Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 6333 6334 [6335] 6336 6337 ... 11040

Author Topic: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O  (Read 14440852 times)

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O
« Reply #95010 on: February 01, 2016, 04:57:14 pm »

The only game with ~clothes destruction~ as a feature I've played was that weird game about hunting vampires on a famous japanese district, and it involved VIOLENTLY UNDRESSING people in plain daylight to see if they catch fire and die. At least guys also had their clothes destroyed in that game, even if less than girls, overall :v
Hahah, that made TBF shitpost for real. Keep talking. :D
Dude,this is the WTF thread.  It isn't shitposting if it's actually on-topic.
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

flabort

• Bay Watcher
  • Still a demilich, despite the 4e and 5e nerfs
    • View Profile
« Reply #95011 on: February 01, 2016, 05:01:07 pm »

The only game with ~clothes destruction~ as a feature I've played was that weird game about hunting vampires on a famous japanese district, and it involved VIOLENTLY UNDRESSING people in plain daylight to see if they catch fire and die. At least guys also had their clothes destroyed in that game, even if less than girls, overall :v
Hahah, that made TBF shitpost for real. Keep talking. :D
Dude,this is the WTF thread.  It isn't shitposting if it's actually on-topic.
:P No comment on the body pillows?
I... really don't want to think about why they're rigid. I'm just going to chalk it up to quirky videogame physics and remain somewhat inno... OK, too late, but still.
The Cyan Menace

Went away for a while, came back, went away for a while, and back for now.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

Lord Shonus

• Bay Watcher
  • Angle of Death
    • View Profile
« Reply #95013 on: February 01, 2016, 06:07:57 pm »

A couple of hours ago, I decided to clean up the tangled mess of cables from my consoles, as I've added a PS3, had one of the PS2s burn out, and decided that there was no need to split the older consoles between the flat-screen and the CRT (Originally, I figured that I'd use the big screen for games like RPGs where the input lag wasn't a problem, but the SNES and NES looked so bad that way that I just stuck with the CRT). When I started, I had 3 HDMI cables, now I have 2.
On Giant In the Playground and Something Awful I am Gnoman.
Man, ninja'd by a potentially inebriated Lord Shonus. I was gonna say to burn it.

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #95014 on: February 01, 2016, 06:10:21 pm »

Akiba's Trip?(because it's totally not pronounced "Akiba Strip") I've been meaning to play that one, but it's outside my price budget right now and I'm still trying to finish the stuff I bought at Thanksgiving.
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #95015 on: February 01, 2016, 06:12:58 pm »

She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

Lord Shonus

• Bay Watcher
  • Angle of Death
    • View Profile
« Reply #95016 on: February 01, 2016, 06:24:11 pm »

...I like your setup.
Here's a shitty phone-camera pic. Lighting sucks in my living room because I can't fit any LED bulb over 60 watt-equivalent into the overhead.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

I found my missing cable - it was outside in the mailbox.
Man, ninja'd by a potentially inebriated Lord Shonus. I was gonna say to burn it.

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #95017 on: February 01, 2016, 06:40:25 pm »

I found my missing cable - it was outside in the mailbox.
Haha WTF

But, nice pic (I don't know how to imgfit, but view-image works fine)!  I only have a Wii and PS2.  I use the PS2 a lot more, the Wii is pretty much only for the Metroid Prime trilogy.  And I lost my MP3 disk, which means I pretty much only use it for Gamecube games (loaned my Gamecube out and never got it back, so many years ago...)

And Brawl when my brother visits.

That Gamecube was significant actually, my first console ever.  It was... 2003 probably?  I had just moved into a new city, junior year of high school, and repressing all sorts of crazy shit that just happened.  Made friends with this guy who I basically despised, but I was willing to hang out with *anyone*.  Talked him into going to the NCSU surplus store, which was amazing.  Basically a warehouse where you could buy crappy tech that the university didn't want...  Which was fucking *saying something*, as I learned when I enrolled and joined the computer lab.

Anyway, this dumbass decides he really wants this crappy mainframe.  But he doesn't have the cash.  Asks me for a loan.
"Idunno dude..."  I didn't want to offer a loan to this guy I barely even like.
"Dude, I'll trade you my gamecube!"
"...Throw in Soul Calibur?"
"Sure why not, can't play it anyway"

Ended up getting my first console for $20.  He really regretted that deal, but we didn't really hang out much after that heh.

Ugh.  I feel sorta bad now.  But I was in a bad place, and he was eager to make the deal so.

And then I got Metroid Prime 1 which allayed all my regrets.
She/they
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

Baffler

• Bay Watcher
  • Caveat Lector.
    • View Profile
« Reply #95018 on: February 01, 2016, 07:30:39 pm »

Someone told me today, "Baffler, for someone so distinctive you just have no presence whatsoever" when I said hi to them.

I'm not sure how to interpret this, and I didn't get a chance to respond. Did I sneak up on them? Do I frequently sneak up on them? Are they saying I'm a wuss? You'd think I don't speak English for how much I don't pick up on. I don't think it was meant to be insulting.
Quote from: Helgoland
Even if you found a suitable opening, I doubt it would prove all too satisfying. And it might leave some nasty wounds, depending on the moral high ground's geology.
Location subject to periodic change.
Baffler likes silver, walnut trees, the color green, tanzanite, and dogs for their loyalty. When possible he prefers to consume beef, iced tea, and cornbread. He absolutely detests ticks.

TempAcc

• Bay Watcher
  • [CASTE:SATAN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #95020 on: February 01, 2016, 07:42:19 pm »

Akiba's Trip?(because it's totally not pronounced "Akiba Strip") I've been meaning to play that one, but it's outside my price budget right now and I'm still trying to finish the stuff I bought at Thanksgiving.

Decent game for some laughs with friends, gameplay isn't bad either, but the performance is kinda shitty if you dont have a good gaming pc. The specs are horrendously high for something that looks so simple.
On normal internet forums, threads devolve from content into trolling. On Bay12, it's the other way around.
There is no God but TempAcc, and He is His own Prophet.

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #95021 on: February 01, 2016, 07:53:16 pm »

Sounds like a port.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

Lord Shonus

• Bay Watcher
  • Angle of Death
    • View Profile
« Reply #95022 on: February 01, 2016, 08:00:51 pm »

It started as a PS3 game, IIRC.

Orange Wizard

• Bay Watcher
  • mou ii yo
    • View Profile
    • S M U G
« Reply #95023 on: February 01, 2016, 08:19:04 pm »

Someone told me today, "Baffler, for someone so distinctive you just have no presence whatsoever" when I said hi to them.

I'm not sure how to interpret this, and I didn't get a chance to respond. Did I sneak up on them? Do I frequently sneak up on them? Are they saying I'm a wuss? You'd think I don't speak English for how much I don't pick up on. I don't think it was meant to be insulting.
Presence is a weird concept. When you lack presence, s'like, you're there, and you can be talking, but people feel more compelled to focus on someone else. It's not rudeness so much as it is... I dunno. Weirdness.
Please don't shitpost, it lowers the quality of discourse
Hard science is like a sword, and soft science is like fear. You can use both to equally powerful results, but even if your opponent disbelieve your stabs, they will still die.

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #95024 on: February 01, 2016, 08:21:43 pm »

This would hit me so hard.  I pretend to have presence, arguably have it with my friends.  But in the end...  I'm not there.
They're saying you're strange but you hang back, I think.
She/they
Pages: 1 ... 6333 6334 [6335] 6336 6337 ... 11040