Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 7459 7460 [7461] 7462 7463 ... 11037

Author Topic: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O  (Read 14487702 times)

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O
« Reply #111900 on: October 27, 2016, 02:41:10 pm »

I'm surprised that we keep allowing political discussions when so many of the bans are from those topics specifically, but yet NMS and MLP ended up banned topics after not even a fourth of the bullshit that routinely comes up in those topics came up there.
It's with specific ways on discussion about it or the people in specific rather than the topics itself but...I can see the point here :O It's both in the same area of 'things that are not that controlled', like how one can react or their communication style.

That's two bans in as many days. I wonder whether this is entirely due to a change in the posting activity, or whether Toady is getting tired of insults and threats. I wouldn't blame him if he got less lenient. His banhammer is the cleanser of this board, the darkly shining purifier that keeps us from falling into dank memes the flames of raeg. All hail the Toad.

I almost posted a slight insult ("immature") in that thread. Thank Armok I didn't.
There's a process to all bans--one's own personal subjective feelings do not or are not to be used as a balance to such (meaning that the impression here, as I'm assuming anyway' [the 'tired' part] is rather from a system than 'I'm tired of you keeping on doing this.' or word respectively). Toady is, actually, pretty lenient as the other members of the boards and threads are also able to keep the tension down in many various cases.
Posting activity also doesn't connect :P There's much that isn't being shown in public because of the personal nature of these things. All of such however revolve around one major theme: Etiquette. (Alongside behavior, reaction, etc...)

The matter that the record is with the mod (and in the person's memory too) is also something to remember. The system in question is not for a 'board of shame' or something that can come to mind given reactions over bans--but for one's own personal notice that 'how this is done may lead to further events that aren't beneficial; please be aware of this'. It's like if, for example, someone was fired from a job--it's not stated in their permanent records (barring very significant events) for the continuation of employment in the future given the impression and change. (eg Mutes. Those aren't in public record, etc.) My messy wording and probably really blunt example aside, there's a lot more to this than what's stated.

No Man's Sky. And ninja'd, but eh.

Though nah, m's problem wasn't really the short fuse or the feistyness, it was the inability to keep from directly attacking other posters.
It's rather something I've noticed with how language is used :/ Usually, when there's the notice of something about someone else's behavior, the wording is 'you' yet one is describing the behavior. Specificity helps a lot here, because that 'inability' is directly tied to one's communication styles.
But yeah >_> me and my commentary aside, there's a lot of importance in separating one's acts from one's being and existence, it's a very common thing that is predominantly seen in self-esteem (eg All those times and occurrences where people call themselves negative labels that are very crude and don't even begin to describe them? Yeah.)

And discussing all that just had me recall certain things that make me personally :-\ Total aside unrelated anyway.

Also oww, PPE'd a ton.

Arcvasti

• Bay Watcher
  • [IS_ALREADY_HERE] [FRIENDSHIPPER:HIGH]
    • View Profile
« Reply #111901 on: October 27, 2016, 02:47:24 pm »

Bans did not make me WTF today. Catmeat was definitely a ban waiting to happen and Mainiac did not have the most robust chill.

My WTF is how goddamn long this election season's been going. I'd say it'd be nice that its over soon, but odds are good that the next one will start a few months into the new presidency.
If you expect to live forever then you will never be disappointed.
Spooky Signature
To fix the horrid default colour scheme, follow the below steps:
Profile> Modify Profile> Look and Layout> Current Theme> (change)> Darkling

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile
« Reply #111902 on: October 27, 2016, 02:49:17 pm »

A few months? You're an optimist.  :P

Remember, knowledge is power. The power to make other people feel stupid.
Quote from: Neil DeGrasse Tyson
Science is like an inoculation against charlatans who would have you believe whatever it is they tell you.

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile
« Reply #111903 on: October 27, 2016, 02:50:34 pm »

I think it's safe to say that it's No Man's Sky, as long as we don't actually discuss the game or the controversy here.

Gamersgate? Thought that was a different game, but okay. No interest in discussing it or the controversy anyway.

No.  There is quite a bit of controversy in the net around NMS due to ... actually just check the reviews in the steam page.

*ducks into a trench*
Everyone sucks at everything. Until they don't. Not sucking is a product of time invested.

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #111904 on: October 27, 2016, 02:52:10 pm »

You could check the end of the thread, too, it's still up: http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=147215.1290
The argument was going nowhere but down and should not be restarted, is all, it's locked for a reason.
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

Dozebôm Lolumzalìs

• Bay Watcher
  • what even is truth
    • View Profile
    • test
« Reply #111905 on: October 27, 2016, 02:54:01 pm »

Quote from: King James Programming
...Simplification leaves us with the black extra-cosmic gulfs it throws open before our frenzied eyes...
Quote from: Salvané Descocrates
The only difference between me and a fool is that I know that I know only that I think, therefore I am.
Sigtext!

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #111906 on: October 27, 2016, 02:54:07 pm »

My WTF is how goddamn long this election season's been going. I'd say it'd be nice that its over soon, but odds are good that the next one will start a few months into the new presidency.
More like a week or two ago. Folks have already started.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

Draignean

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably browsing tasteful erotic dolphin photos
    • View Profile
« Reply #111907 on: October 27, 2016, 03:16:37 pm »

So, a youtube ad came on during my video.

It was a live action trailer.

For Skyrim.

Huh. I like the game, but I think the marketing window passed on that one.
I have a degree in Computer Seance, that means I'm officially qualified to tell you that the problem with your system is that it's possessed by Satan.
---
Q: "Do you have any idea what you're doing?"
A: "No, not particularly."

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
  • Too old and stubborn to get a new avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #111908 on: October 27, 2016, 03:17:31 pm »

Fus Ro BUYMENOW
Pisskop's Reblancing Mod - A C:DDA Mod to make life a little (lot) more brutal!
drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
PKs DF Mod!

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #111909 on: October 27, 2016, 03:23:39 pm »

For Skyrim.

The remastered version came out recently. Or comes out soon, on of the two.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

Lord Shonus

• Bay Watcher
  • Angle of Death
    • View Profile
« Reply #111910 on: October 27, 2016, 03:24:58 pm »

For Skyrim.

The new version comes out tomorrow, and is being massively hyped. I'd probably buy it if I wasn't getting it free.
On Giant In the Playground and Something Awful I am Gnoman.
Man, ninja'd by a potentially inebriated Lord Shonus. I was gonna say to burn it.

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile
« Reply #111911 on: October 27, 2016, 03:25:47 pm »

For Skyrim.

The remastered version came out recently. Or comes out soon, on of the two.
How can it be remastered? It just came out like....

*checks Internet*

...five years ago. What the hell, Time?

Remember, knowledge is power. The power to make other people feel stupid.
Quote from: Neil DeGrasse Tyson
Science is like an inoculation against charlatans who would have you believe whatever it is they tell you.

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
  • Too old and stubborn to get a new avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #111912 on: October 27, 2016, 03:26:00 pm »

Fos Ro fasoladeda -> with skyrim remastered you can hear every syllable as it was meant to be heard!  2014 didnt have all the technology to allow the sound developers to contain the true berth of their vision, but 2016 does!
Pisskop's Reblancing Mod - A C:DDA Mod to make life a little (lot) more brutal!
drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
PKs DF Mod!

NullForceOmega

• Bay Watcher
  • But, really, it's divine. Divinely tiresome.
    • View Profile
« Reply #111913 on: October 27, 2016, 03:26:46 pm »

Not sure where you are Shonus, but it launches tonight across most of the world.
Grey morality is for people who wish to avoid retribution for misdeeds.

NullForceOmega is an immortal neanderthal who has been an amnesiac for the past 5000 years.

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #111914 on: October 27, 2016, 03:31:03 pm »

The new version comes out tomorrow, and is being massively hyped. I'd probably buy it if I wasn't getting it free.

Didn't everybody who was ever going to buy Skyrim at all get it during one of the many, many sales it had? I'm wondering who exactly will be paying for it. Don't really see new players being terribly into it, given that it plays the same and essentially looks the same (in that it looks like a game from 2011) from what I understand, plus some minor graphical enhancements.
Pages: 1 ... 7459 7460 [7461] 7462 7463 ... 11037