Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 6694 6695 [6696] 6697 6698 ... 11040

Author Topic: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O  (Read 14443999 times)

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O
« Reply #100425 on: April 12, 2016, 04:04:22 pm »

I think a local... place? Had it playing sometimes. Like, the skating rink or something similar. Maybe they played it as one of the sort of upbeat songs for assemblies or something.

Dozebôm Lolumzalìs

• Bay Watcher
  • what even is truth
    • View Profile
    • test
« Reply #100426 on: April 12, 2016, 04:44:31 pm »

I go up to this guy for an assignment. He's a fellow high school student, but I don't know him. As my stupidly simple research assignment requires, I ask him "what's the scariest thing you've ever done?"

He replies "Ur mom kekekeke."

Seriously? I feel older than half the students there, and I'm a bloody freshman.
Quote from: King James Programming
...Simplification leaves us with the black extra-cosmic gulfs it throws open before our frenzied eyes...
Quote from: Salvané Descocrates
The only difference between me and a fool is that I know that I know only that I think, therefore I am.
Sigtext!

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #100427 on: April 12, 2016, 04:51:15 pm »

I go up to this guy for an assignment. He's a fellow high school student, but I don't know him. As my stupidly simple research assignment requires, I ask him "what's the scariest thing you've ever done?"

Seriously? I feel older than half the students there, and I'm a bloody freshman.

I think a lot of people felt like that in high school.
Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #100428 on: April 12, 2016, 05:00:58 pm »

I think a lot of people felt like that in high school.

Hoo boy, yeah.

Actually, I still feel like that. The only peers I have that don't trigger that response are a handful of the adult professionals in my graduate program. It's to the point that, when forced to play with randoms in a teamwork-centric game, I actually am more likely to group with kids in that 13-15 range when playing games that necessitate teamwork and voice comms because it's exactly the same as playing with 20-somethings except with a narrower range of stupid jokes and dumb habits that are easier to manage with a little social engineering.

That's the real secret to life: most people generally stop maturing at around sixteen or seventeen; everything past that point is just them learning to hide it better. It's not helped by the modern notion that childhood effectively lasts until you're almost thirty, because by that point most of those dumb childish habits are too deeply ingrained to uproot. Managers have to deal with the exact same stuff as public school teachers: lazy semi-sociopathic shitheads who play on their phones and gossip instead of doing what they're supposed to be doing, who look at you like retarded puppies when they're punished for fucking up.

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

itisnotlogical

• Bay Watcher
  • might be dat boi
    • View Profile
« Reply #100429 on: April 12, 2016, 05:20:05 pm »

Accidentally clicked the "Last post" thing, so it was sorting threads with the oldest replies first.

It's very weird to read threads that have been dead for eight years, seeing forumites that have moved on, most of which appear to have been gone since before I arrived here, a handful still prominent personalities here in GD. Apparently there was a time when there wasn't even subforums here, since there's an ancient Games You Wish Existed thread that was apparently in a Dwarf Fortress section of the site.

Reading old internet stuff is surreal, no matter the context.
This game is Curtain Fire Shooting Game.
Girls do their best now and are preparing. Please watch warmly until it is ready.

TheDarkStar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #100430 on: April 12, 2016, 06:01:16 pm »

Accidentally clicked the "Last post" thing, so it was sorting threads with the oldest replies first.

It's very weird to read threads that have been dead for eight years, seeing forumites that have moved on, most of which appear to have been gone since before I arrived here, a handful still prominent personalities here in GD. Apparently there was a time when there wasn't even subforums here, since there's an ancient Games You Wish Existed thread that was apparently in a Dwarf Fortress section of the site.

...woah, some of the people in that thread have been here a long time.
Don't die; it's bad for your health!

it happened it happened it happen im so hyped to actually get attacked now

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #100431 on: April 12, 2016, 06:04:46 pm »

...woah, some of the people in that thread have been here a long time.
Yeah, that's old...
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

Cryxis, Prince of Doom

• Bay Watcher
  • Achievment *Fail freshman year uni*
    • View Profile
« Reply #100432 on: April 12, 2016, 06:52:01 pm »

The point of the WTF was that the teacher was saying the RQ-170 (a modern stealth plane made for/by America IIRC) was a Russian copy of the B-29 (an old American bomber), furthermore she also began staying that it was ineffective because the Russians recreated it with too much metal and that their model was too heavy to fly...
Fueled by caffeine, nicotine, and a surprisingly low will to live.
Cryxis makes the best typos.

Baffler

• Bay Watcher
  • Caveat Lector.
    • View Profile
« Reply #100433 on: April 12, 2016, 06:53:06 pm »

Dammit that wasn't true, I always mix up the last active and local time...
« Last Edit: April 12, 2016, 06:55:07 pm by Baffler »
Quote from: Helgoland
Even if you found a suitable opening, I doubt it would prove all too satisfying. And it might leave some nasty wounds, depending on the moral high ground's geology.
Location subject to periodic change.
Baffler likes silver, walnut trees, the color green, tanzanite, and dogs for their loyalty. When possible he prefers to consume beef, iced tea, and cornbread. He absolutely detests ticks.

itisnotlogical

• Bay Watcher
  • might be dat boi
    • View Profile
« Reply #100434 on: April 12, 2016, 06:54:32 pm »

Most of those guys registered in 06-7. In '06 I didn't even know what a forum was.

Holy shit my childhood is behind me.
Girls do their best now and are preparing. Please watch warmly until it is ready.

Dozebôm Lolumzalìs

• Bay Watcher
  • what even is truth
    • View Profile
    • test
« Reply #100435 on: April 12, 2016, 07:02:38 pm »

In '06 I was.. learning to read at the ripe old age of 4.

WHAT HAVE YOU DONE, 14-YEAR OLD JWOOD? I LEARNED TO READ. WHAT DID YOU DO THIS YEAR?!

Edit: Wait a sec, that's in this board! Not the upper boards!
« Last Edit: April 12, 2016, 07:04:49 pm by Dozebôm Lolumzalìs »
Quote from: King James Programming
...Simplification leaves us with the black extra-cosmic gulfs it throws open before our frenzied eyes...
Quote from: Salvané Descocrates
The only difference between me and a fool is that I know that I know only that I think, therefore I am.
Sigtext!

Orange Wizard

• Bay Watcher
  • mou ii yo
    • View Profile
    • S M U G
« Reply #100436 on: April 12, 2016, 07:04:09 pm »

Holy shit there's a lot of bureaucracy in applying for a benefit now. Bank statements six months in arrears, detailed evidence of making multiple job applications per day, extensive information on past employment...

I actually have to hand it to the people who manage to live on the dole - working full-time is less effort than this.
Please don't shitpost, it lowers the quality of discourse
Hard science is like a sword, and soft science is like fear. You can use both to equally powerful results, but even if your opponent disbelieve your stabs, they will still die.

Emma

• Bay Watcher
  • Romace plots aren't actually that bad
    • View Profile
« Reply #100437 on: April 12, 2016, 08:21:28 pm »

2006 was back when I still thought Microsoft Excel was a computer game  :P
It isn't?

itisnotlogical

• Bay Watcher
  • might be dat boi
    • View Profile
« Reply #100438 on: April 12, 2016, 08:27:41 pm »

I used to have fun "racing" by opening the start menu and holding the up key. Oh, how easily amused a four-year-old is... That would have been in 2001-2.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #100439 on: April 12, 2016, 08:30:37 pm »

Fackin' bairns. In '06 I think I enrolled in university as a 19yr old.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.
Pages: 1 ... 6694 6695 [6696] 6697 6698 ... 11040