Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 6385 6386 [6387] 6388 6389 ... 11040

Author Topic: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O  (Read 14441163 times)

Amperzand

• Bay Watcher
  • Knight of Cerebus
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O
« Reply #95790 on: February 07, 2016, 10:17:11 pm »

Oh, certainly.
Muh FG--OOC Thread
Quote from: smirk
Quote from: Shadowlord
Is there a word that combines comedy with tragedy and farce?
Heiterverzweiflung. Not a legit German word so much as something a friend and I made up in German class once. "Carefree despair". When life is so fucked that you can't stop laughing.
http://www.collinsdictionary.com

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #95791 on: February 07, 2016, 10:25:22 pm »

For some reason this conversation feels like the conversation that would occur when two people outside the room are arguing loudly.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #95792 on: February 07, 2016, 10:28:38 pm »

WTF thread, you've been on a roll apparently. I dunno if I want to see what caused 3 pages of arguments in a short amount of time.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

Sonlirain

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #95793 on: February 07, 2016, 10:31:31 pm »

WTF thread, you've been on a roll apparently. I dunno if I want to see what caused 3 pages of arguments in a short amount of time.

Only 3?
It started at least since my post about LBGT... so at least 6 pages. 3 of them were about LBGT.
And another 3 about Boh getting banned (that may or may not have been banned because he took part in the conversation in a rather active manner).
« Last Edit: February 07, 2016, 10:33:47 pm by Sonlirain »
"If you make something idiot proof, someone will just make a better idiot."
Self promotion below.
I have a mostly dead youtube channel.

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #95794 on: February 07, 2016, 10:55:28 pm »

Not the small default pages.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

Orange Wizard

• Bay Watcher
  • mou ii yo
    • View Profile
    • S M U G
« Reply #95795 on: February 07, 2016, 10:58:54 pm »

There's ~6 pages of it on 25ppp, so...
Please don't shitpost, it lowers the quality of discourse
Hard science is like a sword, and soft science is like fear. You can use both to equally powerful results, but even if your opponent disbelieve your stabs, they will still die.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #95796 on: February 07, 2016, 11:00:06 pm »

Evidently the gravity of a banhammering is too much for us to resist!
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #95797 on: February 07, 2016, 11:06:05 pm »

There's ~6 pages of it on 25ppp, so...
Yeah.
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

Shadowlord

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #95798 on: February 07, 2016, 11:08:01 pm »

The thing is that, on a pragmatic level, gender should either be abolished
This is almost like you channeled Bohandas as this seemed to be his mindstate. And as pronouns didn't reflect the non-existent gender dynamic (as he spoke from ideal as people talking about religion with him will corroborate) they either be abolished or reflect something else. Like physical sex. Elsewise it is pointless to keep them at all. And thus he tried to use pronouns that reflected physical sex.

Bohandas was adamant that the word meant the same thing as sex, and refused to see from anyone else's point of view or show any empathy at all. That's very, very, different from what Cinder was saying.
<Dakkan> There are human laws, and then there are laws of physics. I don't bike in the city because of the second.
Dwarf Fortress Map Archive

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #95799 on: February 07, 2016, 11:10:06 pm »

And that too but GUYS (AND GALS (AND PERSONS OF OTHER OR INDETERMINATE GENDER)) WE SHOULD MAYBE STOP TALKING ABOUT THAT NOW.

Seriously, it's gone on enough that either we should start a thread, or just cut it out.
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #95800 on: February 07, 2016, 11:10:53 pm »

HOW DARE YOU TBF

Sonlirain

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #95801 on: February 07, 2016, 11:13:28 pm »

Not the small default pages.
I have 50 ppp.
My post about LBGT is on page 1973.
By page 1975 the LBGT arguement is slowly dying off but someone notices that Boh got B&.
We still mention LBGT from that point onwards (altho far from the intensity of the first 2 pages.)
Ok it's not 6 pages but "only" 5.
"If you make something idiot proof, someone will just make a better idiot."
Self promotion below.
I have a mostly dead youtube channel.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #95802 on: February 07, 2016, 11:14:20 pm »

HOW DARE YOU TBF
OMGUS vote, huh?  Always suspected you had it out for me.
Hector13.
Sigtext

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #95803 on: February 07, 2016, 11:19:36 pm »

How have I never seen this before?

Cameron approves, incidentally.

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

Orange Wizard

• Bay Watcher
  • mou ii yo
    • View Profile
    • S M U G
« Reply #95804 on: February 07, 2016, 11:31:46 pm »

In NZ today is Waitangi Day, also known as "that day we get a holiday because of some treaty or something".

There's a bunch of Maori activists who make a big deal of it, because apparently their ancestors got shafted when they were made British citizens and the Crown hasn't made up for it, and this year they barred the PM from speaking at the Waitangi celebrations. So now a bunch of anti-Maori-activist-activists have decided to start calling today New Zealand day, and really it's just insufferable whiners all over.
Please don't shitpost, it lowers the quality of discourse
Hard science is like a sword, and soft science is like fear. You can use both to equally powerful results, but even if your opponent disbelieve your stabs, they will still die.
Pages: 1 ... 6385 6386 [6387] 6388 6389 ... 11040