Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 7392 7393 [7394] 7395 7396 ... 11040

Author Topic: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O  (Read 14450045 times)

BlackFlyme

• Bay Watcher
  • BlackFlyme cancels Work: Interrupted by bird.
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O
« Reply #110895 on: October 12, 2016, 03:43:44 pm »

My old phone company is still sending me bills. I cancelled my contract with them, and even payed a considerable fee to do so. Hell, they aren't even servicing the old phone any more. But I'm still getting bills.

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #110896 on: October 12, 2016, 03:48:07 pm »

My old phone company is still sending me bills. I cancelled my contract with them, and even payed a considerable fee to do so. Hell, they aren't even servicing the old phone any more. But I'm still getting bills.

Those are for your soul, signed away separately during the initial contract to pay for installation. Get it back in only 616 easy payments!

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #110897 on: October 12, 2016, 03:52:58 pm »

I'm sure we all know by now about how spiders crawl into our mouths while we sleep. Apparently I got unlucky a couple nights ago, because all I can figure is that one did so and then bit the inside of my mouth, because I've got what looks and feels exactly like a spider bite on the inside of my lip, right in the perfect spot to rub against my teeth and stay really sore.

Thanks a lot, spiderbro. >.>

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
  • Too old and stubborn to get a new avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #110898 on: October 12, 2016, 03:57:19 pm »

You pissed it off by being its new home.  Insects have the worst sense of possession, property, and personal space.
Pisskop's Reblancing Mod - A C:DDA Mod to make life a little (lot) more brutal!
drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
PKs DF Mod!

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #110899 on: October 12, 2016, 03:59:26 pm »

They really do.

However, spiders are arachnids, not insects. Perhaps it's better said that arthropods in general have issues? I once had a centipede hiding in my shoe.
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

Phmcw

• Bay Watcher
  • Damn max 500 characters
    • View Profile
« Reply #110900 on: October 12, 2016, 04:48:22 pm »

May I suggest some French tangentially culinary WTF? Not safe for work BTW.

Edit: Actually this may be against forum guidelines, so I removed it.
« Last Edit: October 12, 2016, 05:17:24 pm by Phmcw »
Quote from: toady

In bug news, the zombies in a necromancer's tower became suspicious after the necromancer failed to age and he fled into the hills.

Truean

• Bay Watcher
  • Ok.... [sigh] It froze over....
    • View Profile
« Reply #110901 on: October 12, 2016, 05:46:21 pm »

A happy one. At friend's house and his daughter has gay friend. The world has changed a ton..... wow. Somewhat jealous..... just wow
The kinda human wreckage that you love

Current Spare Time Fiction Project: (C) 2010 http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=63660.0
Disclaimer: I never take cases online for ethical reasons. If you require an attorney; you need to find one licensed to practice in your jurisdiction. Never take anything online as legal advice, because each case is different and one size does not fit all. Wants nothing at all to do with law.

Please don't quote me.

Dozebôm Lolumzalìs

• Bay Watcher
  • what even is truth
    • View Profile
    • test
« Reply #110902 on: October 12, 2016, 06:13:00 pm »

Hmm. Trying to interpret the above. Did you grow up as a non-heterocis in a less accepting age?
Quote from: King James Programming
...Simplification leaves us with the black extra-cosmic gulfs it throws open before our frenzied eyes...
Quote from: Salvané Descocrates
The only difference between me and a fool is that I know that I know only that I think, therefore I am.
Sigtext!

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #110903 on: October 12, 2016, 06:26:48 pm »

And by the time that daughter is middle-aged that sort of situation being abnormal will almost be out of living memory, the way interracial relationships are now. Social progress always wins in the end, so long as we can at least hold ground against regressive movements and lingering strains of old hate, 'cause the bigots and extremists of today become the old people of tomorrow and the corpses of the day after.  :)

3. Run Resize Enable

Dozebôm Lolumzalìs

• Bay Watcher
  • what even is truth
    • View Profile
    • test
« Reply #110904 on: October 12, 2016, 06:33:28 pm »

... I beg to differ. We can't always rely on that - there are plenty of bigoted young people.
Quote from: King James Programming
...Simplification leaves us with the black extra-cosmic gulfs it throws open before our frenzied eyes...
Quote from: Salvané Descocrates
The only difference between me and a fool is that I know that I know only that I think, therefore I am.
Sigtext!

Calidovi

• Bay Watcher
  • agnus dei
    • View Profile
« Reply #110905 on: October 12, 2016, 06:55:29 pm »

... I beg to differ. We can't always rely on that - there are plenty of bigoted young people.

I'm not sure you can defend that point. Change is inevitable, it just takes time. People today are bigoted about different things than 50 years ago.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #110906 on: October 12, 2016, 07:03:54 pm »

I'm not sure you can defend that point. Change is inevitable, it just takes time. People today are bigoted about different things than 50 years ago.

Well other than thrusting Muslims into the limelight.

The same old prejudices run today.

Calidovi

• Bay Watcher
  • agnus dei
    • View Profile
« Reply #110907 on: October 12, 2016, 07:21:10 pm »

Well other than thrusting Muslims into the limelight.

The same old prejudices run today.

I guess it's a matter of scale. I'd find very few people that think that the descendants of Oog's cro-magnon tribe are still greedy pigs, but there's no doubt that some of this profiling is at this point ingrained into our psyche. But that's being worked out with each generation. If you want to take the end of the civil rights' movement as the start of institutional black equality, it's kind of amazing to think that we're still within a few generations of that. No doubt isolated people teach their children racist things, who teach their children these things, and so on, but for most others, it really gets watered down.

It's still more fun to focus on the KKK's shenanigans as far as a proud white race goes, but the average person is not a mirror image of their AR-wielding, flag-bearing grandfather.

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #110908 on: October 12, 2016, 07:50:16 pm »

In living memory we've gone from state-sanctioned lynchings and thousands of racist ghosts marching in DC to Klan rallies being two-digit gatherings that need police to protect them from vastly larger numbers of counter-protesters.

It's not universally even, it doesn't happen overnight, but if you think we aren't making continuous progress you must spend your time in a total isolation chamber. There is an entire generation of adults who went to high schools where kids could be openly gay without being persecuted.

Bigotry still exists, of course, and it's as much that new generations care more about new divisions than those of their great-grandparents as anything else, but progress is progress. Just gotta stay ahead of the curve and stomp on the newer hatreds before they can bloom as fully as those of the past were allowed to.

3. Run Resize Enable

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #110909 on: October 12, 2016, 07:57:09 pm »

Goodness... Narrative Causality can get really silly.

For example if you have time powers, prepare for your friends and family suddenly being REALLY death prone.

Or Nightmare on Elm Street, and its sequels, where everyone seems to develop some form of narcolepsy falling asleep at inexplicable times.
Pages: 1 ... 7392 7393 [7394] 7395 7396 ... 11040