Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 7349 7350 [7351] 7352 7353 ... 11002

Author Topic: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O  (Read 13645722 times)

Dozebôm Lolumzalěs

• Bay Watcher
  • what even is truth
    • View Profile
    • test
Re: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O
« Reply #110250 on: October 02, 2016, 04:13:22 pm »

Oops, NJW said that, not Dwarfy. Although I guess I might remember Dwarfy saying that?
Quote from: King James Programming
...Simplification leaves us with the black extra-cosmic gulfs it throws open before our frenzied eyes...
Quote from: Salvané Descocrates
The only difference between me and a fool is that I know that I know only that I think, therefore I am.
Sigtext!

TD1

• Bay Watcher
  • Childe Roland to the Dark Tower Came
    • View Profile
« Reply #110251 on: October 02, 2016, 04:16:25 pm »

I did, yep. A while ago, though, hence my surprise :P
Life before death, strength before weakness, journey before destination
  TD1 has claimed the title of Penblessed the Endless Fountain of Epics!
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread

Kot

• Bay Watcher
  • 2 Patriotic 4 U
    • View Profile
    • Tiny Pixel Soldiers
« Reply #110252 on: October 02, 2016, 04:21:16 pm »

Kot finishes his morning routine in the same way he always does, by burning a scale replica of Saint Basil's Cathedral on the windowsill.

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #110253 on: October 02, 2016, 04:22:15 pm »

That's cool and fits 40k perfectly.
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

Silverthrone

• Bay Watcher
  • Mad Old Geat
    • View Profile
« Reply #110254 on: October 02, 2016, 04:25:07 pm »

This is a quite amusing bit of WTF.

http://www.bbc.com/news/world-europe-37533473

Summary: a family furniture manifacturer in Russia has designed a children's cot that looks like a Buk SAM launcher. The same weapon system that shot down flight MH17 over Ukraine, hence the rowing.

(Of course, it is BBC News, which can mean about anything these days. I think they might have a gas leak in the office)

All I can say is that I would've loved one of those when I was a kid. It's difficult to say if it's a free publicity stunt, a characteristically cheeky bit of Russian devilry or a storm in a glass. Leaning towards the latter, but the other two comes along for the ride, no doubt.

Kot

• Bay Watcher
  • 2 Patriotic 4 U
    • View Profile
    • Tiny Pixel Soldiers
« Reply #110255 on: October 02, 2016, 04:27:57 pm »

Actually wrong thread but whatever. :P
I guess it's kind of relevant (to that other discussion that's not about... religion?) because I was "inspired" by cavalry from BF1.

This is a quite amusing bit of WTF.

http://www.bbc.com/news/world-europe-37533473

Summary: a family furniture manifacturer in Russia has designed a children's cot that looks like a Buk SAM launcher. The same weapon system that shot down flight MH17 over Ukraine, hence the rowing.

(Of course, it is BBC News, which can mean about anything these days. I think they might have a gas leak in the office)

All I can say is that I would've loved one of those when I was a kid. It's difficult to say if it's a free publicity stunt, a characteristically cheeky bit of Russian devilry or a storm in a glass. Leaning towards the latter, but the other two comes along for the ride, no doubt.
Meh.
Next thing we'll see is that having passenger plane cot is call back to 9/11. :V
Kot finishes his morning routine in the same way he always does, by burning a scale replica of Saint Basil's Cathedral on the windowsill.

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #110256 on: October 02, 2016, 04:33:29 pm »

I'm looking for the Homestuck-art fanvideo of Highwayman, but the original is removed from Youtube due to copyright.  So I Google search.  Google headlines a youtube video, since they own Youtube and all.  It's the big ol' preview thing they do for youtube content.

Yeah it's the removed video.
They recommend the removed video.
Gods dammit I expect more skill from my de-facto overlords.

In fact it's the first FIVE results.  The exact same video, code and all, with different user playlists in the URL.  Good job!!
The sixth result is a tumblr with the song along with classy stills which is... pretty much the same thing.  Satisfies my itch.  Just, dammit Google.
http://homestuck-illustrated-music.tumblr.com/post/72456608246/ancestors-live-on
nevermind that doesn't have the song link, have this link that probably won't work soon
landofrhythmandblues.tumblr.com/page/2
ffs
« Last Edit: October 02, 2016, 04:35:37 pm by Rolan7 »
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

Silverthrone

• Bay Watcher
  • Mad Old Geat
    • View Profile
« Reply #110257 on: October 02, 2016, 04:35:17 pm »

Yes, it does seem rather hysterical, although with allowances for that most people have likely only heard of the buk-system in a shooting-down-airliners context, so I do think comparissons would've been inevitable.

Now I want a Baneblade-cot, myself. Maybe something Forge World could look into?

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #110258 on: October 02, 2016, 04:48:22 pm »

Bahaha, that's amazing. I want one! Do they make them in adult sizes? No? Dang.

Looks like it's part of a series of war-themed beds. People are just deciding to kick up a fuss about that one because it happens to be the same kind of weapon that apparently shot down MH17 or whatever.

Fakeedit: Huh, my browser didn't even tell me about the three ninjas.
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Kot

• Bay Watcher
  • 2 Patriotic 4 U
    • View Profile
    • Tiny Pixel Soldiers
« Reply #110259 on: October 02, 2016, 04:51:52 pm »

Now I want a Baneblade-cot, myself. Maybe something Forge World could look into?
It should come with plastic chainsword so you could sit in it and yell "DRIVE ME CLOSER, I WANT TO HIT THEM WITH MY SWORD!" instead of sleeping.
FUND IT.

martinuzz

• Bay Watcher
  • High dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #110260 on: October 02, 2016, 04:53:40 pm »

It's not very amusing to some folks over here. It's a slap in the face of the nearly 300 dutch victims' families. The bed was brought on the market just a few days after the Joint Investigation Team presented their report, concluding that it was indeed a Russian BUK that shot down MH17.
Friendly and polite reminder for optimists: Hope is a finite resource

We can ­disagree and still love each other, ­unless your disagreement is rooted in my oppression and denial of my humanity and right to exist - James Baldwin

http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=73719.msg1830479#msg1830479

Silverthrone

• Bay Watcher
  • Mad Old Geat
    • View Profile
« Reply #110261 on: October 02, 2016, 05:00:28 pm »

Bahaha, that's amazing. I want one! Do they make them in adult sizes? No? Dang.

Looks like it's part of a series of war-themed beds. People are just deciding to kick up a fuss about that one because it happens to be the same kind of weapon that apparently shot down MH17 or whatever.

Fakeedit: Huh, my browser didn't even tell me about the three ninjas.

Yeah, I thought about that. Who would've given two shits if it was an Abrams-themed bed?

Best part is, if the child is poorly and has to spend a lot of time in bed, you could bolt on some treads and an engine and he'll be a lot more mobile.

It should come with plastic chainsword so you could sit in it and yell "DRIVE ME CLOSER, I WANT TO HIT THEM WITH MY SWORD!" instead of sleeping.
FUND IT.

It'd give the children a good start in life, that would. It'd teach them to do the Emperor's work from an early age, and what sort of parent would not want that, I ask?

It's not very amusing to some folks over here. It's a slap in the face of the nearly 300 dutch victims' families. The bed was brought on the market just a few days after the Joint Investigation Team presented their report, concluding that it was indeed a Russian BUK that shot down MH17.

That is what perplexes me at the moment, too. If it is was done on purpose or if the furniture designer just didn't give one shit that the timing would be terribly tasteless.

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #110262 on: October 02, 2016, 08:12:17 pm »

From the article, the designer makes vehicle-beds, and this was one of several variants in a line with a military motif. Looks like they said IDGAF about the timing because business is business.

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #110263 on: October 02, 2016, 08:14:09 pm »

Descan

• Bay Watcher
  • [HEADING INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #110264 on: October 02, 2016, 08:15:32 pm »

not all [even christian] denominations are anti-gay (like UU, or That Other One in the states, and Anglican in Canada now)

so by banning gay marriage you're infringing on those religions right to officiate on gay marriages like they wish to
Quote from: SalmonGod
Your innocent viking escapades for canadian social justice and immortality make my flagellum wiggle, too.
Quote from: Myroc
Descan confirmed for antichrist.
Quote from: LeoLeonardoIII
I wonder if any of us don't love Descan.
Pages: 1 ... 7349 7350 [7351] 7352 7353 ... 11002