Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 6066 6067 [6068] 6069 6070 ... 11040

Author Topic: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O  (Read 14456634 times)

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O
« Reply #91005 on: November 29, 2015, 02:36:49 pm »

So I was trying to look up the difference between Gratin and scalloped potatoes

and I found out that traditionally they are separate recipes that you wouldn't exactly confuse with one another.

Yet due to the way people make them today they have become the exact same dish as people usually add cheese ontop of scalloped potatoes turning it into a gratin.

I can't really think of any other situation where this has happened. Where two separate entities have slowly merged into one.

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #91006 on: November 29, 2015, 03:06:00 pm »

Is the only difference at the end the cheese, or are they actually two different potato products if they're both cheese'd?
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #91007 on: November 29, 2015, 03:07:24 pm »

Is the only difference at the end the cheese?

Sort of...

Gratin is only Gratin with the cheese

Scalloped potatoes is only scalloped potatoes with the cream

Yet if you do both... then the dish is both.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #91008 on: November 29, 2015, 03:40:53 pm »

I'm getting minor stomach cramps for some reason all of a sudden. Maybe I will actually have a reason to call in sick today...
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
  • Morals? Ethics? Conscience? HA!
    • View Profile
« Reply #91009 on: November 29, 2015, 04:03:21 pm »

I'm getting minor stomach cramps for some reason all of a sudden. Maybe I will actually have a reason to call in sick today...

And so, by strange random happenstance, be able to partake in the ER movie night? How convenient!  :P

Wish I could join as well, but it's in the dead of night for me. Dang, and the movies sounded nice as well.

Einsteinian Roulette Wiki
Quote from: you know who you are
21:26   <XYZ>: I know nothing about this, but I have strong opinions about it.
Fucking hell, you guys are worse than the demons.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #91010 on: November 29, 2015, 04:13:50 pm »

Actually, I listened to a song and, despite being pretty tired, I think I might actually muster up the motivation to go to work today.
This is a far bigger WTF than the previous one. I'm going to have to stock up on energy dri-- wait, shit. That burst of motivation is fading as quickly as it came. Perhaps I should put more music on before it leaves me entirely. My iPod is on my bed, though, and I fear I will be devoured by it if I venture too close to its warm, snuggly maw...
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

IronTomato

• Bay Watcher
  • VENGEANCE
    • View Profile
« Reply #91011 on: November 29, 2015, 09:12:14 pm »

Dating someone from Bay12 is weird. I always have to fight down to urge to be sugary sweet with my boyfriend on the forum, because that would be rude to single people, but the urge is real.

I guess this is the same reason why rich people like to have expensive statues of themselves built to stroke their money penis. I'm a jerkass who wants to rub my happiness in other people's face.

Or maybe I'm thinking about this too hard.
Like Tack said, I had no idea that was going on, so I don't think you're rubbing it in people's faces too much. I'm pretty sure you aren't doing that unless you're making a conscious effort too. Even then, the happiness-penis that you talked about needs to be stroked once in a while, just in moderation. Happiness is best when shared.

IcyTea31

• Bay Watcher
  • Studying functions and fiction
    • View Profile
« Reply #91012 on: November 30, 2015, 12:26:27 am »

Background: here in Finland, most locations have two names, one for each of the official languages. The official name of a location is determined by which language has a majority of speakers there.

Some weeks ago, I was setting up a weather app for my new phone. I couldn't find my hometown on it, which is okay since it's quite a small one, so I picked the next city over, which I found by its Finnish name. Said city has a Swedish majority, so this was slightly odd. I just handwaved it, figuring it's probably just using the Finnish names for all locations.

Now, today, I retried looking for my hometown, and found it by its Swedish name. This town has a very slight Finnish majority.

How does it make any sense that I can find a Swedish city by its Finnish name, and a Finnish town by its Swedish name, but not vice versa?
There is a world yet only seen by physicists and magicians.

Orange Wizard

• Bay Watcher
  • mou ii yo
    • View Profile
    • S M U G
« Reply #91013 on: November 30, 2015, 12:41:58 am »

Just be glad it's not showing up with Russian names.
Please don't shitpost, it lowers the quality of discourse
Hard science is like a sword, and soft science is like fear. You can use both to equally powerful results, but even if your opponent disbelieve your stabs, they will still die.

flabort

• Bay Watcher
  • Still a demilich, despite the 4e and 5e nerfs
    • View Profile
« Reply #91014 on: November 30, 2015, 12:58:42 am »

WhyTF do some people think it's perfectly fine to walk into a room where someone is watching a film, sit down next to them and begin using a laptop? And then, if that wasn't bad enough, begin chuckling and attempting to show amusing things on their laptop to the people trying to watch said film? ???
Uh...
I do that too... is it rude? I'm sorry, we're only trying to be socialable  and get in some human contact by sharing our interests. The way it gets in the way of your interests is unintentional.
The Cyan Menace

Went away for a while, came back, went away for a while, and back for now.

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #91015 on: November 30, 2015, 01:02:38 am »

Martin Wallström in Mr Robot looks super familiar to me.  But I've seemingly never seen him before, according to IMDB.
I'm shit with faces though.
He reminds me very much of LaCroix from Vampire the Masquerade Bloodlines, though maybe that's based more on actions than words.

Anyway swoon.  And after episode 3, double swoon.
Why are terrible people so attractive xD
Probably due to self-deprecation I guess.

WhyTF do some people think it's perfectly fine to walk into a room where someone is watching a film, sit down next to them and begin using a laptop? And then, if that wasn't bad enough, begin chuckling and attempting to show amusing things on their laptop to the people trying to watch said film? ???
Uh...
I do that too... is it rude? I'm sorry, we're only trying to be socialable  and get in some human contact by sharing our interests. The way it gets in the way of your interests is unintentional.
Well I mean, some people "watch" movies as a social thing where they chat and socialize.  That's cool.  Not something I seek out, but cool.
But sometimes a movie actually demands attention and is hard to follow otherwise.
There are a lot of TV shows which I barely look at at all, just listen too while doing other things.  I'd totally chat during those.  But that doesn't work for some shows/movies.
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #91016 on: November 30, 2015, 01:51:55 am »

i should try men

this is a wtf mostly because i realized that that is absolutely something that appeals to me but only when i make a conscious effort to think about it

oh god no

i used to think that dwarf fortress's orientation system was sorta full of shit (three levels of attraction to each sex, those levels being not interested, interested but won't marry, will marry), but I think i'm firmly in the exact part of the in-game attraction spectrum that I think is full of shit ("interested but won't marry") for men
god that would make me feel awful, like being in a legitimate relationship then going "NOPE CAN'T DO THIS" the instant commitment shows up
i hope that's not what's going on, thus why i should try men
« Last Edit: November 30, 2015, 01:55:31 am by Putnam »

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #91017 on: November 30, 2015, 01:57:26 am »

As someone who thought I was absolutely straight, but just disinterested in sex, until an opportunity presented itself...
I feel like people ought to try it if possible.  At least if they feel any indication.  I was very, very surprised.
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

EnigmaticHat

• Bay Watcher
  • I vibrate, I die, I vibrate again
    • View Profile
« Reply #91018 on: November 30, 2015, 01:58:21 am »

i should try men
Oh my god that is the most understated way of saying that :P

Good luck on your endeavors.
"T-take this non-euclidean geometry, h-humanity-baka. I m-made it, but not because I l-li-l-like you or anything! I just felt s-sorry for you, b-baka."
You misspelled seance.  Are possessing Draignean?  Are you actually a ghost in the shell? You have to tell us if you are, that's the rule

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #91019 on: November 30, 2015, 01:59:19 am »

what endeavors

i ain't endeavored for a relationship ever and it won't change just because sausage is on the table
Pages: 1 ... 6066 6067 [6068] 6069 6070 ... 11040