Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 6618 6619 [6620] 6621 6622 ... 11037

Author Topic: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O  (Read 14469068 times)

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O
« Reply #99285 on: March 26, 2016, 10:51:26 pm »

How can people be that inept? Don't they get taught basic cooking in school?
Not all schools, no.
And not that effectively.
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #99286 on: March 26, 2016, 10:53:58 pm »

Home Ec was "for girls"
Belatedly realizing that that was bullshit was one of the things that... informed my current position on gender roles.
I have a lot of respect for the guys that took that class, knowing how they looked...
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

BlackFlyme

• Bay Watcher
  • BlackFlyme cancels Work: Interrupted by bird.
    • View Profile
« Reply #99287 on: March 26, 2016, 10:54:38 pm »

My mom knows how to cook. So does her ex-boyfriend. I don't think he knows baking stuff, though.

Bauglir

• Bay Watcher
  • Let us make Good
    • View Profile
« Reply #99288 on: March 26, 2016, 11:07:09 pm »

My mom's ex-boyfriend is trying to bake something with the help of his friend. They are looking at YouTube how-to videos. They are failing miserably.

My mom is trying to help.

They've burnt several bowls already. I just heard one of them shout "That's not butter; that's spaghetti sauce!"

I think they've given up, since they are talking about just making Kraft Dinner instead (Mac & Cheese, for those unfamiliar with the brand). Also asking if a crock-pot can be used for baking.
In the days when Sussman was a novice, Minsky once came to him as he sat hacking at the PDP-6.
“What are you doing?”, asked Minsky. “I am training a randomly wired neural net to play Tic-Tac-Toe” Sussman replied. “Why is the net wired randomly?”, asked Minsky. “I do not want it to have any preconceptions of how to play”, Sussman said.
Minsky then shut his eyes. “Why do you close your eyes?”, Sussman asked his teacher.
“So that the room will be empty.”
At that moment, Sussman was enlightened.

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #99289 on: March 26, 2016, 11:20:40 pm »

Home Ec was "for girls"
Belatedly realizing that that was bullshit was one of the things that... informed my current position on gender roles.
I have a lot of respect for the guys that took that class, knowing how they looked...
My high school didn't offer either Home Ec or Shop Class. Both should, IMO, be mandatory. If you're so damned incompetent or ignorant that you can't fry an egg, use a laundry machine, or fix a broken step, you shouldn't be allowed out into the world. :I

That was genuinely the most pathetic thing I saw at my undergrad school, the guys in their twenties who either drove their laundry home on weekends or called their girlfriends over to help them because they didn't know how to set a laundry machine. And I saw a lot of goddamn pathetic stuff there.

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #99290 on: March 27, 2016, 01:58:13 am »

I've recently discovered that the many-many-many mosquito problem was because they've been harboring in a tiny space in our local garage. In shoes, boxes, or other things in that tiny corner nobody touches.

* Tiruin has attempted a daily purge by electric swatter (thanks technology.)

But where's the nesting grounds? There's no stagnant water nearby! Maybe it's just a place they rest in...like the literal end of a tunnel? (there's nothing to feed on nearby too)
And it's like they replenish every day. So many to swat every day I go to open the water tank for use. :-\

Where are they coming from. So many. .___.

My high school didn't offer either Home Ec or Shop Class. Both should, IMO, be mandatory. If you're so damned incompetent or ignorant that you can't fry an egg, use a laundry machine, or fix a broken step, you shouldn't be allowed out into the world. :I
I...uh, couldn't do 2 out of the 3 things there until recently. .-. *cough* (meaning I know how to use a laundry machine but not how to fry an egg well at all or carpentry!)
eep ._. Glad I'm learning how to cook now. And plumbing. ♥ plumbing.
« Last Edit: March 27, 2016, 02:47:20 am by Tiruin »

sprinkled chariot

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #99291 on: March 27, 2016, 02:09:27 am »

Deploy total chemical war protocols, make them inhale smell of their own death and defeat.
( do you have ventilation? The last remaining not gassed assholes always tend to hide there)

FearfulJesuit

• Bay Watcher
  • True neoliberalism has never been tried
    • View Profile
« Reply #99292 on: March 27, 2016, 02:29:50 am »

Home Ec was "for girls"

That was genuinely the most pathetic thing I saw at my undergrad school, the guys in their twenties who either drove their laundry home on weekends or called their girlfriends over to help them because they didn't know how to set a laundry machine. And I saw a lot of goddamn pathetic stuff there.

...how...do you not...know how to work a washing machine? In your 20s?

As for cooking, at least learn how to do good rice and beans and maybe some pasta. It ain't that hard.

@Footjob, you can microwave most grains I've tried pretty easily through the microwave, even if they aren't packaged for it.

Sonlirain

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #99293 on: March 27, 2016, 03:04:19 am »

Deploy total chemical war protocols, make them inhale smell of their own death and defeat.
( do you have ventilation? The last remaining not gassed assholes always tend to hide there)

For a second i thought i entered the EUpol thread.
This is my WTF of the day right here.
"If you make something idiot proof, someone will just make a better idiot."
Self promotion below.
I have a mostly dead youtube channel.

Orange Wizard

• Bay Watcher
  • mou ii yo
    • View Profile
    • S M U G
« Reply #99294 on: March 27, 2016, 03:26:25 am »

For a second i thought i entered the EUpol thread.
This is my WTF of the day right here.
Quote from: Winston Churchill
I am strongly in favour of using poisonous gas
Please don't shitpost, it lowers the quality of discourse
Hard science is like a sword, and soft science is like fear. You can use both to equally powerful results, but even if your opponent disbelieve your stabs, they will still die.

itisnotlogical

• Bay Watcher
  • might be dat boi
    • View Profile
« Reply #99295 on: March 27, 2016, 04:30:51 am »

Home Ec was "for girls"

My school didn't offer home ec either. It was hard to offer anything that wasn't sports.

Nope, I'm definitely not still bitter that they cancelled every art class for two years in order to spend the maximum amount of money possible on a turf field for the 30 or so football kids, when half the events happened at other schools anyway. Couldn't have spent that money on, you know, competent teachers, or a halfway-decent councilor (of the "I'm having a serious emotional/family problem" variety), or textbooks that weren't falling apart at the seams, or computers that didn't crash every ten seconds, or literally anything other than a fucking turf field that most students would not end up using.
This game is Curtain Fire Shooting Game.
Girls do their best now and are preparing. Please watch warmly until it is ready.

Greiger

• Bay Watcher
  • Reptilian Illuminati member. Keep it secret.
    • View Profile
« Reply #99296 on: March 27, 2016, 10:53:14 am »

My high school had 3 seperate points where they cancelled a class after I signed up for it.  All IT classes. Twice in one year and again in the next.  One of the worst bits is because they cancelled 2 elective slots I had to go to summer school to make up the credits.

My mom went to a PTA meeting to bring it up and was told something along the lines of "Computers are a phase and we do not think students need more than basic usage skills"  I was pulled from that high school pretty much immediately after and I finished my high school degree at the local college in half the time.   Instead, just like others, They were spending all their money on the football field.  At least the Mainland Bucs are actually a known high school football team I guess.
Disclaimer: Not responsible for dwarven deaths from the use or misuse of this post.
I don't need friends!! I've got knives!!!

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
  • Too old and stubborn to get a new avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #99297 on: March 27, 2016, 10:58:37 am »

My mother downloaded a framerate counter for skyrim so sh could try to stuff in more graphics and whtever else she does; kids and infinite potions and other magical hammerstash cheats.

The framerate counter was set by default to the highest priority and stole all he resources from Skyrim, making the game unplayable >.<
Pisskop's Reblancing Mod - A C:DDA Mod to make life a little (lot) more brutal!
drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
PKs DF Mod!

IronTomato

• Bay Watcher
  • VENGEANCE
    • View Profile
« Reply #99298 on: March 27, 2016, 11:08:39 am »

My mother downloaded a framerate counter for skyrim so sh could try to stuff in more graphics and whtever else she does; kids and infinite potions and other magical hammerstash cheats.

The framerate counter was set by default to the highest priority and stole all he resources from Skyrim, making the game unplayable >.<
ur mum is a scrub

cochramd

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #99299 on: March 27, 2016, 11:12:50 am »

My high school had 3 seperate points where they cancelled a class after I signed up for it.  All IT classes. Twice in one year and again in the next.  One of the worst bits is because they cancelled 2 elective slots I had to go to summer school to make up the credits.

My mom went to a PTA meeting to bring it up and was told something along the lines of "Computers are a phase and we do not think students need more than basic usage skills"  I was pulled from that high school pretty much immediately after and I finished my high school degree at the local college in half the time.   Instead, just like others, They were spending all their money on the football field.  At least the Mainland Bucs are actually a known high school football team I guess.
That hit me right in my hope for the future.
Insert_Gnome_Here has claimed a computer terminal!

(Don't hold your breath though. I'm sitting here with a {x Windows Boot Manager x} hoping I do not go bezerk.)
Pages: 1 ... 6618 6619 [6620] 6621 6622 ... 11037