Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 7465 7466 [7467] 7468 7469 ... 11037

Author Topic: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O  (Read 14485816 times)

Solifuge

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O
« Reply #111990 on: October 27, 2016, 06:31:30 pm »

...fuck, that's going to end in quotes thread, isin't it?

You'd like that, wouldn't you, ya furry.

We had an DLC (albeit non-canon and relased as a modification to showcase the Workshop) with Space Core from Portal. Everything is possible.KHAJIT SNEEK SNEEK

I would like to establish that I am in no way a furry. Except that I like cats and the ridiculousness of the Khaijit. I don't identify as catkin and neither I want to have steamy sex with a pride of lions.

I'm a very minor offender by internet expectations (and not particularly in to identifying at all), but I know what I like. Khajiit are amazing, that they're also pretty is just a bonus.

To be fair, most of the furries I've ever met identify with animals in a sort of totemic sense, but don't so much see themselves as animals. Nor do most of them want to boink anyone while in mascot costumes. The logistics seem way too complicated for that to be any fun.

That said, I think the Critter Races are pretty too, though I definitely preferred Morrowind's boob-free Argonians. Because no.

Silverthrone

• Bay Watcher
  • Mad Old Geat
    • View Profile
« Reply #111991 on: October 27, 2016, 06:31:57 pm »

Preserved for posterity. So much for hussar pride.
WINGED CAT HUSSARS.

SEXY WINGED CAT HUSSARS. Versus sexy wolf Hakkapeliitta. That'd be a good match.

(Of course, this is a scenario assuming that neither winged hussars nor hakkapeliitta aren't at peak performance in that area already)

Oh hell no, there's no such thing as colonizing Akavir. For one thing, it's already inhabited and the inhabitants are quite a bit more powerful than anything in Tamriel.

That reminds me, the one big thing I don't want in any Elder Scrolls games is for them to be tainted and inhabited by Fallout 4's bullshit boring construction system or fucking "radiant quests".

No. God no.

Or microtransactions, but that goes without saying.

I had Hearthfire more in mind, I think that was a decent balance. Heavens, I do not want to gather old cups and bottles wherever I go in ES either, that's for sure... Still don't know what's so amazing about radiant quests that they were worth bragging about.

Solifuge

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #111992 on: October 27, 2016, 06:37:00 pm »

I mean, TES has been trying to do Stronghold Building for a while. I can totally see the appeal of being a Mayor in a town, or even building your own Inn or Pirate Fort or whatever. I'd love an RPG with a rich setting that let me be an adventurer / craftsperson / shopkeeper, Recettear style.

Fuck, I really need to work on this game.

Calidovi

• Bay Watcher
  • agnus dei
    • View Profile
« Reply #111993 on: October 27, 2016, 06:37:20 pm »

i would like to personally ask the argonian model designer what he was thinking when he decided that the disease resistant alligator assassin people needed some more sex appeal

Kot

• Bay Watcher
  • 2 Patriotic 4 U
    • View Profile
    • Tiny Pixel Soldiers
« Reply #111994 on: October 27, 2016, 06:37:55 pm »

That said, I think the Critter Races are pretty too, though I definitely preferred Morrowind's boob-free Argonians. Because no.
Argonians in Morrowind didin't have tatas per se, but they still had... female curves, so to say.

SEXY WINGED CAT HUSSARS. Versus sexy wolf Hakkapeliitta. That'd be a good match.
Hakkapeliitta is more an equivalent of Polish Lisowczycy (Well... Lis means Fox in Polish, SO THERE'S THAT), since they're light cavalry and seems to be used in similar way. Similar fame of cruelty and robbery though, Lisowczycy were the reason Russians had a saying that there are three plagues - Typhus, Tatars and Poles.
Kot finishes his morning routine in the same way he always does, by burning a scale replica of Saint Basil's Cathedral on the windowsill.

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #111995 on: October 27, 2016, 06:41:15 pm »

The much-maligned scaly playerbase, while ignored by the rest of the world, appear to have attained a critical ear in Bethesda.

TODD HOWARD IS A FUCKING SCALY REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

Silverthrone

• Bay Watcher
  • Mad Old Geat
    • View Profile
« Reply #111996 on: October 27, 2016, 06:41:24 pm »

kot

if you find that youre a disgustingly flagrant furry

pm me

D'aww...

Fursars.

And that's the title! It'll be my magnum opus. Thank you!

SPELLJAMMER SPACECAT SINBAD. I'm sold. Sorry Blackmarsh, you can tag along if you can fit a Hist into a boat.

The Hist is the warp coil, of course. No doubt they designed the ship, too.

...fuck, that's going to end in quotes thread, isin't it?

You'd like that, wouldn't you, ya furry.

We had an DLC (albeit non-canon and relased as a modification to showcase the Workshop) with Space Core from Portal. Everything is possible.KHAJIT SNEEK SNEEK

I would like to establish that I am in no way a furry. Except that I like cats and the ridiculousness of the Khaijit. I don't identify as catkin and neither I want to have steamy sex with a pride of lions.

I'm a very minor offender by internet expectations (and not particularly in to identifying at all), but I know what I like. Khajiit are amazing, that they're also pretty is just a bonus.

To be fair, most of the furries I've ever met identify with animals in a sort of totemic sense, but don't so much see themselves as animals. Nor do most of them want to boink anyone while in mascot costumes. The logistics seem way too complicated for that to be any fun.

Well, with the risk of getting the thread weird; can confirm, about where I stand. All respect to those inclined, though. At least they put the work in for their kink.

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #111997 on: October 27, 2016, 06:43:29 pm »

The Hist are literally the only spacefaring species now that the Dwemer are Gone. That's how they got to Tamriel in the first place.

Hell, if you want Spelljammer Scrolls that's your way of making it happen lore-wise.
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

Solifuge

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #111998 on: October 27, 2016, 06:45:52 pm »

Argonians in Morrowind didin't have tatas per se, but they still had... female curves, so to say.

Oddly, Morrowind Argonians only had boobs when wearing clothes. The game picked the Torso model based on character's sex, but naked torsos had Sex and Race Specific models. I don't have the game installed, nor a burning desire to screenshot nekkid lizard ladies, but they were flat as the guys were. You could tell gender based on their scale coloration and patterns, which I thought was Hella Cool. I just wish they'd reused the Male clothed torsos for the female Argonians, for consistency.

And thus ends my rant about lizard boobs.

Silverthrone

• Bay Watcher
  • Mad Old Geat
    • View Profile
« Reply #111999 on: October 27, 2016, 06:48:09 pm »

I mean, TES has been trying to do Stronghold Building for a while. I can totally see the appeal of being a Mayor in a town, or even building your own Inn or Pirate Fort or whatever. I'd love an RPG with a rich setting that let me be an adventurer / craftsperson / shopkeeper, Recettear style.

Get to it, then, so I get to play it!  >:( (Of course, not above helping out, that sounds really cool.)

Hakkapeliitta is more an equivalent of Polish Lisowczycy (Well... Lis means Fox in Polish, SO THERE'S THAT), since they're light cavalry and seems to be used in similar way. Similar fame of cruelty and robbery though, Lisowczycy were the reason Russians had a saying that there are three plagues - Typhus, Tatars and Poles.

Oh, that's cool! I'll be reading up on those later. Yes, used the Hakkas because they're the main Swedish (effectively) cavalry type that is generally known. Plus, I like the name.

The much-maligned scaly playerbase, while ignored by the rest of the world, appear to have attained a critical ear in Bethesda.

TODD HOWARD IS A FUCKING SCALY REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

Well, I ain't complaining. But really, I don't mind either, Argonians are cool unconditionally. Well, they're cold-blooded, I suppose.

The Hist are literally the only spacefaring species now that the Dwemer are Gone. That's how they got to Tamriel in the first place.

Hell, if you want Spelljammer Scrolls that's your way of making it happen lore-wise.

I know it's not really how it works, but I've got a delightful picture in my head of a bunch of trees landing in a flying saucer.

TempAcc

• Bay Watcher
  • [CASTE:SATAN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #112000 on: October 27, 2016, 06:50:44 pm »

Alas, kaijyuu, I blame this all on you. You'd prob enjoy it, too.
On normal internet forums, threads devolve from content into trolling. On Bay12, it's the other way around.
There is no God but TempAcc, and He is His own Prophet.

smirk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #112001 on: October 27, 2016, 06:51:05 pm »

i would like to personally ask the argonian model designer what he was thinking when he decided that the disease resistant alligator assassin people needed some more sex appeal
I think when they started work on Oblivion they just decided to use only one humanoid body model. Less work for them, and we all get sexy lizards Mesozoic mammaries scaly boobs.
When i think of toady i think of a toad hopping arround on a keyboard
also
he should stay out of the light it will dry out his skin
his moist amphibian skin

Dozebôm Lolumzalìs

• Bay Watcher
  • what even is truth
    • View Profile
    • test
« Reply #112002 on: October 27, 2016, 06:51:35 pm »

Just wait a decade, and DF will give you that and more.
Quote from: King James Programming
...Simplification leaves us with the black extra-cosmic gulfs it throws open before our frenzied eyes...
Quote from: Salvané Descocrates
The only difference between me and a fool is that I know that I know only that I think, therefore I am.
Sigtext!

Kot

• Bay Watcher
  • 2 Patriotic 4 U
    • View Profile
    • Tiny Pixel Soldiers
« Reply #112003 on: October 27, 2016, 06:58:45 pm »

I think when they started work on Oblivion they just decided to use only one humanoid body model. Less work for them, and we all get sexy lizards Mesozoic mammaries scaly boobs.
No.
It goes back to Daggerfall where Argonian women had bumpers, though no nipples (Daggerfall didin't give a shit and unclothed women were anatomically correct... though men didin't have their part of the deal for some reason. GAME SEXISM, DURR).
« Last Edit: October 27, 2016, 07:00:31 pm by Kot »
Kot finishes his morning routine in the same way he always does, by burning a scale replica of Saint Basil's Cathedral on the windowsill.

TempAcc

• Bay Watcher
  • [CASTE:SATAN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #112004 on: October 27, 2016, 07:02:37 pm »

Battlespire and daggerfall were the most explicit TES games. Battlespire was infamous at its time for having, uh, highly detailed character dolls for you to put equipment onto.
On normal internet forums, threads devolve from content into trolling. On Bay12, it's the other way around.
There is no God but TempAcc, and He is His own Prophet.
Pages: 1 ... 7465 7466 [7467] 7468 7469 ... 11037