Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 7457 7458 [7459] 7460 7461 ... 11037

Author Topic: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O  (Read 14487718 times)

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
  • Forger of Civilizations
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O
« Reply #111870 on: October 27, 2016, 02:03:45 pm »

Um, what did the Ameripol thread get locked over? Things weren't uncivil. A bit salty maybe, but nowhere near anything that could be reported.

Well, Maniac does (did) have a habit of calling people he disagrees with idiots. I imagine he finally did it enough to actually get banned over it.
Civilization Forge Mod v2.80: Adding in new races, equipment, animals, plants, metals, etc. Now with Alchemy and Libraries! Variety to spice up DF! (For DF 0.34.10)
Come play Mafia with us!
"Let us maintain our chill composure." - Toady One

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #111871 on: October 27, 2016, 02:04:55 pm »

Um, what did the Ameripol thread get locked over? Things weren't uncivil. A bit salty maybe, but nowhere near anything that could be reported.

Well, Maniac does (did) have a habit of calling people he disagrees with idiots. I imagine he finally did it enough to actually get banned over it.

He did say the word 'idiot', but wasn't directly aiming it at anybody specific I don't think. Not condoning it, just not sure what the infractions were.

Gunner-Chan

• Bay Watcher
  • << IT'S TIME >>
    • View Profile
« Reply #111872 on: October 27, 2016, 02:06:21 pm »

He'd get way into the arguments far too often. Honestly I'm surprised it took this long. I'm surprised that we keep allowing political discussions when so many of the bans are from those topics specifically, but yet NMS and MLP ended up banned topics after not even a fourth of the bullshit that routinely comes up in those topics came up there.
Diamonds are combustable, because they are made of Carbon.

Dozebôm Lolumzalìs

• Bay Watcher
  • what even is truth
    • View Profile
    • test
« Reply #111873 on: October 27, 2016, 02:09:05 pm »

That's two bans in as many days. I wonder whether this is entirely due to a change in the posting activity, or whether Toady is getting tired of insults and threats. I wouldn't blame him if he got less lenient. His banhammer is the cleanser of this board, the darkly shining purifier that keeps us from falling into dank memes the flames of raeg. All hail the Toad.

I almost posted a slight insult ("immature") in that thread. Thank Armok I didn't.
« Last Edit: October 27, 2016, 02:10:38 pm by Dozebôm Lolumzalìs »
Quote from: King James Programming
...Simplification leaves us with the black extra-cosmic gulfs it throws open before our frenzied eyes...
Quote from: Salvané Descocrates
The only difference between me and a fool is that I know that I know only that I think, therefore I am.
Sigtext!

TheDarkStar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #111874 on: October 27, 2016, 02:09:23 pm »

RIP maniac.
Don't die; it's bad for your health!

it happened it happened it happen im so hyped to actually get attacked now

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile
« Reply #111875 on: October 27, 2016, 02:10:15 pm »

He did say the word 'idiot', but wasn't directly aiming it at anybody specific I don't think. Not condoning it, just not sure what the infractions were.
It was passive-aggressively directed at sluissa. I agree it was hardly the worst thing he'd ever typed, but I think it was the feather that broke the camel's Toad's back.

I think everyone will be way more chill in just a couple of weeks. November 9 will (hopefully) be like one big national exhale.

Remember, knowledge is power. The power to make other people feel stupid.
Quote from: Neil DeGrasse Tyson
Science is like an inoculation against charlatans who would have you believe whatever it is they tell you.

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #111876 on: October 27, 2016, 02:10:23 pm »

Well. That's sad. I was hoping Maniac would be able to avoid the banhammer there because, well, it was a political thread. But I guess not. I do actually like Maniac and feel like other then the political thread (where he does go too far sometimes) he was an okay guy. Ah well...

He did say the word 'idiot', but wasn't directly aiming it at anybody specific I don't think.

No, he directly called sluissa and anyone who feel like "If there were no third parties and no write in, I simply wouldn't vote for either." idiots. It wasn't 'passive aggressive' or or indirect, it really was just a direct insult, at least from how I read it.

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #111877 on: October 27, 2016, 02:10:41 pm »

I'm kind of shocked this happened in the span of a single post. I didn't see what was posted, but AmeriPol has had extremely salty and protracted fights over personal matters, and I figured any bans would come from one of those.

Was it that bad?
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

Dozebôm Lolumzalìs

• Bay Watcher
  • what even is truth
    • View Profile
    • test
« Reply #111878 on: October 27, 2016, 02:12:18 pm »

There's really not that much. He just called them idiots. It wasn't the worst, but Toady doesn't have the time for constantly cleaning up after raeges.
...Simplification leaves us with the black extra-cosmic gulfs it throws open before our frenzied eyes...
The only difference between me and a fool is that I know that I know only that I think, therefore I am.
Sigtext!

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #111879 on: October 27, 2016, 02:12:22 pm »

Was it that bad?

Personal insults against another formite for their choices in vote? Sorta bad. Not the worst, but like redking says, probably the straw that broke the back and all.

I think perhaps a mute would have been more appropriate of a response to be honest, Maniac felt like someone who could be forced to calm down, but aw.

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #111880 on: October 27, 2016, 02:12:33 pm »

I'm kind of shocked this happened in the span of a single post. I didn't see what was posted, but AmeriPol has had extremely salty and protracted fights over personal matters, and I figured any bans would come from one of those.

Was it that bad?

Seemed more of a 'final straw' thing.

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #111881 on: October 27, 2016, 02:13:53 pm »

I'm surprised that we keep allowing political discussions when so many of the bans are from those topics specifically, but yet NMS and MLP ended up banned topics after not even a fourth of the bullshit that routinely comes up in those topics came up there.
Eh... importance of the subject, maybe? And considering what forum we're on (LCS) politics probably gets more leniency.

That's two bans in as many days. I wonder whether this is entirely due to a change in the posting activity, or whether Toady is getting tired of insults and threats.
Yeah, CM definitely changed posting content. The out there was normal but the murder related stuff not so much. M kinda' didn't but that was the problem.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #111882 on: October 27, 2016, 02:15:17 pm »

I don't remember the politics stuff ever getting as bad as what I heard happened to the MLP stuff.

Dozebôm Lolumzalìs

• Bay Watcher
  • what even is truth
    • View Profile
    • test
« Reply #111883 on: October 27, 2016, 02:15:31 pm »

As I argued for equity and fairness in government, the person I was talking with accused me of being a whiny immature person who can't handle unfairness. "You probably throw a fit when you lose a game. Life is unfair. Deal with it."

Okay, what the fuck? I am dealing with it. I'm diminishing unfair inequality of opportunity. It's like if half the people in the game were blindfolded, and I protested and said that the blindfolds should be taken off.
Sigtext!

Arx

• Bay Watcher
  • Iron within, iron without.
    • View Profile
    • Art!
« Reply #111884 on: October 27, 2016, 02:15:59 pm »

That's two bans in as many days. I wonder whether this is entirely due to a change in the posting activity, or whether Toady is getting tired of insults and threats.

People say that all the time, but it's still pretty much the same as always. It's usually either coincidence (this case) or directly linked (immigration flamewars, a gender/sexuality discussion going nuclear).

Maniac felt like someone who could be forced to calm down, but aw.

He did get muted once a while back, and it didn't change super much. :/ It's sad to see him go, because he generally had an informed perspective, but it's pretty easy to see why.

I am on Discord as Arx#2415.
Hail to the mind of man! / Fire in the sky
I've been waiting for you / On this day we die.
Pages: 1 ... 7457 7458 [7459] 7460 7461 ... 11037