Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 7659 7660 [7661] 7662 7663 ... 11037

Author Topic: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O  (Read 14467086 times)

Mech#4

• Bay Watcher
  • (ಠ_ృ) Like a sir.
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O
« Reply #114900 on: December 05, 2016, 04:07:01 am »

I find dark chocolate is best with a hot drink. Helps melt it and spreads the taste more.
Kaypy:Adamantine in a poorly defended fortress is the royal equivalent of an unclaimed sock on a battlefield.

Here's a thread listing Let's Players found on the internet. Feel free to add.
List of Notable Mods. Feel free to add.

Dozebôm Lolumzalìs

• Bay Watcher
  • what even is truth
    • View Profile
    • test
« Reply #114901 on: December 05, 2016, 08:34:05 am »

Quote from: WTF CONSERVAPEDIA
Do you think that is impossible for the power of 2 in Newtonian gravity, whereby the gravitational force is proportional to 1/r2, to be more precise with an exponent that is slightly different from 2, such as a gravitational force proportional to 1/r2.00000001?
1. Newtonian gravity doesn't even describe reality correctly
2. Therefore, Newtonian gravity cannot be "corrected" by observation
3. Newtonian gravity currently states that G=Mm/r2
4. Therefore, Newtonian gravity by definition has an exponent of 2
Quote from: King James Programming
...Simplification leaves us with the black extra-cosmic gulfs it throws open before our frenzied eyes...
Quote from: Salvané Descocrates
The only difference between me and a fool is that I know that I know only that I think, therefore I am.
Sigtext!

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #114902 on: December 05, 2016, 09:05:48 am »

https://theflatearthsociety.org/

Ayy lmao look what happened to them. It's trolls all the way down.

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

Lord Shonus

• Bay Watcher
  • Angle of Death
    • View Profile
« Reply #114903 on: December 05, 2016, 09:08:23 am »

I don't know what person decided that microwaves should keep beeping every minute after the food's done, but that person should be fired. From a cannon.
On Giant In the Playground and Something Awful I am Gnoman.
Man, ninja'd by a potentially inebriated Lord Shonus. I was gonna say to burn it.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #114904 on: December 05, 2016, 09:16:29 am »

I don't know what person decided that microwaves should keep beeping every minute after the food's done, but that person should be fired. From a cannon.
Into a person-sized microwave.   
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

overseer05-15

• Bay Watcher
  • Personal Text
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you go "WTF?" today O_o
« Reply #114905 on: December 05, 2016, 09:34:39 am »

School's Cadd lab is running pirated Windows.

Or something. Counterfeit means pirated, right? It's a wtf either way.
adult food like, I presume, steak and potatoes and tax forms,

My game giveaway

Iceblaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Now with 50% less in-jokes!
    • View Profile
« Reply #114906 on: December 05, 2016, 09:42:23 am »

Church yesterday was kinda meh. mainly normal until pastor started talking politics because apparently it's important for a church service to not go one week without politics.

Main highlights include: Trans people are scary and not harmless to the general public
Trump will work to repeal the supreme court stuff and executive orders and shit
he firmly believes that eventually the people who are 'so progressive that they will start talking about putting people like us into reeducation camps to cleanse our minds' and shit. like fuck. i assumed he wasn't that conspiracy ridden. like shit. it's stuff like this that makes me wish i was confident enough to bring it up. like, yeesh. yes, we should make camps that will cost a shitton of money to run and stuff that will brainwash people into believing something. i can't see anything going wrong with our government being how it is. i mean, shit. we barely get support for healthcare reform, why would getting support for literal internment camps be any more popular.

but the world's going to hell, i suppose, so sure. christians are opressed.

overseer05-15

• Bay Watcher
  • Personal Text
    • View Profile
« Reply #114907 on: December 05, 2016, 09:47:35 am »

Church yesterday was kinda meh. mainly normal until pastor started talking politics because apparently it's important for a church service to not go one week without politics.

Main highlights include: Trans people are scary and not harmless to the general public
Trump will work to repeal the supreme court stuff and executive orders and shit
he firmly believes that eventually the people who are 'so progressive that they will start talking about putting people like us into reeducation camps to cleanse our minds' and shit. like fuck. i assumed he wasn't that conspiracy ridden. like shit. it's stuff like this that makes me wish i was confident enough to bring it up. like, yeesh. yes, we should make camps that will cost a shitton of money to run and stuff that will brainwash people into believing something. i can't see anything going wrong with our government being how it is. i mean, shit. we barely get support for healthcare reform, why would getting support for literal internment camps be any more popular.

but the world's going to hell, i suppose, so sure. christians are opressed.

If this happened at my church there'd probably be rioting.
adult food like, I presume, steak and potatoes and tax forms,

My game giveaway

Iceblaster

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #114908 on: December 05, 2016, 09:48:44 am »

Yeaaaah. Southern Methodist churchgoer here. Smallest denomination I've seen according to Wikipedia's statistics :P

EDIT: Will add that I'm kinda apathetic about most things religion wise. So none of this is coming from hate. Just disbelief at views I thought my pastor didn't have.
« Last Edit: December 05, 2016, 09:54:57 am by Iceblaster »

Arx

• Bay Watcher
  • Iron within, iron without.
    • View Profile
    • Art!
« Reply #114909 on: December 05, 2016, 10:10:48 am »

Methodist? For shame. Wesley must be rolling in his grave.

I am on Discord as Arx#2415.
Hail to the mind of man! / Fire in the sky
I've been waiting for you / On this day we die.

Iceblaster

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #114910 on: December 05, 2016, 10:13:41 am »

No, I mean Southern Methodist.

In summary, it's a split off of a split off. From what I understand. Church denominations confuse me half the time, so I may be wrong :P

FearfulJesuit

• Bay Watcher
  • True neoliberalism has never been tried
    • View Profile

@Footjob, you can microwave most grains I've tried pretty easily through the microwave, even if they aren't packaged for it.

Lord Shonus

• Bay Watcher
  • Angle of Death
    • View Profile
« Reply #114912 on: December 05, 2016, 10:35:26 am »

It means that the system hasn't passed the validation check. Schools (and other organization) usually buy in large bulk and don't worry about activating Windows properly. Often, the activation program can't get through the firewall and/or the cybernanny software.
On Giant In the Playground and Something Awful I am Gnoman.
Man, ninja'd by a potentially inebriated Lord Shonus. I was gonna say to burn it.

Greiger

• Bay Watcher
  • Reptilian Illuminati member. Keep it secret.
    • View Profile
« Reply #114913 on: December 05, 2016, 10:51:40 am »

It means that the system hasn't passed the validation check. Schools (and other organization) usually buy in large bulk and don't worry about activating Windows properly. Often, the activation program can't get through the firewall and/or the cybernanny software.
Yea a small computer company I worked for did some contract work for some kind of beauty school where we replaced about a dozen computers and gave them all windows 7.  My boss (who was clearly on some kind of drug more often than not) claimed he would do the windows validation when he did the last pass over everything, since he didn't want to give us techs the codes.

Something like a month later we got a call from them saying that we cheated them by selling them fake software, because 'you may be a victim of software piracy' or something to that effect came up.  According to my coworker who went to put out that fire, the school's in house tech had rigged up everything to not be able to see outside the school, and he didn't understand why it could not contact microsoft to finish validation.
Disclaimer: Not responsible for dwarven deaths from the use or misuse of this post.
I don't need friends!! I've got knives!!!

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #114914 on: December 05, 2016, 11:14:30 am »

I find dark chocolate is best with a hot drink. Helps melt it and spreads the taste more.
Just not green tea. For the love of the nonexistent culinary gods, keep chocolate away from green tea. It's not the worst tasting thing I've ever drank but it came pretty close ;_;
No, I mean Southern Methodist.

In summary, it's a split off of a split off. From what I understand. Church denominations confuse me half the time, so I may be wrong :P
Hell, it may be irrelevant even if you're right. Protestant churches, particularly if they're stateside, can only loosely be relied upon to be anything particularly close to whatever denomination they're claiming that day. Usually at best you'll see a degree of regional coherency, but often enough things can be radically different between individual congregations even if they're claiming the same denomination. and that's not even getting into the churches that fracture over social conflict of one sort or another, which can lead to two churches that have the same stated beliefs but practice them differently or have very substantial differences in which set of mores is emphasized or not, and on, and on, and on protestant churches ain't like mcdonalds, never mind the other side of the country you be getting a different hamburger if you walk down the street
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.
Pages: 1 ... 7659 7660 [7661] 7662 7663 ... 11037