Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 7650 7651 [7652] 7653 7654 ... 11037

Author Topic: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O  (Read 14489251 times)

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O
« Reply #114765 on: December 02, 2016, 07:51:34 pm »

I actually didnt know steam permitted any explicit or "nsfw" content in the first place.
And in that route, I am entirely surprised that a game calle "genital jousting" would have been available in the first place
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #114766 on: December 02, 2016, 08:58:41 pm »

It seems to have been removed from Steam. I missed out. :'(

It's still there for me. Check for possible filter options. Steam->Settings->Family, perhaps.

I actually didnt know steam permitted any explicit or "nsfw" content in the first place.
It might be a fairly recent trend, but there's a significant number of adult games on Steam now.
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

Rose

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Elf
    • View Profile
« Reply #114767 on: December 02, 2016, 09:59:35 pm »

Well, they did make a policy recently that any NSFW games need at least 4 sfw screenshots that are marked as such.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #114768 on: December 02, 2016, 10:15:48 pm »

Swedish People's Party of Finland

Like... why do the Swedes need their own party? They love next door.

For serious though, is there a significant number of them?
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

Dozebôm Lolumzalìs

• Bay Watcher
  • what even is truth
    • View Profile
    • test
« Reply #114769 on: December 02, 2016, 10:30:28 pm »

They love next door.
How noisy are they?
Quote from: King James Programming
...Simplification leaves us with the black extra-cosmic gulfs it throws open before our frenzied eyes...
Quote from: Salvané Descocrates
The only difference between me and a fool is that I know that I know only that I think, therefore I am.
Sigtext!

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #114770 on: December 02, 2016, 10:33:21 pm »

Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #114771 on: December 02, 2016, 11:03:03 pm »

My current WTF is, WhyTF do we not have a Rage thread when I need one?

The goddamn useless public transport here...
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #114772 on: December 02, 2016, 11:06:12 pm »

My current WTF is, WhyTF do we not have a Rage thread when I need one?

The goddamn useless public transport here...
Possibly to improve on the thoughts when you want to rage. :P
Because it doesn't exist because it's a place to dump those thoughts...but without direct improvement. People do need to vent, and get heard, but not in that kind of discourse. :-\

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #114773 on: December 02, 2016, 11:06:41 pm »

We USED to have a rage thread, but it collapsed into itself under all of it's rage.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #114774 on: December 02, 2016, 11:15:18 pm »

Dude, I know we used to have a Rage thread.
I loved that thread. P. much the most important thread on the forum.
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Silverthrone

• Bay Watcher
  • Mad Old Geat
    • View Profile
« Reply #114775 on: December 02, 2016, 11:36:17 pm »

Swedish People's Party of Finland

Like... why do the Swedes need their own party? They love next door.

For serious though, is there a significant number of them?
I think those might be Fenno-Swedes.

While it might seem odd at a glance, there is a rather significant Swedish-speaking minority in Finland. It is less odd when you consider that Sweden and Finland were, in many ways, the same entity some two hundred years ago, and still have a lot of culture in common. It is similar to the close history of Denmark-Norway. They are mostly concentrated along the coast and the Helsinki area.

Most Finn-Finns, as it were, are (as far as I know) not particularly negative towards that minority, or what it represents. It's there, and has been there since more or less forever. However, I believe there are political groups in Finland that would rather it was, on the whole, more purely Finnish. That is, no more dual language signs, no Swedish language classes in majority Finnish schools, and other things that could be described as concessions for a minority. Whether they are right or not (another discussion entirely), it is not any wonder that there are counter-parties working to maintain that minority's interests.

This is Silverthorne, Bay12 News Nordbörk correspondent, returning to my vodka. Back to the studio!

Draignean

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably browsing tasteful erotic dolphin photos
    • View Profile
« Reply #114776 on: December 02, 2016, 11:43:22 pm »

That moment when you discover the 21 column, 42 row perk table you made for a game you were going to run ages ago.

Even if it's not completely filled in, it's a terrifying discovery.
I have a degree in Computer Seance, that means I'm officially qualified to tell you that the problem with your system is that it's possessed by Satan.
---
Q: "Do you have any idea what you're doing?"
A: "No, not particularly."

tonnot98

• Bay Watcher
  • Damp stone located.
    • View Profile
« Reply #114777 on: December 03, 2016, 12:09:51 am »

21 column, 42 row perk table
holy hell
Not sure if dying of old age is an honor or a shame for weaponmasters. On the one hand, it means they never got the opportunity to die in glorious battle. On the other hand, it means nothing could beat them in glorious battle.
Meow.

Draignean

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably browsing tasteful erotic dolphin photos
    • View Profile
« Reply #114778 on: December 03, 2016, 12:52:45 am »

It's not filled in completely, and I can't find the text document that tells me what all the entries. It's from a prototype I was building when FEF was becoming popular and I looked at their rock-paper-scissors combat system and thought 'you know what would make this better? Seven elements instead of three!'. So the table has seven elements, each one of those elements has sections for perks, faults, and traits, and then there's a divider to separate major and minor from the above categories.

It had some fun characters, I actually remember Alice. She had a major Sin fault that caused her to get a Sin based minor debuff every time she took damage, a Major Chaos trait that made it so that the type of debuff was no longer correlated to the source, a Major Madness perk that made her get increased madness power and defense for each debuff she had, a minor Fire fault that made her take scratch damage even when she dodged or blocked, and a minor Madness perk that let her have a chance to copy one debuff at random from herself to an enemy when she hit.

It made for fun builds and interactions, but you kind of had to have an exhaustive knowledge of the perks/traits/faults to make it worthwhile, and I gave it up when I realized no one would ever play it, and no one could ever DM it.
I have a degree in Computer Seance, that means I'm officially qualified to tell you that the problem with your system is that it's possessed by Satan.
---
Q: "Do you have any idea what you're doing?"
A: "No, not particularly."

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #114779 on: December 03, 2016, 02:19:28 am »

I think the worst thing to happen to JRPGs is when they became Anime.

Or more specifically when they went from trying to have their own identity, often borrowing from anime.

Into trying to be playable animes, sometimes borrowing from RPGs.

Sure the Tales series pulls this off well most of the time... And FF5 (or 4.. or 3? Dang numbering system) blended the two excellently.

So heroes no longer could be like... The heroes of the story... They had to be HIP! and instead of an entourage of many different kinds of people... how about they all be young teens or at most someone in their 20s?
« Last Edit: December 03, 2016, 02:21:11 am by Neonivek »
Pages: 1 ... 7650 7651 [7652] 7653 7654 ... 11037