Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 6715 6716 [6717] 6718 6719 ... 11040

Author Topic: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O  (Read 14462046 times)

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O
« Reply #100740 on: April 17, 2016, 07:53:14 pm »

I'd say the early episodes were a little weak, at least I didn't enjoy them that much, stopped watching actually the first time I tried to go though them, ended up skipping the first episode the next time I watched.
I don't know, I thought the first episode was amazing.
I could go into detail about the scenes that had me laughing out loud, but I'd rather not spoil it for anyone who hasn't seen it.
There were definitely a good few of those, though. :))

Now you're making me kinda worried that the show's going to become less entertaining soon... I've only watched the first six or so so far.
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

SOLDIER First

• Bay Watcher
  • Trans fucking rights, baby.
    • View Profile
« Reply #100741 on: April 17, 2016, 07:53:23 pm »

Why'd you link the Goofy Goober Rock from the Spongebob movie?
Black lives matter.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #100742 on: April 17, 2016, 09:37:29 pm »

Watching intense internet drama involving someone on the other side of the world, who you've never met or really communicated with apart from a few comments on social media and don't really know at all apart from a vague idea of their interests, is weirdly entertaining yet unpleasant at the same time.

Before you ask, no, this isn't anyone I know from Bay12.
Nor is it anything particularly interesting. It's just strange how this makes me feel given that it's some total stranger who I don't really know at all. I guess it's similar to hearing bad news about a Youtuber or livestreamer you watch regularly? Except I don't think I've ever actually watched any of this guy's videos, haha. Weird. I feel a strange craving for popcorn.   
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #100743 on: April 17, 2016, 10:20:44 pm »

@Caroline:You should see a doctor if it happens again.  I honestly would have gone for a checkup if that happened at all because that just can't possibly be good.

But I'm glad you're at least not feeling bad now.
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #100744 on: April 18, 2016, 12:13:09 am »

So I was twiddling my fingers today and staring at my hands as I did so.
I suddenly started feeling dizzy, and the dizziness intensified. Then, for almost an entire second, I felt an extreme sense of confusion and everything started blurring sideways really quickly. I'm not sure how to describe it--it was like in some movies where loud noises make your vision slowly sepparate and you see double before things snap back together, combined with some form of fast earthquake that moves from one side to another, if you were shaking your head violently as this occurred. I was left thoroughly confused. I'm pretty sure there was no earthquake, since no one reacted at all, and I was definitey completely still when it happened.

I feel so certain that I experienced it, but it was so otherworldy I can't tell if it legit happened or if it was just something my brain came up with to fill up or explain that second of heavy confusion and nausea I experienced.
I may be overthinking it all, but it seriously freaked me out.
At best, go to a doctor and talk about it ._. These things do happen, but they seem like it's something otherworldly because it really affects your senses (Personal perceptions). Maybe it can come from hunger, or many other factors like sleep deprivation, stress, pressure, or otherwise. Tingly feelings and other symptoms you may notice is also something to bring up if ever. :O

Orange Wizard

• Bay Watcher
  • mou ii yo
    • View Profile
    • S M U G
« Reply #100745 on: April 18, 2016, 12:46:04 am »

That sort of dizziness/nausea can happen for a number of reasons AFAIK. It's probably not serious, but best to speak to a doctor if it happens again.
General things are to make sure you're eating, sleeping, and drinking plenty of water.
Stress is a thing, but I can't help at all with that (unless you want to PM me about whatever).
Illness and infections are possible. Dizziness might indicate something with the inner ear, so again, chat to a doctor. It can also happen in conjunction with a fever if you've got a cold or the 'flu.

E: Oh yeah, it could also be a side effect of some medication, but you haven't said anything like that so vov.
Please don't shitpost, it lowers the quality of discourse
Hard science is like a sword, and soft science is like fear. You can use both to equally powerful results, but even if your opponent disbelieve your stabs, they will still die.

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #100746 on: April 18, 2016, 12:35:37 pm »

I tried playing Armored Core 2 again.

L2 is look up. R2 is look up. Movement and looking are clunky. The worst part is, I'm pretty sure it's fair and fully possible to play it in an effective way.

Lord Shonus

• Bay Watcher
  • Angle of Death
    • View Profile
« Reply #100747 on: April 18, 2016, 02:05:59 pm »

From Software took forever to put a decent control scheme into the AC franchise. It's still better than some of the Dark Souls control bindings.
On Giant In the Playground and Something Awful I am Gnoman.
Man, ninja'd by a potentially inebriated Lord Shonus. I was gonna say to burn it.

Sonlirain

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #100748 on: April 18, 2016, 02:07:48 pm »

I bought an "american style tuna salad".
I failed to find any tuna inside as the contents were literally just:
Corn
Green Peas
Tomato
Black olives.
The salad was surprisingly tasty for what it was and had a slight "fishy" aftertaste so i guess there was some brine in there.

Well america is more known for "No fish will ever touch my grill" than tuna salads so it makes sense in hindsight.
"If you make something idiot proof, someone will just make a better idiot."
Self promotion below.
I have a mostly dead youtube channel.

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile
« Reply #100749 on: April 18, 2016, 02:09:01 pm »

The "american style" involves removing the actual fish.
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #100750 on: April 18, 2016, 02:09:51 pm »

Funny, I never beat AC2: Another Age(which is an expansion? Different game?). I think I got to the last story mission(a fight against a Martian-based Raven you helped infiltrate in a previous mission, I think) and tried(and got stomped by) some of the extra missions. I did beat AC3, I found it much easier. I have both on the PS2.

I just vacuumed my room after about half a year of neglect. Actually, I only managed to vacuum about 25% of the floor space because I have so little room to maneuver the vacuum cleaner. The resulting bag of dirt weighed a couple of pounds. Luckily that was the worst of it.
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

itisnotlogical

• Bay Watcher
  • might be dat boi
    • View Profile
« Reply #100751 on: April 18, 2016, 02:10:39 pm »

I bought an "american style tuna salad".
I failed to find any tuna inside as the contents were literally just:
Corn
Green Peas
Tomato
Black olives.
The salad was surprisingly tasty for what it was and had a slight "fishy" aftertaste so i guess there was some brine in there.

Well america is more known for "No fish will ever touch my grill" than tuna salads so it makes sense in hindsight.

Your first mistake was buying any ready-to-eat boxed meal in America that isn't a Lunchable. :P

I mean, some TV dinners are alright, if you have a stomach for pleasurable garbage. But I find that's a rare taste (as in I'm the only one that has it).
This game is Curtain Fire Shooting Game.
Girls do their best now and are preparing. Please watch warmly until it is ready.

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #100752 on: April 18, 2016, 02:22:12 pm »

Funny, I never beat AC2: Another Age(which is an expansion? Different game?). I think I got to the last story mission(a fight against a Martian-based Raven you helped infiltrate in a previous mission, I think) and tried(and got stomped by) some of the extra missions. I did beat AC3, I found it much easier. I have both on the PS2.

I just vacuumed my room after about half a year of neglect. Actually, I only managed to vacuum about 25% of the floor space because I have so little room to maneuver the vacuum cleaner. The resulting bag of dirt weighed a couple of pounds. Luckily that was the worst of it.
Okay c'mon, you can't just say "AC". There's too many franchises with that abbreviation.
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

Shadowlord

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #100753 on: April 18, 2016, 02:25:29 pm »

Okay c'mon, you can't just say "AC". There's too many franchises with that abbreviation.

He must be from another universe where Alpha Centauri has a sequel.
<Dakkan> There are human laws, and then there are laws of physics. I don't bike in the city because of the second.
Dwarf Fortress Map Archive

Dozebôm Lolumzalės

• Bay Watcher
  • what even is truth
    • View Profile
    • test
« Reply #100754 on: April 18, 2016, 02:28:54 pm »

Armoured Core. It's like seven eight seven from your post posts up.
Quote from: King James Programming
...Simplification leaves us with the black extra-cosmic gulfs it throws open before our frenzied eyes...
Quote from: Salvané Descocrates
The only difference between me and a fool is that I know that I know only that I think, therefore I am.
Sigtext!
Pages: 1 ... 6715 6716 [6717] 6718 6719 ... 11040