Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 7103 7104 [7105] 7106 7107 ... 11037

Author Topic: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O  (Read 14480254 times)

Orange Wizard

• Bay Watcher
  • mou ii yo
    • View Profile
    • S M U G
Re: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O
« Reply #106560 on: July 24, 2016, 07:26:10 am »

Somewhere out there, there's an old Christian widow who really does want to donate her fortune to some pleb on the internet, but no-one accepts because they all think it's a scam.
Please don't shitpost, it lowers the quality of discourse
Hard science is like a sword, and soft science is like fear. You can use both to equally powerful results, but even if your opponent disbelieve your stabs, they will still die.

Arx

• Bay Watcher
  • Iron within, iron without.
    • View Profile
    • Art!
« Reply #106561 on: July 24, 2016, 07:46:31 am »

>redacts signature
>doesn't redact introduction

:P

But seriously, as a resident of Bahrain, South Africa, no-one here has that many dollars. Gotta be a scam. :P

I am on Discord as Arx#2415.
Hail to the mind of man! / Fire in the sky
I've been waiting for you / On this day we die.

Truean

• Bay Watcher
  • Ok.... [sigh] It froze over....
    • View Profile
« Reply #106562 on: July 24, 2016, 08:41:01 am »

Mom pays for brother's apartment when 2nd wife divorces his annoying self.
Brother disowns family 10 years ago. Hates us all. Never shows, even for Christmas.
He remarries. Tells them his family is "biological father" who left mom penniless and with a kid.
Father (different man) who actually raised him isn't good enough, neither is entire family. See also disowned.
After lying to his family, denying our existence, etc. Brother needs something.... Lo and behold....
One of brother's nicknames is "The Fucking Puppetmaster...."

Brother has his new wife contact mom. Mom learns for first time she has 2 grandkids and daughter in law.
Mom is not allowed to see grandkids and not invited over by brother, expressly forbids this....
Mom comes over anyhow.... Brother not amused. Says she can't see kids until multiple "meetings" between she and he.
Mom oddly agrees...?
Brother shows up with basically no notice, perhaps an hour or two....

O boy, this should be worth price of admission. I'm out of here.

To review, Brother disowns family for 10 years, now using grandkids as leverage, dictating terms.
Mom oddly agrees to this. Brother shows up oddly after long term screwing over everyone.
Things are supposed to be ok?  Huh?
Huh?

???
The kinda human wreckage that you love

Current Spare Time Fiction Project: (C) 2010 http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=63660.0
Disclaimer: I never take cases online for ethical reasons. If you require an attorney; you need to find one licensed to practice in your jurisdiction. Never take anything online as legal advice, because each case is different and one size does not fit all. Wants nothing at all to do with law.

Please don't quote me.

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #106563 on: July 24, 2016, 08:49:30 am »

Actual case you had Truean? Sometimes reality is stranger than fiction.....

Edit: Then again, if it was an actual case of yours, you probably wouldn't be describing it in that much detail because lawyer-client confidentiality.

NJW2000

• Bay Watcher
  • You know me. What do I know?
    • View Profile
« Reply #106564 on: July 24, 2016, 09:01:40 am »

And thus you experience, firsthand, how annoying the parable of the Prodigal Son is for the good brother.  :P

More seriously, when did you learn you had nieces/nephews, if I can ask?

Edit: Then again, if it was an actual case of yours, you probably wouldn't be describing it in that much detail because lawyer-client confidentiality.
Don't think this is a case...
One wheel short of a wagon

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #106565 on: July 24, 2016, 09:11:57 am »

And thus you experience, firsthand, how annoying the parable of the Prodigal Son is for the good brother.  :P

More seriously, when did you learn you had nieces/nephews, if I can ask?

Don't think this is a case...

Yeah I was thinking might not be. Also might not actually be Trueans family and just something they heard about.

Truean

• Bay Watcher
  • Ok.... [sigh] It froze over....
    • View Profile
« Reply #106566 on: July 24, 2016, 09:38:48 am »

My life and family. Yeah.

That's just a portion of the crap from ONE brother. :) Yayyyyyyy. Shit.
The kinda human wreckage that you love

Current Spare Time Fiction Project: (C) 2010 http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=63660.0
Disclaimer: I never take cases online for ethical reasons. If you require an attorney; you need to find one licensed to practice in your jurisdiction. Never take anything online as legal advice, because each case is different and one size does not fit all. Wants nothing at all to do with law.

Please don't quote me.

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #106567 on: July 24, 2016, 11:36:22 am »

Generally speaking, if someone is using their own kids as leverage for anything, they are not acting in the interests of their children.

Was at the laundromat earlier, and on one of the TV screens there was a kids' CGI cartoon and the character looked a hell of a lot like Shantae, but I was on the other side of the building and couldn't tell what it was(linked page makes no mention of a Shantae cartoon).
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #106568 on: July 24, 2016, 12:08:15 pm »

Was at the laundromat earlier, and on one of the TV screens there was a kids' CGI cartoon and the character looked a hell of a lot like Shantae, but I was on the other side of the building and couldn't tell what it was(linked page makes no mention of a Shantae cartoon).

I am sad I know exactly what this show is. It also is terrible :P

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #106569 on: July 24, 2016, 02:44:39 pm »

Classic Neo. XD

Pretty much any recent kids' cartoon is terrible, though, as far as I'm aware. You're probably right.
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
  • Too old and stubborn to get a new avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #106570 on: July 24, 2016, 02:53:18 pm »

I remember that particular game as having a lot of women with healthy boobs.
Pisskop's Reblancing Mod - A C:DDA Mod to make life a little (lot) more brutal!
drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
PKs DF Mod!

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #106571 on: July 24, 2016, 03:03:33 pm »

Classic Neo. XD

Pretty much any recent kids' cartoon is terrible, though, as far as I'm aware. You're probably right.

The Amazing World of Gumball is ver' ver' funneh.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #106572 on: July 24, 2016, 03:25:26 pm »

Yeah, kids shows these days aren't too bad. We Bare Bears is watchable, very much like the webcomic in terms of tone, which is good. Gumball is actually great sometimes, especially when it manages to make completely bizarre topics work. Steven Universe I don't feel like gushing over right now.

Tack

• Bay Watcher
  • Giving nothing to a community who gave me so much.
    • View Profile
« Reply #106573 on: July 24, 2016, 04:15:51 pm »

Tbh. Grandkids are powerful fucking leverage.
Biological clocks seem to demand 'em.
Sentience, Endurance, and Thumbs: The Trifector of a Superpredator.
Yeah, he's a banned spammer. Normally we'd delete this thread too, but people were having too much fun with it by the time we got here.

hops

• Bay Watcher
  • Secretary of Antifa
    • View Profile
« Reply #106574 on: July 24, 2016, 05:51:36 pm »

Gravity Falls is pretty good, and Alex Hirsch had the wisdom to end it at Season 2 rather than let it become the mess that Teen Titans is.
she/her. (Pronouns vary over time.) The artist formerly known as Objective/Cinder.

One True Polycule with flame99 <3

Pages: 1 ... 7103 7104 [7105] 7106 7107 ... 11037