in the same way he always does, by burning a scale replica of Saint Basil's Cathedral on the windowsill.

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #116495 on: January 09, 2017, 07:25:11 pm »

AND HERE WE GO AGAIN-

Welcome to the wonderful world of CounterStrike: CoD babby casul edition. I'll shelve the rant this time.

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

Iceblaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Now with 50% less in-jokes!
    • View Profile
« Reply #116496 on: January 09, 2017, 07:38:39 pm »

And I'll say this: Using casual or call of duty as an insult to a game is a stupid argument.

This is more of a general WTF, but whatever. I tend to sleep in the weirdest positions. i think my tendency to move around a lot when I sleep is a bit annoying because I end up having my neck be sore or some part of my body be sore because i ended up sleeping on it for most of the night. freaking body. why can't you sleep normal.

BlackFlyme

• Bay Watcher
  • BlackFlyme cancels Work: Interrupted by bird.
    • View Profile
« Reply #116497 on: January 09, 2017, 07:49:14 pm »

A fast food chain is using the Bee Movie script in its ads.

Dozebôm Lolumzalìs

• Bay Watcher
  • what even is truth
    • View Profile
    • test
« Reply #116498 on: January 09, 2017, 08:11:03 pm »

The Bee Movie, except every time it's used in an advertisement, it gets faster
Quote from: King James Programming
...Simplification leaves us with the black extra-cosmic gulfs it throws open before our frenzied eyes...
Quote from: Salvané Descocrates
The only difference between me and a fool is that I know that I know only that I think, therefore I am.
Sigtext!

Iceblaster

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #116499 on: January 09, 2017, 08:27:20 pm »

Isn't that something Pixar whoever owns the Bee Movie can sue for?

Kot

• Bay Watcher
  • 2 Patriotic 4 U
    • View Profile
    • Tiny Pixel Soldiers
« Reply #116500 on: January 09, 2017, 08:28:00 pm »

We are Number One but every time they say one it's The Bee Movie, except every time it's used in an advertisement, it gets faster... except its cut in half with glowing 1000 degree kitchen knife.

SOLDIER First

• Bay Watcher
  • Trans fucking rights, baby.
    • View Profile
« Reply #116501 on: January 09, 2017, 08:32:22 pm »

We Are Number One except every "one" is replaced with the Bee Movie except every time they say "bee" it plays the Lord of the Rings Trilogy Extended Edition plus The Hobbit Trilogy Extended Edition except every time they say "ring" in The Lord of the Rings or "Smaug" in The Hobbit it plays The Matrix Trilogy except every time they say "one" it plays the "one" from We Are Number One
Black lives matter.

Iceblaster

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #116502 on: January 09, 2017, 08:33:32 pm »

Eventually though, you'd finish. There was one where it was 'We are number one, but every one is replaced with we are number one.' Where it went where youe xpected, with every 'one' being replaced by a new 'we are number one.' Even in the recursive we are number ones.

overseer05-15

• Bay Watcher
  • Personal Text
    • View Profile
« Reply #116503 on: January 09, 2017, 08:36:25 pm »

A game of red light green light where every time they say redlight it's replaced with we are number one layered over All Star
adult food like, I presume, steak and potatoes and tax forms,

My game giveaway

BlackFlyme

• Bay Watcher
  • BlackFlyme cancels Work: Interrupted by bird.
    • View Profile
« Reply #116504 on: January 09, 2017, 08:38:31 pm »

Isn't that something Pixar whoever owns the Bee Movie can sue for?

Unless they copywrote Jerry Seinfeld's joke that bee wings are too small for their fat little bodies, no.
Pages: 1 ... 7765 7766 [7767] 7768 7769 ... 11037