Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 6783 6784 [6785] 6786 6787 ... 11039

Author Topic: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O  (Read 14422578 times)

Dozebôm Lolumzalěs

• Bay Watcher
  • what even is truth
    • View Profile
    • test
Re: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O
« Reply #101760 on: May 04, 2016, 06:47:27 pm »

My siblings are watching a VeggieTales video on bunnies or something.

I realize how similar the plot is to a Chick Tract.

Sure, the message, plot, intention, all that stuff is different. But the whole idea of "evil antireligion badguy does stuff to goodguys, Jesus saves goodguys with holymagic, badguys either repent or die b/c God" is the same.

Don't take this as flaming or hating. I'm just observing a similar structure in different texts... one of which is idiotic, yes, but I like how the VegTales episode says "do what you think is right." Message is great and fine.

Because seriously? I would not die for my beliefs. I would sing for the psychopath and then escape and report him to the police.

Spoiler: plot (click to show/hide)

Edit: It was a typo and an ironic spoiler. Except it's not ironic because it's the actual intended purpose of the spoiler button, although it's more commonly used for other purposes in these forums, to the point that spoilers have to be tagged with spoiler in addition to the spoiler button. wtf?
« Last Edit: May 04, 2016, 06:56:35 pm by Dozebôm Lolumzalěs »
Quote from: King James Programming
...Simplification leaves us with the black extra-cosmic gulfs it throws open before our frenzied eyes...
Quote from: Salvané Descocrates
The only difference between me and a fool is that I know that I know only that I think, therefore I am.
Sigtext!

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #101761 on: May 04, 2016, 06:52:06 pm »

you legitimately just ended a spoiler tag with [/sarcasm]

i mean i don't mind because it's a frigging veggietales spoiler but that's kinda funny

Furtuka

• Bay Watcher
  • High Priest of Mecha
    • View Profile
« Reply #101762 on: May 04, 2016, 07:06:11 pm »

Isn't that one supposed to be a modernized version of a story from the bible? I vaguely remember reading about that somewhere.
It's FEF, not FEOF

Orange Wizard

• Bay Watcher
  • mou ii yo
    • View Profile
    • S M U G
« Reply #101763 on: May 04, 2016, 07:09:09 pm »

Veggietales is hilarious, 10/10.
Please don't shitpost, it lowers the quality of discourse
Hard science is like a sword, and soft science is like fear. You can use both to equally powerful results, but even if your opponent disbelieve your stabs, they will still die.

Dozebôm Lolumzalěs

• Bay Watcher
  • what even is truth
    • View Profile
    • test
« Reply #101764 on: May 04, 2016, 07:10:00 pm »

Isn't that one supposed to be a modernized version of a story from the bible? I vaguely remember reading about that somewhere.

It still reads like one of Chick's nightmares. Remember the one where this guy with the hat that made his head look like a penis asked the evil Bobby to turn in his family for believing that Christ is the Son of GOD or something ridiculous like that?

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
...Simplification leaves us with the black extra-cosmic gulfs it throws open before our frenzied eyes...
The only difference between me and a fool is that I know that I know only that I think, therefore I am.
Sigtext!

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #101765 on: May 04, 2016, 07:14:46 pm »

Oooook... Now Yokai Watch has the ghost responsible for people suffering from heat stroke in hot tubs, drowning, and dying.

That is... Dark.

Goodness I'll stick to Pokémon which just has pokemon that floats people 100feet and then drops them to their death, or ones that drags children to hell.

I wonder what Pokémon you can catch in hell.

flabort

• Bay Watcher
  • Still a demilich, despite the 4e and 5e nerfs
    • View Profile
« Reply #101766 on: May 04, 2016, 07:15:45 pm »

Where do you think Yokai Watch is set? Obviously in Pokemon's Hell.
The Cyan Menace

Went away for a while, came back, went away for a while, and back for now.

Furtuka

• Bay Watcher
  • High Priest of Mecha
    • View Profile
« Reply #101767 on: May 04, 2016, 07:26:14 pm »

Uh just to make sure, you are aware that Yokai and their various types are an actual japanese folklore thing right?

...though now I'm curious. Does Yokai Watch have the giant skeleton born from mass graves that's literally fueled by burning hate in it?
« Last Edit: May 04, 2016, 07:31:46 pm by Furtuka »
It's FEF, not FEOF

endlessblaze

• Bay Watcher
  • likes dragons for their fiery breath
    • View Profile
« Reply #101768 on: May 04, 2016, 07:28:46 pm »

Oooook... Now Yokai Watch has the ghost responsible for people suffering from heat stroke in hot tubs, drowning, and dying.

That is... Dark.

Goodness I'll stick to Pokémon which just has pokemon that floats people 100feet and then drops them to their death, or ones that drags children to hell.

Don't forget the ones that burn your soul as fuel......we never see the fires not lit.
Kids make great meat shields.
I nominate endlessblaze as our chief military executive!

endlessblaze

• Bay Watcher
  • likes dragons for their fiery breath
    • View Profile
« Reply #101769 on: May 04, 2016, 07:28:47 pm »

-double post-
Kids make great meat shields.
I nominate endlessblaze as our chief military executive!

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #101770 on: May 04, 2016, 07:30:55 pm »

Aye, it is indeed.

Bunny worship guy is Nebuchadnezzar, who invited these three Jewish guys (Presumably the VeggieTales cast) to a big party or something.  At the big party or something, when there was a fanfare, all were to prostrate themselves and worship Nebuchadnezzar (or an idol, or something) or be thrown in a giant fire.  They didn't, but an angel saved them.

The end, etc.
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

Dozebôm Lolumzalěs

• Bay Watcher
  • what even is truth
    • View Profile
    • test
« Reply #101771 on: May 04, 2016, 07:34:54 pm »

Aye, it is indeed.

Bunny worship guy is Nebuchadnezzar, who invited these three Jewish guys (Presumably the VeggieTales cast) to a big party or something.  At the big party or something, when there was a fanfare, all were to prostrate themselves and worship Nebuchadnezzar (or an idol, or something) or be thrown in a giant fire.  They didn't, but an angel saved them.

The end, etc.

...and I wondered where Chick got his ideas...
Sigtext!

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #101772 on: May 04, 2016, 07:37:39 pm »

The Old Testament can get pretty weird sometimes, yeah.
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile
« Reply #101773 on: May 04, 2016, 07:39:32 pm »

Rack, Shack, and Benny work hard at chocolate factory. Bad factory owner capitalist (ow, my brain - shouldn't they be saying capitalism is good? how can christians argue that placing money above god is bad?[/sarcasm]) requires them to abandon God because he's an evil atheist or ignoramus, either way he's an evil psychopath. Throws them into furnace because they don't sing about how teh BUNNIE is the best thing ever, but God saves the day and evilignoramuspsychopath suddenly is saved by God and everybody dances.

Isn't this, like, LITERALLY, a Bible story? I mean, verbatim. Sounds like an adaptation about the tale of Nebuchedadnezzar throwing Daniel in an oven for not worshipping his god instead of the hebrew one

Edit: ninjaed
Everyone sucks at everything. Until they don't. Not sucking is a product of time invested.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #101774 on: May 04, 2016, 07:43:59 pm »

@ChairmanPoo:It wasn't Daniel, it was Shadrach, Mesach, and Abednego?  I'm going from memory on those spellings, but yeah.  I know they started with those letters at least.
Sigtext

Pages: 1 ... 6783 6784 [6785] 6786 6787 ... 11039