Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 6769 6770 [6771] 6772 6773 ... 11039

Author Topic: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O  (Read 14424376 times)

Dozebôm Lolumzalěs

• Bay Watcher
  • what even is truth
    • View Profile
    • test
Re: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O
« Reply #101550 on: April 29, 2016, 03:24:44 pm »

It's obviously a wiki-dictionary. Like a dictionary, but faster and less reliable. Like a cobbled-together rocket scooter.
Quote from: King James Programming
...Simplification leaves us with the black extra-cosmic gulfs it throws open before our frenzied eyes...
Quote from: Salvané Descocrates
The only difference between me and a fool is that I know that I know only that I think, therefore I am.
Sigtext!

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #101551 on: April 29, 2016, 03:33:23 pm »

@Frumple:Your link is broken.
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

Shadowlord

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #101552 on: April 29, 2016, 03:34:10 pm »

@Frumple:Your link is broken.

Damnit Gandalf!
<Dakkan> There are human laws, and then there are laws of physics. I don't bike in the city because of the second.
Dwarf Fortress Map Archive

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
  • Too old and stubborn to get a new avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #101553 on: April 29, 2016, 03:34:49 pm »

Not to be confused with the other Jacob's ladder.

Or the original Jacob's Ladder.
Or the fairly common toy.

It's also apparently a form of genital piercing. Thank you, wikipedia, I don't think I actually wanted to know that.

... though yeah, electrocuted for non-fatal shocks is. Very common? I'm pretty sure most english speakers wouldn't be particularly confused by that usage. Really, I'd guess that most would be more confused by using it strictly for fatal shocks than they would it being used more loosely.
Pisskop's Reblancing Mod - A C:DDA Mod to make life a little (lot) more brutal!
drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
PKs DF Mod!

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #101554 on: April 29, 2016, 03:44:08 pm »

Not to be confused with the other Jacob's ladder.

Or the original Jacob's Ladder.
Or the fairly common toy.

It's also apparently a form of genital piercing. Thank you, wikipedia, I don't think I actually wanted to know that.

... though yeah, electrocuted for non-fatal shocks is. Very common? I'm pretty sure most english speakers wouldn't be particularly confused by that usage. Really, I'd guess that most would be more confused by using it strictly for fatal shocks than they would it being used more loosely.
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #101555 on: April 29, 2016, 03:52:10 pm »

I just watched Meet The Feebles, one of Peter Jackson's early films, with a friend.
It was really great, but also pretty damn messed up. We watched his very first film, too. I also drank a lot of beer and goon and am having trouble typing. >.>
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #101556 on: April 29, 2016, 04:50:52 pm »

Started playing Shantae and the Pirate's Curse this morning. I've never actually played any of the Shantae games, but wow is it fanservicey. Like, how-did-this-game-get-an-E-rating fanservice. I did expect some, since it's a game about a half-genie bellydancer, but damn, some of this stuff is borderline explicit. For example, to access the first dungeon, you have to fill a pool of water for two college-age(I hope) girls who are vacationing on that island(spoiler: it's not water you fill it with, but a giant monster's saliva, but they don't need to know that). Once you fill it, both girls' shed their clothes(their conversation images for the scene are mid-strip - with bikinis underneath), and then after they get wet, sunlight reflects off their glistening bodies(described as such) to reveal a spell that opens the dungeon. While hot, this is pretty WTF-worthy given that any hint of sexuality tends to bump a game's age rating way up; the game is E10 if I remember correctly.

And now I may sound like a hypocrite here, but I also really want to see a make-out scene between Shantae and Risky.
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #101557 on: April 29, 2016, 04:53:38 pm »

Yeeaaah, it's got some cake. Want to say that bit is about the worst of it, though. Haven't actually played, but there's a full LP or two flapping about.

Also I'm preeeetty sure they've got that online. Don't recall if there's any actually animated, but, uh. Yeah.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

Reelya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #101558 on: April 29, 2016, 06:47:49 pm »

I just watched Meet The Feebles, one of Peter Jackson's early films, with a friend.
It was really great, but also pretty damn messed up. We watched his very first film, too. I also drank a lot of beer and goon and am having trouble typing. >.>
Yoink, go for the Trifecta: get hold of his 1992 horror movie Braindead (aka Dead Alive in the USA release).

After that one, he shifted to more serious stuff. Heavenly Creatures is good, but not the same sort of stuff as the earlier movies.

EDIT: His worst one was The Frighteners, starring Michael J Fox. This looks like his first real attempt to break into the US market. This one is completely skippable.
« Last Edit: April 29, 2016, 06:52:32 pm by Reelya »

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #101559 on: April 29, 2016, 06:49:53 pm »

Yoink, go for the Trifecta: get hold of his 1992 horror movie Braindead (aka Dead Alive in the USA release).

After that one, he shifted to more serious stuff. Heavenly Creatures is good, but not the same sort of stuff as the earlier movies.

"I kick arse for the Lord!"
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #101560 on: April 29, 2016, 07:08:41 pm »

'scuse the DP, but the Oakland Raiders just drafted a defensive end named Jihad Ward.

Why the fuck would you name your child Jihad?
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

A Thing

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm here for ya, kid.
    • View Profile
« Reply #101561 on: April 29, 2016, 07:14:25 pm »

'scuse the DP, but the Oakland Raiders just drafted a defensive end named Jihad Ward.

Why the fuck would you name your child Jihad?

Considering that his last name is ward, maybe they thought he might ward off Jihads with the name?
Wasteland 1 & 2
"Power Couple: Markus Athing & Cyborg 45"

Makes me curious, can cyborgs have future babies too?
On the offchance they can, I know who I want my daddy to be
(finished)Age of Decadence

Orange Wizard

• Bay Watcher
  • mou ii yo
    • View Profile
    • S M U G
« Reply #101562 on: April 29, 2016, 07:36:06 pm »

His parents were either Muslim or stupid. It's the sort of name that would be rejected in sensible countries.
Please don't shitpost, it lowers the quality of discourse
Hard science is like a sword, and soft science is like fear. You can use both to equally powerful results, but even if your opponent disbelieve your stabs, they will still die.

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #101563 on: April 29, 2016, 07:37:26 pm »

Jihad ain't that weird. It's like naming your child chastity or something.

also

hector13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #101564 on: April 29, 2016, 07:39:37 pm »

His parents were either Muslim or stupid. It's the sort of name that would be rejected in sensible countries.

He's an American football player :-\

Pages: 1 ... 6769 6770 [6771] 6772 6773 ... 11039