Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 7475 7476 [7477] 7478 7479 ... 11037

Author Topic: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O  (Read 14488446 times)

Dozebôm Lolumzalěs

• Bay Watcher
  • what even is truth
    • View Profile
    • test
Re: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O
« Reply #112140 on: October 28, 2016, 08:41:35 pm »

Oh, that's the word. Aisle. yeah, that was it.

Not only is it stupid, it's utterly irrelevant if there aren't any disabled people in the class.

GUYS I NINJAED YOU ALL AND THEN YOU NINJAED ME
Quote from: King James Programming
...Simplification leaves us with the black extra-cosmic gulfs it throws open before our frenzied eyes...
Quote from: Salvané Descocrates
The only difference between me and a fool is that I know that I know only that I think, therefore I am.
Sigtext!

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #112141 on: October 28, 2016, 08:43:15 pm »

I'm sure you have at least one person you know who's a dumbass that doesn't pay attention to where they're going and would trip over and smash their face off desk then massive lawsuit from parents because obviously it was the school's fault.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

Silverthrone

• Bay Watcher
  • Mad Old Geat
    • View Profile
« Reply #112142 on: October 28, 2016, 08:48:04 pm »

That's a silly, silly school. Some shove-your-backpacks-out-of-the-way drilling shouldn't be impossible. I mean, are they worried people will do it on purpose? Build a big barricade of backpacks and giggle "get through that, Wheels McGee" under their breath?

Edit: even then, talking to the nonchalant backpacker bullies would do, wouldn't it? Maybe directly confronting bad behaviour is stiffling to development (and thus absolutely fabulous lawsuit material) these days.
« Last Edit: October 28, 2016, 08:50:17 pm by Silverthrone »

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #112143 on: October 28, 2016, 08:52:57 pm »

I think we always hung ours off the back of the chairs.
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #112144 on: October 28, 2016, 08:56:51 pm »

More like foreign language soap opera/daytime drama. Which is, uh. Probably worse, by whatever measure you care to use.
NOTHING IS WORSE THAN ANIME.
...Well, apart from reality talent shows, maybe. >.>

I'm stuck in an awful, horrible, nasty redneck town today because my mother decided we should go for a drive. Ugh, why.
Yoink, unless you or your friends were insulted or attacked by "rednecks" previously, you are being bigoted. While small towns can be boring shitholes, they are filled with members of the human race.
Bigoted against horrible angry bogans who would happily punch my pretty face out of my long-haired skull given half a chance?
...I'm okay with that. People up there make the locals here (in a town which is bad enough itself) look positively kind and lovable by comparison. :P
Fortunately I made it out alive. Going up North feels like starring in some Australian remake of The Hills Have Eyes, except here the hicks don't have the whole "radiation exposure" excuse for being creepy monsters.
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #112145 on: October 28, 2016, 09:08:45 pm »

Just being descended from criminals?

Damn right I went there.

/racistasfaaaaaack

sorry
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

Silverthrone

• Bay Watcher
  • Mad Old Geat
    • View Profile
« Reply #112146 on: October 28, 2016, 09:09:06 pm »

I grew up on the countryside for the first part of my life (although not nearly as countryside as really rural Australia, of course), and I can sort of confirm that. Most people out in the country are fine, don't stick an oar in their business, and there's nothing to worry about. Then there are the sort of people who gets fights going because it's something to do. They do exist. Some people really do live up to the stereotype of an ignorant, intolerant ogre. It's just that they're pretty few.

Of course, Ogre density varies, and rural Australia is rural Australia.

Edmus

• Bay Watcher
  • Powerful toasting since 1893!
    • View Profile
« Reply #112147 on: October 28, 2016, 10:10:18 pm »

No, not radiation but economics.
It's the fault of a shifting economy outside the town's control.
It's not that country bumpkins are inbred hicks.
Have you been up through Gloucester? That place is beautiful. Thanks to mining.
You been through Glen Innes, or Emmaville? They're in shambles. Farming is the primary industry but all sales bypass the town now. There's nothing for them.

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
  • Too old and stubborn to get a new avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #112148 on: October 28, 2016, 10:20:27 pm »

you know.

its not exactly the fault of the people themselves, however we are all ultimately responsible for our actions.
  it never has sat too well with me; the idea that there is no responsibility/accountability for one's actions.

We live in a siciety that places foremost individualism and free will, but then claim that there is no responsibility to be had?  that their actions ought not be taken to task?

but, these are no criminals by default.  their actions and lifestyl, however, is their own and as long as you belueve they are freeminded people with the competence, autonomy, and intelligence to make their own chouces than not ascribing them their choices is an insul.

...  put more succinctly, it is what it is.  we make our choices and live our lives and its not always fair or ideal, but that doesnt make the situation different.  some people are less fit to compete in merit based events, and others dont have that head start.

compassion does not mean bending the process and corrupting the system to accomedatw the 'coulda beens'.  its understanding why it wasn't to improve the process
« Last Edit: October 28, 2016, 10:22:28 pm by pisskop »
Pisskop's Reblancing Mod - A C:DDA Mod to make life a little (lot) more brutal!
drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
PKs DF Mod!

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #112149 on: October 28, 2016, 10:29:49 pm »

you know.

its not exactly the fault of the people themselves, however we are all ultimately responsible for our actions.
  it never has sat too well with me; the idea that there is no responsibility/accountability for one's actions.

We live in a siciety that places foremost individualism and free will, but then claim that there is no responsibility to be had?  that their actions ought not be taken to task?
That society seems more localized than internationally :P But that's the ideas of the international society, yep--however the idea being described is more cognitive than societally based (DIFFERENTIATION OF PEOPLES D:), because massing or lumping people together is more a cognitive mechanism; impressions, stereotypes (early categorization of concepts to form an idea), and continued ideas (very important as this depends on exposure, essentially, first-hand experiences and also 'what's in mind') contribute to it :O

But sometimes people say these things about others because its what seems to be how it is. I've always found it weird how, when at times some people describe the places they're in, there's the shorthand for the people living there by a single very vague term, usually only going as far as the impression of that term itself. o_O

BorkBorkGoesTheCode

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #112150 on: October 29, 2016, 12:14:31 am »

More like foreign language soap opera/daytime drama. Which is, uh. Probably worse, by whatever measure you care to use.

I'm stuck in an awful, horrible, nasty redneck town today because my mother decided we should go for a drive. Ugh, why.
Yoink, unless you or your friends were insulted or attacked by "rednecks" previously, you are being bigoted. While small towns can be boring shitholes, they are filled with members of the human race.
Bigoted against horrible angry bogans who would happily punch my pretty face out of my long-haired skull given half a chance?
...I'm okay with that. People up there make the locals here (in a town which is bad enough itself) look positively kind and lovable by comparison. :P
Fortunately I made it out alive. Going up North feels like starring in some Australian remake of The Hills Have Eyes, except here the hicks don't have the whole "radiation exposure" excuse for being creepy monsters.

Not a rhetorical question: What have the people of that town done to you?
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Treachery_of_Images

Believe nothing you hear. Or everything. Have fun. Love when?

I frequently use PMs to contact people if I think they would miss a post in the deluge.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #112151 on: October 29, 2016, 12:18:05 am »

You mean English soap opera/daytime drama? :P

Quickedit: I read that wrong XD Tired Tiruin is extremely tired with her reading comprehension. It was as "Nothing is worse than foreign language soap opera/daytime drama", which had me wondering "Whaaa? What language is this?!"

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #112152 on: October 29, 2016, 12:31:27 am »

I mean. By dint of it being daytime drama/soap opera, that'd still arguably not be wrong. The exact language is irrelevant, though. Just that you've ended up so desperate you're resorting to subbed/dubbed soaps from a language you don't understand. As mentioned, at that point the barrel has been reduced to monatomic glitter and you're showing up on nearby seismographs.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #112153 on: October 29, 2016, 12:42:23 am »

Not a rhetorical question: What have the people of that town done to you?

Is there any particular reason you are getting offended on their behalf?

Edmus

• Bay Watcher
  • Powerful toasting since 1893!
    • View Profile
« Reply #112154 on: October 29, 2016, 12:48:35 am »

I can't speak for BorkBork, but I'm just plain offended on my own behalf. Small country town's a part of my identity.  :P
Pages: 1 ... 7475 7476 [7477] 7478 7479 ... 11037