Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 6369 6370 [6371] 6372 6373 ... 11040

Author Topic: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O  (Read 14448882 times)

Descan

• Bay Watcher
  • [HEADING INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O
« Reply #95550 on: February 06, 2016, 11:33:49 pm »

Hey, don't look at me to defend this interpretation. I said twice I don't agree with it. But that's what the writer was trying to get at, I think, and that post was in response to Bowtie saying they didn't get it.
Quote from: SalmonGod
Your innocent viking escapades for canadian social justice and immortality make my flagellum wiggle, too.
Quote from: Myroc
Descan confirmed for antichrist.
Quote from: LeoLeonardoIII
I wonder if any of us don't love Descan.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #95551 on: February 06, 2016, 11:35:11 pm »

Look in terms of any conversation involving whether a Trans person can pull off the look...

Run for the hills! It is a no win conversation.

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #95552 on: February 06, 2016, 11:35:41 pm »

Hey, don't look at me to defend this interpretation. I said twice I don't agree with it. But that's what the writer was trying to get at, I think, and that post was in response to Bowtie saying they didn't get it.
Bleh, sorry. My school was reasonably progressive but they pretty much never talked about this sort of thing :x
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

SOLDIER First

• Bay Watcher
  • Trans fucking rights, baby.
    • View Profile
« Reply #95553 on: February 06, 2016, 11:36:05 pm »

The point is more that offence is not intended, so the proper response would be to point out that it was poorly phrased, not get all upset and cry about it on the internet. The former helps reconcile differences, the latter makes you look like an insufferable whiner.
I believe a point of the article might also be that this is the kind of thing they hear all the time, as in nobody thinks to phrase it any better. Ever. And it grates on them.
Look in terms of any conversation involving whether a Trans person can pull off the look...

Run for the hills! It is a no win conversation.
Don't be an asshole.
Congrats, you've won!
Black lives matter.

penguinofhonor

• Bay Watcher
  • Minister of Love
    • View Profile
« Reply #95554 on: February 06, 2016, 11:36:31 pm »

Note: the article says "met", not "known" so arguing over the wording of Descan's misquote is entirely pointless.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #95555 on: February 06, 2016, 11:37:03 pm »

Don't be an asshole.
Congrats, you've won!

Impossible. Just by entering the conversation you are one. It is no Win.

SOLDIER First

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #95556 on: February 06, 2016, 11:37:43 pm »

this kind of thinking is exactly why you consider the conversation a loss every time
Black lives matter.

penguinofhonor

• Bay Watcher
  • Minister of Love
    • View Profile
« Reply #95557 on: February 06, 2016, 11:37:53 pm »

Oh crap, I'm trans and I didn't realize I was required to think you're an asshole already. I'll have to work on that.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #95558 on: February 06, 2016, 11:39:51 pm »

Oh crap, I'm trans and I didn't realize I was required to think you're an asshole already. I'll get on that.

Who said "with a trans" person was involved?

It is one of those conversations where no matter your opinion, someone is going to see you as an ass. Just by being in it, you are arousing suspicion of assness.

It is impossible NOT to be an ass is what I am saying. It is too delicate a conversation to actually be had.
« Last Edit: February 06, 2016, 11:42:02 pm by Neonivek »

SOLDIER First

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #95559 on: February 06, 2016, 11:41:57 pm »

but if you care about appearing an ass to both parties you have made a mistake along the line, and thinking that having either opinion will make you an ass is incorrect.
Black lives matter.

Orange Wizard

• Bay Watcher
  • mou ii yo
    • View Profile
    • S M U G
« Reply #95560 on: February 06, 2016, 11:42:33 pm »

Oh crap, I'm trans and I didn't realize I was required to think you're an asshole already. I'll get on that.
Who said "with a trans" person was involved?

It is one of those conversations where no matter your opinion, someone is going to see you as an ass. Just by being in it, you are arousing suspicion of assness.

It is impossible NOT to be an ass is what I am saying. It is too delicate a conversation to actually be had.
Listen Neonivek, I'm pretty suspicious that you're actually an asshole
Please don't shitpost, it lowers the quality of discourse
Hard science is like a sword, and soft science is like fear. You can use both to equally powerful results, but even if your opponent disbelieve your stabs, they will still die.

BlackFlyme

• Bay Watcher
  • BlackFlyme cancels Work: Interrupted by bird.
    • View Profile
« Reply #95561 on: February 06, 2016, 11:42:57 pm »

Someone tried to sell me their mixtape while I was waiting for the bus.

If I actually had any money on me, or more interest in hip-hop, I may have actually bought one.

ArKFallen

• Bay Watcher
  • Bohandean Desserter
    • View Profile
« Reply #95562 on: February 06, 2016, 11:44:11 pm »

People saying "You're so smart for a black man!" and/or "You're black? But you're so smart!" are also "trying to give a compliment."

Doesn't make it not racist.

Same principle here.
There is a difference in that it is easier to spot someone who's trans if they aren't passing(thus unattractive for the gender they are going for) and the passing don't need to bring it up and thus aren't seen as trans. His words convey ignorance more than bigotry.
Where as the black man's intelligence doesn't actually factor in to how easy they are to notice (the dumb can be polite).

3. Dude is basically looking to get a gold star for being a decent human being, so yeah.
Yeah being squicked by the fact you just stuck your dick inside an inverted penis is totally the sign of a bad person./s
I might give you this one because he looks like a pompous ass but that coming out of someone's mouth doesn't equal decency prize. The human body is disgusting and more so with alteration.

The Amazing Athiest's reaction video on this particular number was pretty good in that "People in general are inconvenient and that this inconvenience is not something people prepare for." Especially for people you have known a while because that shit has been mentally reinforced through repetition.
Hm, have you considered murder?  It's either that or letting it go.
SigText
I logged back on ;_;

SOLDIER First

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #95563 on: February 06, 2016, 11:48:29 pm »

switching pronouns isn't a big deal. you accidentally call peter a she? "right, sorry. he." move on.
Black lives matter.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #95564 on: February 06, 2016, 11:50:38 pm »

Uuugh.

I just can't believe this author is occasionally getting away with twisting everything into the most negative possible interpretations...
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.
Pages: 1 ... 6369 6370 [6371] 6372 6373 ... 11040