Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 7391 7392 [7393] 7394 7395 ... 11040

Author Topic: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O  (Read 14448498 times)

Catmeat

• Bay Watcher
  • 50/50 cat pork burger wth sweet lime sauce is best
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O
« Reply #110880 on: October 12, 2016, 08:37:21 am »

Damn I look sexy in these boots.
The rest of me actually looks okay for a change, too. WTF. Maybe I'm hallucinating.
Its cause you are only wearing boots you sexy australian!
Also wear a cork hat and a knife belt then say, "thats not how you spoon, this is how you spoon"
Works everytime
Puns are social lubricant.
Too much and you lose sensation

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #110881 on: October 12, 2016, 08:38:25 am »

Yesterday was a decent start to my new route, even with the gatling-like lane assist.

Today is significantly worse. I started my shift at 2am, pre-tripped my truck, fueled it. Usual stuff. Then, when I go upstairs to get my first assignment for the day, I'm told that I will not be using that truck anymore. That I would, in fact, be using different trucks each day this week. Something that no one bothered to mention.

So I wander out to the yard, find the new vehicle, swap all of my stuff to it. It's crap in comparison to the one I drove yesterday, with twice as many miles and a computer that freezes up frequently, plus the fuel tank was near empty, but by this point I was nearly an hour behind schedule and just wanted to get moving.

I somehow got to my first appointment on time, and they even unloaded me quickly...but I have no other assignments. I've been on the clock for nearly 5 hours and ready to go for one of them, and yet my boss is keeping me sitting.
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #110882 on: October 12, 2016, 08:41:43 am »

The rest of me actually looks okay for a change, too. WTF. Maybe I'm hallucinating.
Also wear a cork hat and a knife belt then say, "thats not how you spoon, this is how you spoon"
Works everytime
Cork hat? :O

So I've unnoticeably been tired lately, sometimes misspelling words, and sometimes misreading works (like while browsing out daily newspaper, I misread buck as 'back' and the ensuing confusion of wondering 'where's the support in this article o_O' had me re-reading it again)

And I have typos here too that I chose to not edit just to emphasize that :v
Woo, not-knowing-own-status-effects.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #110883 on: October 12, 2016, 08:50:57 am »

*hugpats Sergarr and Tiruin*
Tiruin goto sleep
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

Avis-Mergulus

• Bay Watcher
  • This adorable animal can't work.
    • View Profile
« Reply #110884 on: October 12, 2016, 08:53:17 am »

Works everytime

It is a hat with corks tied to the brim. Supposedly they ward off flies. Also make you look like a total drongo.
“See this Payam!” cried the gods, “He deceives us! He cruelly abuses our lustful hearts!”

Silverthrone

• Bay Watcher
  • Mad Old Geat
    • View Profile
« Reply #110885 on: October 12, 2016, 09:32:07 am »

Boots are love. Boots are life. If I could get away with it, I'd have a huge pair of 17th century riding boots.

Today's WTF (well, mild 'Oh, dear'); I see the rat poison fairy has visited the courtyard. The poor buggers likes to curl up and die in the passageway out to the street, where they're difficult to see. Nearly trod on one last night. Scooped him up in a paper bag and gave him a Christian burial in the bio-bin. I'd like to think it's a kind gesture as well as sanitary, maybe the rats will put in a good word for me. It happens now and then, but the rats seems to soldier on anyway.

Sergius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #110886 on: October 12, 2016, 10:44:51 am »

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xuPSIbABYVU

Seriously. WTF I just watch.

That's what I get just because I googled "jazz hands".

Dozebôm Lolumzalěs

• Bay Watcher
  • what even is truth
    • View Profile
    • test
« Reply #110887 on: October 12, 2016, 11:30:28 am »

Works everytime

So I've unnoticeably been tired lately, sometimes misspelling words, and sometimes misreading works (like while browsing out daily newspaper, I misread buck as 'back' and the ensuing confusion of wondering 'where's the support in this article o_O' had me re-reading it again)

And I have typos here too that I chose to not edit just to emphasize that :v
Woo, not-knowing-own-status-effects.

You are poisoned, confused, exhausted, and drained. You are standing in a web. You are regenerating wounds quickly. You are covering ground quickly. You're welcome!

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Quote from: King James Programming
...Simplification leaves us with the black extra-cosmic gulfs it throws open before our frenzied eyes...
Quote from: Salvané Descocrates
The only difference between me and a fool is that I know that I know only that I think, therefore I am.
Sigtext!

spümpkin

• Bay Watcher
  • coming to you live from the action
    • View Profile
« Reply #110888 on: October 12, 2016, 12:28:54 pm »

My tongue is still burnt from yesterdays hot chocolate :???
Quote from: Sergarr
When in doubt, use puns.
Quote from: Calidovi
in our own special way we are all shitpost
each day, when the sun shines and greets us with a smile, at least one of us finds that inner strength to spout bullshit on a forum revolving around the systemized slaughter of midgets
dont call me a shitposter, call me a spirit one with the shitpost atman
Quote from: Descan
that's pretty gay

scrdest

• Bay Watcher
  • Girlcat?/o_ o
    • View Profile
« Reply #110889 on: October 12, 2016, 12:55:33 pm »

Truly, the art is in the interpretation, and not the object.
Nice try, art critic. :P
We are doomed. It's just that whatever is going to kill us all just happens to be, from a scientific standpoint, pretty frickin' awesome.

Solifuge

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #110890 on: October 12, 2016, 01:10:48 pm »

Displaying a random piece of anything and saying "There, solve it" is not interesting and, in my opinion, not art. I just turned a mug on my desk upside-down and called it "The Death of Diana Ross". Figure that one out.
The upside down mug is the perversion of order. Though Diana Ross still lives, the inverted mug invokes her death through the clear connection to the minor arcana of cups. Imagine existence beneath the mug: closed off, sweltering, dark, and confusing. The very vision of death, but not just death of the body, the tortuous life-in-death of the Ancient Mariner. This is the fundamental experience of Ross, who attained fame yet still was discriminated against for her skin color and wished dead by many, utterly unable to avoid the living death of a reality mired in racism.

The body lives on, but the spirit is caught, ground by the careless systems of our civilization in pain and death. Horrifying.

Kind of exactly this. I've had several Art and Art History instructors say basically this.

All art is an act of intentional communication, from creator to audience. The art object are like the words. The art itself is the meaning the listener (the audience) derives.

That said, flip a mug upside down and give it a nonsense name, and some members of the audience will see what you're intending to say. "Abstract Art is Bullshit". Totally a valid artistic message. Of course, intended meanings don't always come across; you might end up with MSH-style interpretations as well. And oddly, those are valid too. The meaning they create and draw from it is real. (Though I would say it's a miscommunication. If that's how it goes for you more often than not, you're probably not a very good artist.)
« Last Edit: October 12, 2016, 01:13:14 pm by Solifuge »

Rose

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Elf
    • View Profile
« Reply #110891 on: October 12, 2016, 01:50:59 pm »

It's called a meep morp

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #110892 on: October 12, 2016, 02:44:01 pm »

Displaying a random piece of anything and saying "There, solve it" is not interesting and, in my opinion, not art. I just turned a mug on my desk upside-down and called it "The Death of Diana Ross". Figure that one out.
The upside down mug is the perversion of order. Though Diana Ross still lives, the inverted mug invokes her death through the clear connection to the minor arcana of cups. Imagine existence beneath the mug: closed off, sweltering, dark, and confusing. The very vision of death, but not just death of the body, the tortuous life-in-death of the Ancient Mariner. This is the fundamental experience of Ross, who attained fame yet still was discriminated against for her skin color and wished dead by many, utterly unable to avoid the living death of a reality mired in racism.

The body lives on, but the spirit is caught, ground by the careless systems of our civilization in pain and death. Horrifying.

Kind of exactly this. I've had several Art and Art History instructors say basically this.

All art is an act of intentional communication, from creator to audience. The art object are like the words. The art itself is the meaning the listener (the audience) derives.

That said, flip a mug upside down and give it a nonsense name, and some members of the audience will see what you're intending to say. "Abstract Art is Bullshit". Totally a valid artistic message. Of course, intended meanings don't always come across; you might end up with MSH-style interpretations as well. And oddly, those are valid too. The meaning they create and draw from it is real. (Though I would say it's a miscommunication. If that's how it goes for you more often than not, you're probably not a very good artist.)

Doesn't matter what the artist is trying to say, man, it's what the consumers of the art feel about it that matters.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
  • Too old and stubborn to get a new avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #110893 on: October 12, 2016, 03:22:46 pm »

I feel like the modern interpretation of art is like that of genitalia; everyones got one and they all think theirs is waaaay more important than it really is.
Pisskop's Reblancing Mod - A C:DDA Mod to make life a little (lot) more brutal!
drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
PKs DF Mod!

NJW2000

• Bay Watcher
  • You know me. What do I know?
    • View Profile
« Reply #110894 on: October 12, 2016, 03:26:49 pm »

Both are pretty damn important to them, though.
One wheel short of a wagon
Pages: 1 ... 7391 7392 [7393] 7394 7395 ... 11040