Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 6190 6191 [6192] 6193 6194 ... 11040

Author Topic: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O  (Read 14454681 times)

Bauglir

• Bay Watcher
  • Let us make Good
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O
« Reply #92865 on: December 29, 2015, 01:28:07 pm »

also why do people think they can flee to Mexico? Mexico will arrest you and ship you right back to America.
because they think it's a lawless shithole

the only thing the media up here talks about in mexico is drug cartels running rampant
In the days when Sussman was a novice, Minsky once came to him as he sat hacking at the PDP-6.
“What are you doing?”, asked Minsky. “I am training a randomly wired neural net to play Tic-Tac-Toe” Sussman replied. “Why is the net wired randomly?”, asked Minsky. “I do not want it to have any preconceptions of how to play”, Sussman said.
Minsky then shut his eyes. “Why do you close your eyes?”, Sussman asked his teacher.
“So that the room will be empty.”
At that moment, Sussman was enlightened.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #92866 on: December 29, 2015, 01:38:46 pm »

also why do people think they can flee to Mexico? Mexico will arrest you and ship you right back to America.

the only thing the media up here talks about in mexico is drug cartels running rampant

Mexico is crimeless what are you saying? They send all their criminals to America, Donald Trump said so!

FearfulJesuit

• Bay Watcher
  • True neoliberalism has never been tried
    • View Profile
« Reply #92867 on: December 29, 2015, 02:34:48 pm »

Walter Mondale wrote a column for WaPo today. I had completely forgotten Walter Mondale was still alive.

@Footjob, you can microwave most grains I've tried pretty easily through the microwave, even if they aren't packaged for it.

NJW2000

• Bay Watcher
  • You know me. What do I know?
    • View Profile
« Reply #92868 on: December 29, 2015, 04:07:37 pm »

Mexico is crimeless what are you saying? They send all their criminals to America, Donald Trump said so!
Yes, but he admits its taking a while, as they have to route them through those Islamist terrorist training camps first.
One wheel short of a wagon

Bauglir

• Bay Watcher
  • Let us make Good
    • View Profile
« Reply #92869 on: December 29, 2015, 05:10:11 pm »

Indices start at 1 in Lua? What.
In the days when Sussman was a novice, Minsky once came to him as he sat hacking at the PDP-6.
“What are you doing?”, asked Minsky. “I am training a randomly wired neural net to play Tic-Tac-Toe” Sussman replied. “Why is the net wired randomly?”, asked Minsky. “I do not want it to have any preconceptions of how to play”, Sussman said.
Minsky then shut his eyes. “Why do you close your eyes?”, Sussman asked his teacher.

Orange Wizard

• Bay Watcher
  • mou ii yo
    • View Profile
    • S M U G
« Reply #92870 on: December 29, 2015, 05:11:50 pm »

Please don't shitpost, it lowers the quality of discourse
Hard science is like a sword, and soft science is like fear. You can use both to equally powerful results, but even if your opponent disbelieve your stabs, they will still die.

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #92871 on: December 29, 2015, 05:13:23 pm »

Yes, they have a good reason for it!

Nah, just kidding, it's some bullshit excuse about who it was made for.

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #92872 on: December 29, 2015, 05:30:35 pm »

Getting seriously annoyed at one of my coworkers. Doesn't nothing but bitch and moan, mostly about another coworker who works more slowly but has a justifiable reason for it. However, he doesn't seem to respect that, and instead works as slowly as possible to match. Since both of these people are primarily responsible for rolling merchandise to the sales floor, the end result is the production area is heavily backed up, requiring other people in the chain to clear it up. This is actually a serious problem, since we have been having trouble making our production quotas, and probably in no small part due to this. If this guy got off his fat ass and actually put the same effort like everyone else does instead of interrupting everyone else just to complain, we actually would not get so backed up.

A few weeks ago, when the payroll service that handles our paychecks had some kind of issue that caused our paychecks to not get posted until some time in the afternoon, he bitched up a storm about how he should not have to work, he has no money to pay bills, etc. At one point, he felt that because he had to take over from the same coworker he constantly complains about, he should be receiving their entire paycheck. This guy really needs to stop feeling so entitled to everything.

Today was the worst so far, some of the things he said were starting to sound like threats.
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

cerapa

• Bay Watcher
  • It wont bite....unless you are the sun.
    • View Profile
« Reply #92873 on: December 29, 2015, 06:11:15 pm »

Can't find someone to replace him?

Tick, tick, tick the time goes by,
tick, tick, tick the clock blows up.

Amperzand

• Bay Watcher
  • Knight of Cerebus
    • View Profile
« Reply #92874 on: December 29, 2015, 06:29:14 pm »

I would guess he doesn't have the authority to do so.
Muh FG--OOC Thread
Quote from: smirk
Quote from: Shadowlord
Is there a word that combines comedy with tragedy and farce?
Heiterverzweiflung. Not a legit German word so much as something a friend and I made up in German class once. "Carefree despair". When life is so fucked that you can't stop laughing.
http://www.collinsdictionary.com

Bauglir

• Bay Watcher
  • Let us make Good
    • View Profile
« Reply #92875 on: December 29, 2015, 06:51:09 pm »

Nah, just kidding, it's some bullshit excuse about who it was made for.
It would have to be bullshit. There is no group of people I can imagine that would be uncomfortable with indices starting at 0, but which could still comfortably handle implementing classes in Lua.

EDIT: Unless there's a group of people that just don't need object-oriented programming. Which is possible, it's just such a ubiquitous paradigm that it didn't even occur to me.
« Last Edit: December 29, 2015, 06:57:18 pm by Bauglir »

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #92876 on: December 29, 2015, 07:10:35 pm »

Some sort of engineer, IIRC, which is definitely in the realm of "mostly only works in procedural programming".

Also, the steam controller makes these silly saw wave ditties when it turns on. I was like "woah, wait, it has a speaker, nobody ever said that", but that's because it doesn't, it just vibrates its haptics at high frequencies to make music.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #92877 on: December 29, 2015, 07:31:12 pm »

That's COOL.
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #92878 on: December 29, 2015, 07:33:59 pm »

Sounds like it'll be hell on the haptic bitsies' lifetime, though...
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #92879 on: December 29, 2015, 07:35:05 pm »

If that sounds cool, have you heard the music made by having floppy drives seek?  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lx_vWkv50uk
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.
Pages: 1 ... 6190 6191 [6192] 6193 6194 ... 11040