Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 7555 7556 [7557] 7558 7559 ... 11037

Author Topic: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O  (Read 14491758 times)

itisnotlogical

• Bay Watcher
  • might be dat boi
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O
« Reply #113340 on: November 13, 2016, 12:13:08 am »

I do self-checkout because it means I don't have to make awkward conversation when I have a small amount of goods. And not only are the cashiers here slow, they'll put all the cans and heavy shit in one bag that ends up ripping, milk on top of bread, raw meat with other food, etc.
This game is Curtain Fire Shooting Game.
Girls do their best now and are preparing. Please watch warmly until it is ready.

Shadowlord

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #113341 on: November 13, 2016, 12:14:01 am »

Presumably they are not paid enough to switch on their brains.
<Dakkan> There are human laws, and then there are laws of physics. I don't bike in the city because of the second.
Dwarf Fortress Map Archive

itisnotlogical

• Bay Watcher
  • might be dat boi
    • View Profile
« Reply #113342 on: November 13, 2016, 12:14:59 am »

Well, yeah. I didn't give a shit when I was a cashier either. It's different when it's my stuff though, which is (one of many reasons) why I was an awful cashier.
Girls do their best now and are preparing. Please watch warmly until it is ready.

Silverthrone

• Bay Watcher
  • Mad Old Geat
    • View Profile
« Reply #113343 on: November 13, 2016, 12:32:04 am »

I don't like self-checkout machines. Not the ones I've tried, at least. It's slow, laggy and the machine sounds awfully smug. Plus, it's fifty-fifty if the damned things accept cash these days. The normal tills almost always do. And they still have to have someone hover around you, looking over your shoulder, while the machine goes "HANG THE BAG IN THE HOLDER TO YOUR RIGHT!!", which you did quite some time ago.
Of course, there's a lot less drawbacks, comparatively. The cashiers here don't pack your bags, they send it along the belt and leave it to you. Which is better, because I'd rather take my chances and pack it myself. It's really odd, to me, that idea of the cashier packing your bag. Why? I'm a lot more particular about getting my eggs back home than they are.

They aren't very chatty, beyond politeness, which I like. It's a managable amount of chit-chat. It's hopeless to buy tobacco in the supermarket, though. They're always either out, or there's only toothpaste flavoured cigs left. Or they've got this odd thing that they sell you a bit of paper with a barcode, that you pop into a special vending machine outside. That's where all the naughty things live, like cigarettes, condoms, snus, pregnancy tests... It's like they were too wild and disorderly to keep near the till, so they got locked up in a special box.

Emma

• Bay Watcher
  • Romace plots aren't actually that bad
    • View Profile
« Reply #113344 on: November 13, 2016, 02:04:43 am »

That's where all the naughty things live, like cigarettes, condoms, snus, pregnancy tests... It's like they were too wild and disorderly to keep near the till, so they got locked up in a special box.
Okay, I can understand putting cigarettes in a special, locked box but why condoms and pregnancy tests? Is it to stop teenagers from getting to them or make it harder for teenagers to get them or something?

Innsmothe

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #113345 on: November 13, 2016, 02:19:44 am »

People are literally putting the blame for the riots and the victims of the riots, either the property holders or the 'trump voters' the people find, not on the rioters...but on Trump?
What they going to do next, blame the napalm girl for her own fate for being in a warring state?
"That which does not kill me, can only make me stranger." -Dana, Creator of Ozzy & Millie.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #113346 on: November 13, 2016, 02:21:51 am »

People are literally putting the blame for the riots and the victims of the riots, either the property holders or the 'trump voters' the people find, not on the rioters...but on Trump?
What they going to do next, blame the napalm girl for her own fate for being in a warring state?

In all fairness at least one situation was exactly that...

Lets just say not ALL trump voters take kindly to these protests.

---

Though I've definitely read fiction that would outright say it is Trump's fault

That it is his failing as a leader. If he was an effective leader then people wouldn't feel the need to protest.

In fact this story was actually rather neat in that it is one of the few times where the "Protagonists cheat" and the villain actually goes "No Fair!" but the explanation wasn't that they are the protagonist...

The explanation was that the only reason the heroes were able to cause his people to riot... Was because he wasn't doing his job as Monarch. If he did his job their plan wouldn't have worked.

And I appreciate it because fiction is over-rife with heroes cheating and it is ok... But a villain does something even slightly different from the norm and he is Satanically Super Cheating!
« Last Edit: November 13, 2016, 02:34:16 am by Neonivek »

Innsmothe

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #113347 on: November 13, 2016, 03:37:17 am »

He is not President yet, so technically, you are blaming Obama for not being able to stop the riots.  :-\
"That which does not kill me, can only make me stranger." -Dana, Creator of Ozzy & Millie.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #113348 on: November 13, 2016, 03:38:11 am »

thanks obama

itisnotlogical

• Bay Watcher
  • might be dat boi
    • View Profile
« Reply #113349 on: November 13, 2016, 03:42:55 am »

Dammit, we're going to have to stop saying that soon, aren't we. :(

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #113350 on: November 13, 2016, 03:47:42 am »

No way, it'll only get funnier once he's well and truly no longer president.
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #113351 on: November 13, 2016, 04:17:33 am »

Nah, we're immediately replacing it with screaming obscenities at Donald Trump. Obama's only going to resurface when he launches his kickstarter for an indie dev pixel roguelike game with crafting elements. About going from a White Castle manager to the President's office so you can fulfill your secret desire to nuke the world.
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

Lord Shonus

• Bay Watcher
  • Angle of Death
    • View Profile
« Reply #113352 on: November 13, 2016, 05:07:09 am »

That's where all the naughty things live, like cigarettes, condoms, snus, pregnancy tests... It's like they were too wild and disorderly to keep near the till, so they got locked up in a special box.
Okay, I can understand putting cigarettes in a special, locked box but why condoms and pregnancy tests? Is it to stop teenagers from getting to them or make it harder for teenagers to get them or something?
They are easy to conceal, embarrassing to buy, and bring.enough on the shadow market to be worth reselling. Stuff.like that is a prime target.For theft.
On Giant In the Playground and Something Awful I am Gnoman.
Man, ninja'd by a potentially inebriated Lord Shonus. I was gonna say to burn it.

martinuzz

• Bay Watcher
  • High dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #113353 on: November 13, 2016, 05:11:32 am »

They are easy to conceal, embarrassing to buy, and bring.enough on the shadow market to be worth reselling. Stuff.like that is a prime target.For theft.
I never understood why condoms would be embarrassing to buy. Women can buy the pill without anyone even noticing.
I always go to my pharmacy, and yell when entering the door "Hey sis, can you grab me some more of those XXL rubbers?"
Friendly and polite reminder for optimists: Hope is a finite resource

We can ­disagree and still love each other, ­unless your disagreement is rooted in my oppression and denial of my humanity and right to exist - James Baldwin

http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=73719.msg1830479#msg1830479

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #113354 on: November 13, 2016, 05:18:54 am »

Well, there's not really a non-sexual use for condoms, and it can convey a certain declaration of "I believe I'm going to get laid in the immediate future" which some people probably get nervous about due to the boldness of it. The stereotype of walking into a store and only buying a package of large condoms, and all that.

And in the US, women can't just buy the pill. Prescription only. That's been breaking down recently, but as far as I know the standard mostly still holds.
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.
Pages: 1 ... 7555 7556 [7557] 7558 7559 ... 11037