Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 6088 6089 [6090] 6091 6092 ... 11040

Author Topic: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O  (Read 14449127 times)

Calidovi

• Bay Watcher
  • agnus dei
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O
« Reply #91335 on: December 05, 2015, 09:06:22 pm »

jaked122

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:Lurker tendancies]
    • View Profile
« Reply #91336 on: December 05, 2015, 09:37:02 pm »

Wow, in 15 days, this account will be 7 years old. That means that it survived puberty, and its introduction to cigarettes and alcohol. And other things. But damn, this forum is somehow still around, and still mostly good.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #91337 on: December 05, 2015, 09:42:34 pm »

I was thinking of Street Fighter one of the few series that remembers that other countries exist :P

and specifically Dhalsim and the thing that always confused me about him...

Why is he wearing a necklace of skulls? It isn't a stereotype nor anything symbolic as far as I can tell...

Is it really just aesthetic?

Descan

• Bay Watcher
  • [HEADING INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #91338 on: December 05, 2015, 09:47:06 pm »

i unno about that last bit

i mean i'm still here so it can't be that great
Quote from: SalmonGod
Your innocent viking escapades for canadian social justice and immortality make my flagellum wiggle, too.
Quote from: Myroc
Descan confirmed for antichrist.
Quote from: LeoLeonardoIII
I wonder if any of us don't love Descan.

TheDarkStar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #91339 on: December 05, 2015, 09:47:16 pm »

I noticed my computer was significantly slower that usual, so I ran some malware scanners. As it turned out, I had over 250 instances of malware/adware folders and files (although some of it was from multiple folders and files that belonged to the same adware). Also one piece of malware that an internet search said was kind of annoying to remove but the malware removal program I used apparently had no trouble with it; it's also the cause of the massive CPU usage I've been dealing with for a while.
Don't die; it's bad for your health!

it happened it happened it happen im so hyped to actually get attacked now

Emma

• Bay Watcher
  • Romace plots aren't actually that bad
    • View Profile
« Reply #91340 on: December 05, 2015, 09:51:46 pm »

I should probably run a virus scan myself at some point in time.  :-\

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #91341 on: December 05, 2015, 09:52:22 pm »

Why is he wearing a necklace of skulls? It isn't a stereotype nor anything symbolic as far as I can tell...

Is it really just aesthetic?
Backstory. They're the skulls of children he couldn't save from plague.

It is an aesthetic reminiscent of parts of hindu asceticism, though, as well.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #91342 on: December 05, 2015, 09:56:20 pm »

You know... that explanation feels so wrong somehow...

So did he wait for them to decompose or did he put their bodies in a Kiln and then extract their skulls?
« Last Edit: December 05, 2015, 09:58:55 pm by Neonivek »

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #91343 on: December 05, 2015, 10:01:22 pm »

Zog if I know. Probably something along the lines of the latter, though -- you generally don't want to leave plague corpses sitting around to decompose normally.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

Emma

• Bay Watcher
  • Romace plots aren't actually that bad
    • View Profile
« Reply #91344 on: December 05, 2015, 10:05:28 pm »

Unless you want to let the disease spread.

Blaze

• Bay Watcher
  • The Chaos that Crawls up on you with a Smile.
    • View Profile
« Reply #91345 on: December 05, 2015, 10:10:23 pm »

Vocaroo here.
Futanari Oyako Soukan by Hakujira Uminekodan.

Let's just say I end up having to confiscate a lot of things.

Calidovi

• Bay Watcher
  • agnus dei
    • View Profile
« Reply #91346 on: December 05, 2015, 10:12:09 pm »

Vocaroo here.
Futanari Oyako Soukan by Hakujira Uminekodan.

Let's just say I end up having to confiscate a lot of things.
I have no words.

Transcendant

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #91347 on: December 05, 2015, 10:16:41 pm »

Sometimes, just ... people are insanely stupid.

I am clearly not feeling well: holding my stomach, eating NOTHING (not really able to), and drinking nothing but water tonight. People know I have a doctor's appointment as early next week as possible. Plus I've said I am not feeling well, a lot....

Cue every asshole who will not shut up at the holiday function I am basically forced to attend, sitting and trying to be quiet/not bother anyone. Repeatedly asking me if I'm sure I don't want (insert X here).... I said no, repeatedly said no. That means no. That means no. That means no. That doesn't mean try to convince me to do it anyhow. I am a person who has the right to fucking refuse things, even if I didn't have a medical condition, jerk. I don't care that you're "trying to be polite," because I don't think you are. How many times do I have to say it before you give a shit and actually get it through your thick skull? Your opinion means nothing compared to the doctor's.... I want to scream at this person to shut up until they do, but can't.

Then, then it gets better. "So how is your job search going?" I am screaming internally.... Because I really want to be reminded of that in general, rather than trying to forget that for one damn night. Also, none of your god damn business unless you have something concrete and constructive to offer, which you don't. Jesus, why on earth would I want to talk about that? We were talking about all sorts of things until of course out of nowhere, bam, right in the face.....

Then of course, trying to get me to participate in things. Forget. You. I am holding my stomach and running to the bathroom multiple times after telling you I don't feel well. Why is this happening?

Why am I not excused from this damn function?

And yet another person not really asking but quite insisting I try (insert food item here) for the 5th time. Screw it, full on silent death stare with head cocked to the side. Yes, by all means, say anything at all, because I'm no longer pretending to listen, I'm now actively and intentionally making you uncomfortable. Because obvious hints and outright saying something is wrong and please leave me alone don't work.... Yup, congrats, you've got me staring at you for a full 10 minutes. Enjoy.

Why? Why can't people just accept that some people are sick and want to be left alone? Why can they not just carry on a pleasant conversation and avoid obviously painful topics when they do insist upon bothering them? It's not a hard concept. It really isn't. Really? Holding stomach, running to the restroom, and saying you don't feel well? You must be fine.... Really? Why can no one just take the simple, harmless things I say at face value when all clearly available evidence points to them being true?

Calidovi

• Bay Watcher
  • agnus dei
    • View Profile
« Reply #91348 on: December 05, 2015, 10:19:58 pm »

Sometimes, just ... people are insanely stupid.

I am clearly not feeling well: holding my stomach, eating NOTHING (not really able to), and drinking nothing but water tonight. People know I have a doctor's appointment as early next week as possible. Plus I've said I am not feeling well, a lot....

Cue every asshole who will not shut up at the holiday function I am basically forced to attend, sitting and trying to be quiet/not bother anyone. Repeatedly asking me if I'm sure I don't want (insert X here).... I said no, repeatedly said no. That means no. That means no. That means no. That doesn't mean try to convince me to do it anyhow. I am a person who has the right to fucking refuse things, even if I didn't have a medical condition, jerk. I don't care that you're "trying to be polite," because I don't think you are. How many times do I have to say it before you give a shit and actually get it through your thick skull? Your opinion means nothing compared to the doctor's.... I want to scream at this person to shut up until they do, but can't.

Then, then it gets better. "So how is your job search going?" I am screaming internally.... Because I really want to be reminded of that in general, rather than trying to forget that for one damn night. Also, none of your god damn business unless you have something concrete and constructive to offer, which you don't. Jesus, why on earth would I want to talk about that? We were talking about all sorts of things until of course out of nowhere, bam, right in the face.....

Then of course, trying to get me to participate in things. Forget. You. I am holding my stomach and running to the bathroom multiple times after telling you I don't feel well. Why is this happening?

Why am I not excused from this damn function?

And yet another person not really asking but quite insisting I try (insert food item here) for the 5th time. Screw it, full on silent death stare with head cocked to the side. Yes, by all means, say anything at all, because I'm no longer pretending to listen, I'm now actively and intentionally making you uncomfortable. Because obvious hints and outright saying something is wrong and please leave me alone don't work.... Yup, congrats, you've got me staring at you for a full 10 minutes. Enjoy.

Why? Why can't people just accept that some people are sick and want to be left alone? Why can they not just carry on a pleasant conversation and avoid obviously painful topics when they do insist upon bothering them? It's not a hard concept. It really isn't. Really? Holding stomach, running to the restroom, and saying you don't feel well? You must be fine.... Really? Why can no one just take the simple, harmless things I say at face value when all clearly available evidence points to them being true?

Spoiler: Armchair Psychologist (click to show/hide)

Spehss _

• Bay Watcher
  • full of stars
    • View Profile
« Reply #91349 on: December 05, 2015, 11:19:38 pm »

I just heard an add for Clash of Kings, a mobile phone game, on the radio. The goddamn radio. On a goddamn classic rock radio station that's been running for 50 years now. Talk about anachronistic.
Steam ID: Spehss Cat
Turns out you can seriously not notice how deep into this shit you went until you get out.
Pages: 1 ... 6088 6089 [6090] 6091 6092 ... 11040