Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 6873 6874 [6875] 6876 6877 ... 11037

Author Topic: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O  (Read 14474670 times)

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
  • Too old and stubborn to get a new avatar
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O
« Reply #103110 on: May 28, 2016, 12:13:55 pm »

Tingle enjoyed major viral success with Pounded in the Butt by My Own Butt and its follow-up, Pounded in the Butt by My Book "Pounded in the Butt By My Own Butt," not to be confused with its follow-up, Pounded in the Butt by My Book "Pounded in the Butt by My Book 'Pounded in the Butt by My Own Butt.'"
Well, that's one way to name sequels.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Pisskop's Reblancing Mod - A C:DDA Mod to make life a little (lot) more brutal!
drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
PKs DF Mod!

Sonlirain

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #103111 on: May 28, 2016, 12:16:34 pm »

Tingle enjoyed major viral success with Pounded in the Butt by My Own Butt and its follow-up, Pounded in the Butt by My Book "Pounded in the Butt By My Own Butt," not to be confused with its follow-up, Pounded in the Butt by My Book "Pounded in the Butt by My Book 'Pounded in the Butt by My Own Butt.'"
Well, that's one way to name sequels.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3wBay4gVUNw
"If you make something idiot proof, someone will just make a better idiot."
Self promotion below.
I have a mostly dead youtube channel.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #103112 on: May 28, 2016, 12:45:04 pm »

If there's no indication that it was because she was a black woman, why the fuck are you bringing it up?
Well, in this case, it looks like at least one reason was to get people like you to spread the story around. I'm sure they're thankful for whatever amount of revenue you just brought them :V

"People like you"? Dem's fightin' words, son  >:( on a serious note, though, what doth thou mean?

I was highlighting BS journalism ie they made shit up. In the short-term folk might click the link, but in the longer term (sensible) folk will realize they talk nonsense and look for better sources.

Huff Post article about a public defender who was handcuffed and seated with inmates after interrupting the judge.

This is the wtf though:

It's well within a judge's power to restrain a person who is acting out of order in the courtroom, but rarely do they use this power against an attorney advocating on behalf of a client. And while Hafen didn't make any specific references to Bakhtary's gender in the court transcript, it's possible to see the incident as fitting into a larger pattern of men silencing women in this kind of setting.

This nonsense, sensational bullshit. If there's no indication that it was because she was a black woman, why the fuck are you bringing it up?

She's black? I thought she just had a really killer tan. The article does mention the judge was referring to her by her first name, which is not a thing you do in court, right?

Indeed, it was unprofessional. Is there a causal link between that and her being a her? Probably, but she was also being unprofessional in trying to talk over him, instead of waiting for the dude to make his point and ignore it as she continued.

The punishment for such was extreme, but the judge didn't say "SILENCE WOMAN OR I'LL CLAP YOU IN IRONS!", he got pissed with someone he dealt with on a regular basis overstepping their bounds, and went overboard himself. Idiots all round.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

Shadowlord

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #103113 on: May 28, 2016, 01:02:59 pm »

So he's allowed to interrupt and talk over her, but if she tries to finish what she was saying it's "unprofessional?"
<Dakkan> There are human laws, and then there are laws of physics. I don't bike in the city because of the second.
Dwarf Fortress Map Archive

hector13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #103114 on: May 28, 2016, 01:18:21 pm »

So he's allowed to interrupt and talk over her, but if she tries to finish what she was saying it's "unprofessional?"

Didn't say that. She could've waited. Her job is to represent her client, which I don't think she's doing very well if she pisses off the person who passes judgment.

Equally so, she was demanding something of the court that the judge was going to explain had already happened (the article links to the transcript) except she kept trying to talk over the judge.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #103115 on: May 28, 2016, 01:19:03 pm »

omg i litrerally not even can't even like wow omg so wowo fuuufufu

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #103116 on: May 28, 2016, 01:22:20 pm »

"People like you"? Dem's fightin' words, son  >:( on a serious note, though, what doth thou mean?
Folks that would react the way you did to the article, mostly :P Cry bullshit and let loose the dogs of "Look at this Stupidity!", for your howling puppetmasters behind the print have profit to reap ;D

I was highlighting BS journalism ie they made shit up. In the short-term folk might click the link, but in the longer term (sensible) folk will realize they talk nonsense and look for better sources.
See, the thing you're perhaps underestimating here is that many of those sensible folk will eventually forget they were ignoring the source in question, and once again spread the source around. More than that, there's a constantly shifting body of people who are involving themselves with paying attention; the news reporter may lose older viewers, but there's always going to be new ones coming in unawares. The short term is always now, and the long term is only many hours of now away.

Though even then, it may not necessarily lose them older viewers -- there's a number of people out there that get hooked in by articles like that, spread by word of mouth as you did, and then stick around for other subjects the source reports on that actually match their consideration of sensible, that they notice when drawn in by schlock (not that I'm saying that article is or isn't schlock, as I haven't read it and have no intention of doing so :V). You underestimate the flytrap :D

It's not a good strategy to rely on solely, but it's definitely something entertainment news regularly uses to supplement its numbers.
« Last Edit: May 28, 2016, 01:26:33 pm by Frumple »
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #103117 on: May 28, 2016, 01:35:48 pm »

I was taken in! The sadness is all-consuming :'(

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #103118 on: May 28, 2016, 01:41:14 pm »

As all-consuming as their editors' thirsting laughter.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #103119 on: May 28, 2016, 01:41:53 pm »

There's no need to so eagerly grind that salt into the wound :P

Dozebôm Lolumzalěs

• Bay Watcher
  • what even is truth
    • View Profile
    • test
« Reply #103120 on: May 28, 2016, 01:59:55 pm »

I'm attracted to personalities!
I'm also attracted to particular physical characteristics, of course. I don't think I'll ever understand why someone with black hair would want to dye it blonde.

I'M NOT ALONE

And admittedly, my crush's body is aesthetically attractive, but that's doesn't comprise the crush. Another person in that body would equal no crush. Her in another body would probably equal crush.
Like many other people?
Which part are you referring to? The "attracted to personality" or the "attracted to crush's body somewhat?"

I don't really talk to people, so I wouldn't know if people are often attracted to personality, and not to someone's body as a primary determining attribute. So I felt kind of alone, because the small information I did have indicated that I was anomalous. Thus, I overreacted with teh happies when I saw that there were people without much physical sexual attraction.
Quote from: King James Programming
...Simplification leaves us with the black extra-cosmic gulfs it throws open before our frenzied eyes...
Quote from: Salvané Descocrates
The only difference between me and a fool is that I know that I know only that I think, therefore I am.
Sigtext!

TD1

• Bay Watcher
  • Childe Roland to the Dark Tower Came
    • View Profile
« Reply #103121 on: May 28, 2016, 02:05:30 pm »

I don't know. Personality is a primary determining factor with me (I think I may have high standards cause I've yet to find someone) but I'm not going to say that physical attraction isn't a big selling point too. In the end it comes down to standards, I suppose. Even if someone had a beautiful body and really wanted to go out with me, I wouldn't if they weren't the type of person I'd like.

Not that such a moral quandary has presented itself yet :P
« Last Edit: May 28, 2016, 02:12:12 pm by Th4DwArfY1 »
Life before death, strength before weakness, journey before destination
  TD1 has claimed the title of Penblessed the Endless Fountain of Epics!
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
  • Too old and stubborn to get a new avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #103122 on: May 28, 2016, 02:08:40 pm »

The whole point of a crush is that you found some aspect of them appealing and unique enough to fixate upon ... right?

Usually its physical.  just a little.  A style, a behavior, an attituide, how their butt shapes when they sit cross-legged.
Pisskop's Reblancing Mod - A C:DDA Mod to make life a little (lot) more brutal!
drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
PKs DF Mod!

TD1

• Bay Watcher
  • Childe Roland to the Dark Tower Came
    • View Profile
« Reply #103123 on: May 28, 2016, 02:11:23 pm »

I dunno. I've seen plenty of appealing butt-shapes, but never enough to amount to a crush. I just appreciate it when it's in front of me and then forget about it when it's not.
Life before death, strength before weakness, journey before destination
  TD1 has claimed the title of Penblessed the Endless Fountain of Epics!
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread

smirk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #103124 on: May 28, 2016, 02:12:06 pm »

one man and his memes against discrimination in science fiction

this is what a modern hero looks like
This might just be the most beautiful thing I've read all month. Godspeed, you filthy author.
When i think of toady i think of a toad hopping arround on a keyboard
also
he should stay out of the light it will dry out his skin
his moist amphibian skin
Pages: 1 ... 6873 6874 [6875] 6876 6877 ... 11037