Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 6915 6916 [6917] 6918 6919 ... 11037

Author Topic: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O  (Read 14470990 times)

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O
« Reply #103740 on: June 06, 2016, 09:58:50 pm »

That last one needs to have RULES OF NATURE dubbed in over it.

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

EnigmaticHat

• Bay Watcher
  • I vibrate, I die, I vibrate again
    • View Profile
« Reply #103741 on: June 06, 2016, 10:02:41 pm »

As someone with restless leg syndrome (my legs get more and more uncomfortable the longer they're immobile) I totally agree that the second one is a fucking nightmare.  And the fourth one... I don't know why but it made me so uncomfortable i couldn't even watch it.

The fifth one was fucking poetry for so many reasons.
"T-take this non-euclidean geometry, h-humanity-baka. I m-made it, but not because I l-li-l-like you or anything! I just felt s-sorry for you, b-baka."
You misspelled seance.  Are possessing Draignean?  Are you actually a ghost in the shell? You have to tell us if you are, that's the rule

BlackHeartKabal

• Bay Watcher
  • You are doomed, doomed, I tell you!
    • View Profile
« Reply #103742 on: June 06, 2016, 10:36:15 pm »

This was a triumph.
I'm making a note here:
HUGE SUCCESS.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #103743 on: June 06, 2016, 10:38:45 pm »

Well I tried to find out something about something people won't talk about.

Started at Wikipedia and GOODNESS is it obvious it was written by the opposition in a negative tone meant to demonify the other (but that is typical for politically charged groups. They often take writing their own articles themselves).

And EVEN BETTER it is actually being used to advertise people who make money off it. Now THAT I never seen on Wikipedia before O-o "And then Donald Trump stood up for president to put a end to it and build a wall. People should really vote for him"

Luckily though the "What actually happened" seems to have been edited down to a mostly objective figure. No "Gaygenda" involved, no advertisements, just the straight events.

EnigmaticHat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
"T-take this non-euclidean geometry, h-humanity-baka. I m-made it, but not because I l-li-l-like you or anything! I just felt s-sorry for you, b-baka."
You misspelled seance.  Are possessing Draignean?  Are you actually a ghost in the shell? You have to tell us if you are, that's the rule

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #103745 on: June 06, 2016, 11:08:21 pm »

I found another wonder from their youtube channel.

I'll wait for Retsupurae to do this one. CAn't look... don't want spoilers!

Execute/Dumbo.exe

• Bay Watcher
  • Never Types So Much As Punches The Keyboard
    • View Profile
« Reply #103746 on: June 06, 2016, 11:36:52 pm »

My main problem with most of their ideas is that they don't seem to get the concept of momentum much.
I mean, a quadcopter firing absurdly powerful minigun shots stays pretty bloody stable.
He knows how to fix River's tiredness.
Alan help.
IronyOwl   But Kyuubey can more or less be summed up as "You didn't ask."
15:52   IronyOwl   Whereas Dungbeetle is closer to "Fuck you."

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #103747 on: June 06, 2016, 11:45:36 pm »

My main problem with most of their ideas is that they don't seem to get the concept of momentum much.
I mean, a quadcopter firing absurdly powerful minigun shots stays pretty bloody stable.

Main problem with most of their ideas? That is more their problem with their military ideas. (Well among other things... weight, how helicopters are built, and the lack of counter measures)

The problem with any problem meant to bring convenience (restaurants, Markets, what have you) is that they are abhorrently expensive and space wasting... While also aesthetically ugly.

Their problem with medical devices is usually the lack of knowledge of both how miniaturization works but also how medicine works often creating devices far more dangerous then the surgery they were meant to replace.

The problem with their Earthquake bed is that it is a flat out poorly designed concept in every conceivable sense.
« Last Edit: June 06, 2016, 11:47:18 pm by Neonivek »

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #103748 on: June 07, 2016, 12:06:29 am »

I don't even what...
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #103749 on: June 07, 2016, 12:44:21 am »

That airfield with rows of F-16s five or six wide and a goddamn mile long on the airfield was pretty impressive. As in, that shot probably represented more F-16s than are in active service with every non-U.S. air force in the world.

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

MrRoboto75

• Bay Watcher
  • Belongs in the Trash!
    • View Profile
« Reply #103750 on: June 07, 2016, 12:49:11 am »

That airfield with rows of F-16s five or six wide and a goddamn mile long on the airfield was pretty impressive. As in, that shot probably represented more F-16s than are in active service with every non-U.S. air force in the world.

Good thing we don't keep them in a giant block in one place like that

Else they would have been blown to bits by building-sized quad copters
I consume
I purchase
I consume again

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #103751 on: June 07, 2016, 12:58:08 am »

The important thing to note is how extremely limited the Quad Copter's engagement range is... Which seems to be less than (or generously considered) a mile.

EnigmaticHat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #103752 on: June 07, 2016, 01:20:20 am »

They don't understand energy costs.  In terms of thermodynamics, OR human labor.  Lowering things from the ceiling takes energy twice, once to left them up and once to lower them down.  Assembly machines that need to used be on site take more energy to use than ones that can stay in a factory, because of transportation.  Automation the way they do it simply requires more human beings to maintain all that ridiculous square footage of tubes and joints.  They think that standardization = efficiency, while more often than not simplicity = efficiency.

Side note, I'm really wondering what their angle is.  Those animations aren't good in the artistic sense but they're solid quality and long.  They've also got voice actors in multiple languages and someone who thinks up all the details on those ridiculous machines.  All that takes money, so where's the income?  I'm thinking they're either being funded by some rich guy who has big dreams, or its some kind of scam.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #103753 on: June 07, 2016, 01:43:17 am »

Most people believe they are a scam that throws a punch of ideas against the wall to create a net and hopefully land some idiot who will actually fund one of their ideas.

Also in all fairness to the "Assembly machine" being less efficient. While True, the point is more that it allows you to hide it inside a truck, something that would normally be impossible to smuggle in.
« Last Edit: June 07, 2016, 01:46:39 am by Neonivek »

EnigmaticHat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #103754 on: June 07, 2016, 01:52:53 am »

That's also a reference to some of their other stuff that I've watched.  They have a thing for robot arms and self-unfolding stuff.  They also really like any kind of standardized block of material, which is stupid because it would only be made in a limited number of places yet need to be shipped potentially anywhere (further increasing transport costs).
Pages: 1 ... 6915 6916 [6917] 6918 6919 ... 11037