Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 7736 7737 [7738] 7739 7740 ... 11037

Author Topic: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O  (Read 14489133 times)

Reelya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O
« Reply #116055 on: December 31, 2016, 11:36:15 pm »

Sure, but you made the point yourself that Hello Neighbor is a thing you'd have only played once and then forgotten, if not for the same "problem" you've outlined. They're getting a lot of free publicity because of that "problem" including me hearing about it and considering giving it a look because of your complaint.

That's a win from the business of making games perspective, hence it's the sort of behavior that we, including yourself, are encouraging. So it's not a "WTF game-maker" thing it's a "WTF everyone including myself" for encouraging game designers to do that again and again.

itisnotlogical

• Bay Watcher
  • might be dat boi
    • View Profile
« Reply #116056 on: January 01, 2017, 12:43:35 am »

I blame the Game Theory channel, and FNAF and Undertale by extension (though to a much lesser degree). Now, suddenly every half-mediocre game that comes out is fodder for OMG HIDDEN MESSAGES!?!!!!!! and [popular character]'s DARK SECRET!!! videos.

Unrelated, but fuck breaking the fourth wall. It's been done to death for actually years now. Put things back behind the fourth wall, please. It's not cool or clever or original anymore.
« Last Edit: January 01, 2017, 12:46:18 am by itisnotlogical »
This game is Curtain Fire Shooting Game.
Girls do their best now and are preparing. Please watch warmly until it is ready.

overseer05-15

• Bay Watcher
  • Personal Text
    • View Profile
« Reply #116057 on: January 01, 2017, 01:53:47 am »

Unrelated, but fuck breaking the fourth wall. It's been done to death for actually years now. Put things back behind the fourth wall, please. It's not cool or clever or original anymore.

Just because it's not cool or clever or original anymore doesn't mean it can't be funny.
adult food like, I presume, steak and potatoes and tax forms,

My game giveaway

Greiger

• Bay Watcher
  • Reptilian Illuminati member. Keep it secret.
    • View Profile
« Reply #116058 on: January 01, 2017, 02:57:19 am »

I blame the Game Theory channel, and FNAF and Undertale by extension (though to a much lesser degree). Now, suddenly every half-mediocre game that comes out is fodder for OMG HIDDEN MESSAGES!?!!!!!! and [popular character]'s DARK SECRET!!! videos.

Game Theory is awesome though.  I am thoroughly convinced that Mario is a psychopath.  Matpat makes a very strong argument.   

Only unhappy about them is that they seem to have absorbed one of the other channels I like, Shoddycast.  It was nice when they both did similar topics and you could get more than one view of things.  Now they are one and the same and they'll never do the same topics again.   If Austin is even still doing theory videos.
Disclaimer: Not responsible for dwarven deaths from the use or misuse of this post.
I don't need friends!! I've got knives!!!

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #116059 on: January 01, 2017, 05:15:49 am »

Game Theory is awesome though.  I am thoroughly convinced that Mario is a psychopath.  Matpat makes a very strong argument.   

Only unhappy about them is that they seem to have absorbed one of the other channels I like, Shoddycast.  It was nice when they both did similar topics and you could get more than one view of things.  Now they are one and the same and they'll never do the same topics again.   If Austin is even still doing theory videos.

Yep a strong argument... if you ignore all evidence to the contrary :P

Their videos are aggravating for me because they clearly just throw whatever crud against the wall and hope it sticks... and it is really easy to just imagine topics...

"Is Mario World Hell?"
"Is Samus a man?"

I want to watch them and feel like there is even a glimmer of substance in them like some game theories were BEFORE that silly channel... but no... They are highschool debate club where they are given a random topic.

What is worse is that most of their arguments rely strongly on entirely misinterpreting the source material and its content... They are the Glenn Beck of game theories.
« Last Edit: January 01, 2017, 05:21:50 am by Neonivek »

Execute/Dumbo.exe

• Bay Watcher
  • Never Types So Much As Punches The Keyboard
    • View Profile
« Reply #116060 on: January 01, 2017, 06:29:23 am »

Eh, I'm fine with Game Theory, it's not that bad, I stopped watching simply because Matpat started using less and less science in favor of lore and background details, which isn't bad, precisely, just not my cup of tea.
Which is why I love Austin's stuff as a matter of fact, it's nice to see some nice complex calculations going on, or thorough investigations in good old 'who would win?' debates.
He knows how to fix River's tiredness.
Alan help.
IronyOwl   But Kyuubey can more or less be summed up as "You didn't ask."
15:52   IronyOwl   Whereas Dungbeetle is closer to "Fuck you."

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #116061 on: January 01, 2017, 06:31:20 am »

in good old 'who would win?' debates.

Goodness do I hate those... I'll sum up the problem with the major show right now

Captain America would beat Superman.

Execute/Dumbo.exe

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #116062 on: January 01, 2017, 06:51:54 am »

Goodness do I hate those... I'll sum up the problem with the major show right now

Well, in this case it's more like the New California Republic going up against the Legion in the canon of Fallout New Vegas, actually some pretty interesting stuff.
Alan help.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #116063 on: January 01, 2017, 06:54:41 am »

Well, in this case it's more like the New California Republic going up against the Legion in the canon of Fallout New Vegas, actually some pretty interesting stuff.

I'll assume Game Theory or whoever you are talking about does it a lot better then Death Battle.

Execute/Dumbo.exe

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #116064 on: January 01, 2017, 06:57:53 am »

I'll assume Game Theory or whoever you are talking about does it a lot better then Death Battle.
Where are my internet manners today, here you go!
Alan help.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #116065 on: January 01, 2017, 07:39:48 am »

Where are my internet manners today, here you go!

Great video I love it!

Ultimuh

• Bay Watcher
  • BOOM! Avatar gone! (for now)
    • View Profile
« Reply #116066 on: January 01, 2017, 07:42:33 am »

One of my sisters is going to be pissed all day because of what happened in a K Drama (Korean Drama) she just watched.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #116067 on: January 01, 2017, 09:08:03 am »

It's been a year since last year started.
Time doesn't feel like it means anything anymore.
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

itisnotlogical

• Bay Watcher
  • might be dat boi
    • View Profile
« Reply #116068 on: January 01, 2017, 10:28:38 am »

I looked in the mirror and realized "Holy shit that's what my face looks like" and had to get myself reacquainted with my face.

Thing is, it feels like I just did this maybe a month ago.
This game is Curtain Fire Shooting Game.
Girls do their best now and are preparing. Please watch warmly until it is ready.

BlackFlyme

• Bay Watcher
  • BlackFlyme cancels Work: Interrupted by bird.
    • View Profile
« Reply #116069 on: January 01, 2017, 02:24:09 pm »

Mom's ex being an ass. Screaming at my mom for no reason. Arguing because he's mad she went to a party that he dragged her to. She didn't want to go, and he's mad at her for saying hi to the people there. He also wants the Christmas gifts he gave us back. I don't think I have words vitriolic enough.

Also, the shampoo I got for Christmas burns my scalp.
Pages: 1 ... 7736 7737 [7738] 7739 7740 ... 11037