Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 6716 6717 [6718] 6719 6720 ... 11040

Author Topic: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O  (Read 14461229 times)

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O
« Reply #100755 on: April 18, 2016, 03:27:28 pm »

Ace Combat is legitimately one of my favorite game series. Assassin's Creed is shit.

Tawa

• Bay Watcher
  • the first mankind all over the world
    • View Profile
« Reply #100756 on: April 18, 2016, 03:35:00 pm »

Animal Crossing is always fun.
I don't use Bay12 much anymore. PM me if you need to get in touch with me and I'll send you my Discord handle.

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
« Reply #100757 on: April 18, 2016, 03:51:48 pm »

Funny, I never beat AC2: Another Age(which is an expansion? Different game?). I think I got to the last story mission(a fight against a Martian-based Raven you helped infiltrate in a previous mission, I think) and tried(and got stomped by) some of the extra missions. I did beat AC3, I found it much easier. I have both on the PS2.

I just vacuumed my room after about half a year of neglect. Actually, I only managed to vacuum about 25% of the floor space because I have so little room to maneuver the vacuum cleaner. The resulting bag of dirt weighed a couple of pounds. Luckily that was the worst of it.
Okay c'mon, you can't just say "AC". There's too many franchises with that abbreviation.
http://lmgtfy.com/?q=ac2+another+age

Calidovi

• Bay Watcher
  • agnus dei
    • View Profile
« Reply #100758 on: April 18, 2016, 05:15:01 pm »

I remember trying to play Ace Combat on the PS2 as a 5-6 year old.

I was fucking traumatized because I was (EDIT: and still am)
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: April 18, 2016, 05:24:35 pm by Laptisen »

Furtuka

• Bay Watcher
  • High Priest of Mecha
    • View Profile
« Reply #100759 on: April 18, 2016, 05:19:12 pm »

I remember trying to play Ace Combat on the PS2 as a 5-6 year old.

I was fucking traumatized because I was
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
*GASP*
It's FEF, not FEOF

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #100760 on: April 18, 2016, 05:20:24 pm »

Huh.

I distinctly remember Ace Combat 6 making me feel like I was way better at games than I actually way. Some of those missions were absolutely balls-to-the-wall insane.

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #100761 on: April 18, 2016, 06:22:04 pm »

Ace Combat is easy as fuck. I S-ranked AC5 on Ace pretty handily, and one of the S-ranks there requires you to actually kill the group of ~16 enemy superplanes that the mission goal says to run away from.

Maybe that's because I've been playing those games for actually longer than I remember, though, so the whole two-joystick flying thing comes naturally to me.

That reminds me of the first time I got my hands on the dogfight mode in Battlefront 3. I demolished. I mean, if I remember correctly I had half the team's points by the end, on a team of, like 5?? I was in an A-wing the whole time, didn't bother to grab any hero units.

Dozebôm Lolumzalìs

• Bay Watcher
  • what even is truth
    • View Profile
    • test
« Reply #100762 on: April 18, 2016, 06:29:17 pm »

HOW CAN PEOPLE BE SO STUPID

HOW LONG HAVE WE HAD CONCLUSIVE EVIDENCE THAT EVOLUTION IS PRETTY MUCH A THING NOW

HOW LONG HAVE THESE IDIOTS BEEN ARGUING AGAINST EVOLUTION

Any website that claims there is any kind of scientific debate over evolution is a creationist site IN SECRET. and I AM TIRED OF THEM.
Quote from: King James Programming
...Simplification leaves us with the black extra-cosmic gulfs it throws open before our frenzied eyes...
Quote from: Salvané Descocrates
The only difference between me and a fool is that I know that I know only that I think, therefore I am.
Sigtext!

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
  • Too old and stubborn to get a new avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #100763 on: April 18, 2016, 06:35:40 pm »

:|

Hoo there intolerant dogmatic forumbro.
Pisskop's Reblancing Mod - A C:DDA Mod to make life a little (lot) more brutal!
drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
PKs DF Mod!

TD1

• Bay Watcher
  • Childe Roland to the Dark Tower Came
    • View Profile
« Reply #100764 on: April 18, 2016, 06:36:43 pm »

It's just people trying to keep God's box bigger than it currently is. When it comes to faith, people become rather tenacious. Give it some time, and it'll be educated out of them. I hope.

:|

Hoo there intolerant dogmatic forumbro.

The sky is not blue, it is constantly silver. (I had green, but green seemed too close to blue to give the point.)

Tolerate that as my view point :P
« Last Edit: April 18, 2016, 06:38:19 pm by Th4DwArfY1 »
Life before death, strength before weakness, journey before destination
  TD1 has claimed the title of Penblessed the Endless Fountain of Epics!
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
  • Too old and stubborn to get a new avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #100765 on: April 18, 2016, 06:39:25 pm »

aye.

I find it much better to discuss morality and other meta-y stuffs.  Right now the sky is orange anyway :b
Pisskop's Reblancing Mod - A C:DDA Mod to make life a little (lot) more brutal!
drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
PKs DF Mod!

Orange Wizard

• Bay Watcher
  • mou ii yo
    • View Profile
    • S M U G
« Reply #100766 on: April 18, 2016, 06:43:15 pm »

HOW LONG HAVE THESE IDIOTS BEEN ARGUING AGAINST EVOLUTION
Not terribly long, actually. For most of its existence Christianity as a whole has been pretty much on board with scientific advances. It's only fairly recently (read: post-reformation) that a small number of hardline conservatives have cropped up demanding that we throw out science because it contradicts the word of God.
Then they all went to America and started breeding. The States' shitty school system doesn't do much to help.

The sky is not blue, it is constantly silver.
Eh. At least creationists have a basis for their ideas. I mean, stringent Biblical literalism isn't a very good basis, but it's more than "I decided to say the sky's silver to be contrary".
Please don't shitpost, it lowers the quality of discourse
Hard science is like a sword, and soft science is like fear. You can use both to equally powerful results, but even if your opponent disbelieve your stabs, they will still die.

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #100767 on: April 18, 2016, 06:57:57 pm »

The sky is not blue, it is constantly silver.
Only in the UK, mate :P
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

Tawa

• Bay Watcher
  • the first mankind all over the world
    • View Profile
« Reply #100768 on: April 18, 2016, 06:58:46 pm »

-snip-
I leave you the advice that this is an irritating, dangerous, and unfulfilling road to trek down. Talking down loonies is A) nigh-impossible and B) rarely worth the effort.

I've been there, though, and most certainly agree that antiscience "crusaders" are irritating. I just try to ignore them now, usually works out. Not like some random internet post along the lines of 'evolution is a lie!!!!! repent sinners" is going to lead to some kind of catastrophic sociopolitical spiral.

...on a totally unrelated note, have you always been a girl? I could've sworn your profile said "male" last time I checked. Not that there's anything wrong with that.
I don't use Bay12 much anymore. PM me if you need to get in touch with me and I'll send you my Discord handle.

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #100769 on: April 18, 2016, 07:04:00 pm »

One argument against evolution was that Carbon-14 dating is supposedly only accurate to about 70,000 years(I do not know if this part is true or not)(50,000, according to Wikipedia), meaning it should be impossible to get an accurate date on dinosaur fossils that are 65+ million years old.

Said arguer was trying to push forth creationism... despite the fact that the widest accurate dating is still several times that than the supposed age of Creation.
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.
Pages: 1 ... 6716 6717 [6718] 6719 6720 ... 11040