Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 7502 7503 [7504] 7505 7506 ... 11037

Author Topic: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O  (Read 14478093 times)

Kot

• Bay Watcher
  • 2 Patriotic 4 U
    • View Profile
    • Tiny Pixel Soldiers
Re: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O
« Reply #112545 on: November 03, 2016, 04:09:33 pm »

Kot finishes his morning routine in the same way he always does, by burning a scale replica of Saint Basil's Cathedral on the windowsill.

Tack

• Bay Watcher
  • Giving nothing to a community who gave me so much.
    • View Profile
« Reply #112546 on: November 03, 2016, 04:24:22 pm »

Probably because it never took off.
Sentience, Endurance, and Thumbs: The Trifector of a Superpredator.
Yeah, he's a banned spammer. Normally we'd delete this thread too, but people were having too much fun with it by the time we got here.

overseer05-15

• Bay Watcher
  • Personal Text
    • View Profile
« Reply #112547 on: November 03, 2016, 05:54:56 pm »

Putin issued a personal decree that made Steven Seagall an official Russian citizen. [Because h]e (Stephen Seagull) revoked his US nationality.

It is so difficult to understand the nationality of waterfowl.
adult food like, I presume, steak and potatoes and tax forms,

My game giveaway

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #112548 on: November 03, 2016, 06:08:21 pm »

Especially those fucking geese. One day they want to be Canadian, next day they're going all patriotic attack on libruls in 'Murrica.
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

Zangi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #112549 on: November 03, 2016, 06:54:12 pm »

Can't have nice things when you start arguing over stupid things in a game.
All life begins with Nu and ends with Nu...  This is the truth! This is my belief! ... At least for now...
FMA/FMA:B Recommendation

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile
« Reply #112550 on: November 03, 2016, 06:54:24 pm »

the way I heard it the designer was regarded as a loose cannon who flew in the face of common sense.   When it became obvious to the project managers that he was flying blind, they went into a flat spin and tried to wing it by hiring independent contractors, who never seemed to get the project off the ground.   The manufacturer's stocks took a nosedive, and the execs decided to bail out and invoke their golden parachute clauses. By the time the smoke cleared it was such an obvious bust that their successors decided to shoot down the idea and let the whole plan fly
Everyone sucks at everything. Until they don't. Not sucking is a product of time invested.

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #112551 on: November 03, 2016, 07:10:44 pm »

On a less punny note, seems like that wouldn't exactly be a stable firing platform after the first shot, and a total pain in the ass to aim. Also markedly reduced range compared to ground-based artillery. For direct-fire, the AC-130 gunship makes far more sense, since firing the guns doesn't fuck with your stability and the weapons are a much lower proportion of the total mass of the vehicle (plus far more room for ammunition storage, loading mechanisms, &c.).

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #112552 on: November 03, 2016, 07:29:46 pm »

Or, if they really want those 'splosions, they could just use a bomber instead.

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting

Lord Shonus

• Bay Watcher
  • Angle of Death
    • View Profile
« Reply #112553 on: November 03, 2016, 07:31:43 pm »

Flying artillery has a lot of advantages over a bomber, primarily for putting sustained fire on a fairly small area target.  The trick is to use something that works -like an AC-130- instead of a Frankenchopper that looks like a Games Workshop reject.
On Giant In the Playground and Something Awful I am Gnoman.
Man, ninja'd by a potentially inebriated Lord Shonus. I was gonna say to burn it.

Itnetlolor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID
« Reply #112554 on: November 03, 2016, 07:39:54 pm »

This is pretty amazing, actually; but WTF?!

I'm quite familiar with that track, thanks to playing plenty of Gran Turismo. So I know it takes nearly 8-10 minutes to go around that track, and that's if you're good; moreso (shorter time, that is) if you also have a good car too. Needless to say, I'm thoroughly impressed.

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #112555 on: November 03, 2016, 08:11:18 pm »

Well dang.  I was going to share the Dahir Insaat quadcopter with massive cannons, but retsupurae's riff on it got taken down due to copyright.  What a bunch of scammers :/
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #112556 on: November 03, 2016, 08:13:49 pm »

Mmm mmm

So my biggest fear with Steam (That they will eventually shut down and go "Sucks to be you, we are taking back all your games")

Has apparently happened!... With Origin.

It kind of says something when your ENTIRE Origin library exists only as long as EA decides to support Origin... AND decides to support you...

---

Also I am kind of sickened by this attempt by game developers to "Obsolete" their games and then resell them to you later with fixed versions.
« Last Edit: November 03, 2016, 08:21:17 pm by Neonivek »

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #112557 on: November 03, 2016, 08:27:54 pm »

I mean, with Steam you could at least set it to offline mode and just never let it connect again. As long as you've got your shit downloaded (and don't play MP on steam servers) you're mostly fine for games that aren't EA shit that needs constant updates (and I imagine plenty of those would sort shit out with their customer base).

Not that Steam's likely to in the foreseeable future. They've got a stranglehold on one of the most important channels for PC gaming. Pretty much everything that isn't really small-team indie stuff or on a dev/publisher-specific launcher is on Steam. Plenty of PC games don't even get physical runs any more.

3. Run Resize Enable

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #112558 on: November 03, 2016, 08:33:13 pm »

Steam works for a while but what I eventually step into is Steam will eventually REFUSE to sign on even in offline mode... If I don't sign on after a while.

So it has its own form of DRM at least for me.

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #112559 on: November 03, 2016, 08:54:50 pm »

Also, if that happened, I would bet quite a lot that someone would come up with a way to crack Steam DRM on stuff already downloaded to your local drive. Undownloaded games and cloud saves would likely be fucked though.

3. Run Resize Enable
Pages: 1 ... 7502 7503 [7504] 7505 7506 ... 11037