Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 6724 6725 [6726] 6727 6728 ... 11040

Author Topic: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O  (Read 14457727 times)

TD1

• Bay Watcher
  • Childe Roland to the Dark Tower Came
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O
« Reply #100875 on: April 20, 2016, 12:43:13 pm »

Everyone here can admit traditions are well and dandy (I assume.) It's when there are hurtful traditions that things become more cloudy, especially when such traditions leak from the religious to secular sphere - in other words, we are less likely to ban an inhumane practice if it goes against someone's "religion." Personally, letting religion determine law seems a bad idea.
Life before death, strength before weakness, journey before destination
  TD1 has claimed the title of Penblessed the Endless Fountain of Epics!
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread

EnigmaticHat

• Bay Watcher
  • I vibrate, I die, I vibrate again
    • View Profile
« Reply #100876 on: April 20, 2016, 02:17:12 pm »

Stomach was upset and I have a 5 hour flight coming.  Since I have acid reflux and I don't look forward the idea of 5 hours of burnt throat, I decided to take an antiacid.  I'm used to tums but I put them in my carry on by accident so I bought the only thing available at my terminal, a tiny pack of 2 alka seltzers.  They did not have usage instructions on the front (turned out they were on the tiny text on the packet inside the outer packaging that contained the pills).  But they looked like tums so I decided to take the same way, which is chewing them.

That may be the most disgusting thing I've ever put in my mouth.  Kind of funny tho, unfortunately I almost puked and I think I burnt my throat a little that way :/
"T-take this non-euclidean geometry, h-humanity-baka. I m-made it, but not because I l-li-l-like you or anything! I just felt s-sorry for you, b-baka."
You misspelled seance.  Are possessing Draignean?  Are you actually a ghost in the shell? You have to tell us if you are, that's the rule

Shadowlord

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #100877 on: April 20, 2016, 02:23:39 pm »

Aren't you supposed to drop those in a glass of water, let them dissolve, and then drink it?

My only source is my memory of 90s commercials.  :P
<Dakkan> There are human laws, and then there are laws of physics. I don't bike in the city because of the second.
Dwarf Fortress Map Archive

MrRoboto75

• Bay Watcher
  • Belongs in the Trash!
    • View Profile
« Reply #100878 on: April 20, 2016, 02:33:19 pm »

"entry level"

"Five years experience in [yadda yadda yadda]"

I guess words mean nothing in the job market, then again they tend to spurt words like "Synergy" like they couldn't be more vague.
I consume
I purchase
I consume again

GiglameshDespair

• Bay Watcher
  • Beware! Once I have posted, your thread is doomed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #100879 on: April 20, 2016, 02:50:36 pm »

Synergise your five years work experience with your entry level position to boost productivity and innovation to open new markets
You fool. Don't you understand?
No one wishes to go on...

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #100880 on: April 20, 2016, 02:59:38 pm »

"entry level"

"Five years experience in [yadda yadda yadda]"

I guess words mean nothing in the job market, then again they tend to spurt words like "Synergy" like they couldn't be more vague.
The job market knows exactly what it wants (not entry-level job people), but it will tell you the job is entry-level anyway!
It likes to infuriate people like that. ::)
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #100881 on: April 20, 2016, 03:07:52 pm »

Aren't you supposed to drop those in a glass of water, let them dissolve, and then drink it?

My only source is my memory of 90s commercials.  :P
Yeah, you are.
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

Solifuge

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #100882 on: April 20, 2016, 03:12:49 pm »

Almost completely sliced a layer off my finger tip off while cutting a package open with a utility knife. A fair bit of my finger print included. Got it iodined and bandaged in medical tape and all that... but I've never just not felt a cut like that.

It hurt a bit in the first instant, but then nothing. I think my nerves are all intact, and the blood scabbed the layer back on no problem... but it was weird. Guess it was a clean cut?

BlackHeartKabal

• Bay Watcher
  • You are doomed, doomed, I tell you!
    • View Profile
« Reply #100883 on: April 20, 2016, 03:23:05 pm »

A fair bit of my finger print included.
Commit a crime.
In all seriousness, ouch. I hope that heals up well.

Kot

• Bay Watcher
  • 2 Patriotic 4 U
    • View Profile
    • Tiny Pixel Soldiers
« Reply #100884 on: April 20, 2016, 03:25:22 pm »

Kot finishes his morning routine in the same way he always does, by burning a scale replica of Saint Basil's Cathedral on the windowsill.

Sonlirain

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
"If you make something idiot proof, someone will just make a better idiot."
Self promotion below.
I have a mostly dead youtube channel.

Dozebôm Lolumzalìs

• Bay Watcher
  • what even is truth
    • View Profile
    • test
« Reply #100886 on: April 20, 2016, 04:22:44 pm »

Good grief. I turn away for a few days and I come back to... Hitler, because Godwin's Law now applies to WTFs.

Spoiler: on creationism (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: on animal cruelty (click to show/hide)
Quote from: King James Programming
...Simplification leaves us with the black extra-cosmic gulfs it throws open before our frenzied eyes...
Quote from: Salvané Descocrates
The only difference between me and a fool is that I know that I know only that I think, therefore I am.
Sigtext!

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #100887 on: April 20, 2016, 04:30:21 pm »

iirc, evolution is more well-understood than gravity

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

Tawa

• Bay Watcher
  • the first mankind all over the world
    • View Profile
« Reply #100888 on: April 20, 2016, 04:34:44 pm »

Spoiler: Relevant (click to show/hide)
I don't use Bay12 much anymore. PM me if you need to get in touch with me and I'll send you my Discord handle.

Shadowlord

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #100889 on: April 20, 2016, 04:36:23 pm »

Did the cake thing get mentioned here yet?

“Pastor Brown never asked for this to happen,” Brown’s attorney, Austin Kaplan, said in a statement Monday. “He continues to be overwhelmed by the feelings of pain, anguish, and humiliation because of this incident. … He frequently shopped at Whole Foods, which makes this all the more shocking and disappointing. What really concerns him is knowing that unless some action is taken, this kind of thing could happen again, and that someone else might have to go through a similarly excruciating experience.”

Whole Foods, founded in Austin in 1980, first denied writing the message.

“The team member wrote ‘Love Wins’ at the top of the cake as requested by the guest and that’s exactly how the cake was packaged and sold at the store,” the company said in a statement. “Our team members do not accept or design bakery orders that include language or images that are offensive. Whole Foods Market has a zero tolerance policy for discrimination. We stand behind our bakery team member, who is part of the LGBTQ community, and the additional team members from the store, who confirmed the cake was decorated with only the message ‘Love Wins.’”

Then it announced Tuesday that it is countersuing Jordan and his counsel, as the Statesman newspaper noted. The suit claimed Brown “intentionally, knowingly and falsely accused Whole Foods and its employees of writing the homophobic slur … on a custom made cake that he ordered from WFM’s Lamar Store in Austin.”

“After a deeper investigation of Mr. Brown’s claim, we believe his accusations are fraudulent and we intend to take legal action against both Mr. Brown and his attorney,” the company wrote in a statement that laid out its case as follows:

• “Our bakery team member wrote ‘Love Wins’ at the top of the cake, which was visible to Mr. Brown through the clear portion of the packaging. That’s exactly how the cake was packaged and sold at the store. Whole Foods Market has a strict policy that prohibits team members from accepting or designing bakery orders that include language or images that are offensive.
  • “Mr. Brown admits that he was in sole possession and control of the cake until he posted his video, which showed the UPC label on the bottom and side of the box.
  • “After reviewing our security footage of Mr. Brown, it’s clear that the UPC label was in fact on top of the cake box, not on the side of the package. This is evident as the cashier scans the UPC code on top of the box.”
Whole Foods posted the security footage online. A man that looks like Brown can be seen paying at the register at the bottom right.

Meanwhile, the Internet wondered why Brown did not see the message when he first picked up the cake.

“Sorry, I can’t believe you bought a cake with a custom message and did not see it through the window,” one YouTube commenter wrote. “Feels like a scam. I’m straight and they call me a f-g all the time. No big deal. Who did it? I think you did it.”

On the Church of Open Doors’ Facebook page, a purported cake decorator even attempted to deconstruct the design.

“That cake was obviously altered,” the commenter wrote. “As a cake decorator I spotted the covered up ‘purple’ icing immediately, on the original lettering that said ‘LOVE WINS’ The piping on the ADDED ON word ‘F-G’ wasn’t even the same TIP size as the original lettering … He obviously thought media coverage would be in his favor! Probably thought he would get rich and famous!”

Summary:

If the pastor is telling the truth: Pastor orders cake with "LOVE WINS" on it. Picks it up. Does not notice "FAG" also written on it through the large clear window in the top of the box. Checkout person scans the top of the box, where there is no UPC in the pastor's picture and video of the unopened cake -- waitaminute --

If whole foods is telling the truth: Pastor orders cake with "LOVE WINS" on it. Picks it up. Pays for it, with the UPC on top being scanned. Removes the UPC and unseals the box. Uses a different color frosting to write over the originally purple lettering, then uses the same color to write FAG in the center, so that the writing is all the same color. Doesn't pay attention to the size of the lettering, how thin and flat the added word looks compared to the words he traced over. Re-seals the box, but puts the UPC on the side instead of the top... Then records a video accusing Whole Foods of adding the word "FAG" to his cake, and sues for infliction of emotional distress.

TL;DR if the summary was TOO LONG: Or, to quote Obi-Wan, "You have done that yourself!"
<Dakkan> There are human laws, and then there are laws of physics. I don't bike in the city because of the second.
Dwarf Fortress Map Archive
Pages: 1 ... 6724 6725 [6726] 6727 6728 ... 11040