Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 5966 5967 [5968] 5969 5970 ... 11040

Author Topic: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O  (Read 14461252 times)

Sergarr

• Bay Watcher
  • (9) airheaded baka (9)
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O
« Reply #89505 on: November 07, 2015, 08:53:18 am »

Wrappers are bullshit. Complete bullshit. They exist to push out malware and auto-install shitty programs that no one would actually install otherwise. Never launch them.

On the same line, MMO launchers are bullshit. I don't know how they do it, but their update download speed is like 1000 times lower than what I get if I actually use a browser. Yet every shitlord in the verse uses them. It's awful.
._.

wobbly

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #89506 on: November 07, 2015, 09:15:43 am »

I seem to have picked up a virus for the first time in my long history with computers. Huh. And I thought SourceForge was reasonably credible.

So anyway, SourceForge now bundles malware with downloads unless you specifically choose the direct download. I did wonder about the wrapper, but I guess that's what I get for wondering and not doing anything about it.

Anyway, it's about to get slapped with an orbital crowbar. I've been expecting this for a while.

Yeah,  sourceforge used to be credible but hasn't been for a while now. A lot of open source programmers avoid it now because of the issue you've just had.

Truean

• Bay Watcher
  • Ok.... [sigh] It froze over....
    • View Profile
« Reply #89507 on: November 07, 2015, 11:55:26 am »

What is ... going on with South Park lately? The most recent episode Tweek X Craig was just confusing.

The whole story narrative is just... it seems off to me?

Why, why does the show have people giving people they think are gay money? Like Craig's dad, after he "accepts him" (kinda?), giving his son $100 for being gay.... I've experienced quite the opposite. I ... don't ... what the .... Does not compute?

All the same it showed a surprisingly accepting portrayal of gays and people's reaction to them? I... are they? I can't seem to tell if this is sarcasm or not?

Even more concerning, Eric Cartman wasn't portrayed as the villain???? <<---- This is perhaps most astonishingly shocking of all. There was a simple formula. Kyle was the good little Jewish boy (giving morals with "You know, I've learned something today") Stan was the everyman, Eric Cartman was the villain they dressed up like Hitler whenever possible, and Kenny just died every episode and was fill in/comic relief/running gag.
The kinda human wreckage that you love

Current Spare Time Fiction Project: (C) 2010 http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=63660.0
Disclaimer: I never take cases online for ethical reasons. If you require an attorney; you need to find one licensed to practice in your jurisdiction. Never take anything online as legal advice, because each case is different and one size does not fit all. Wants nothing at all to do with law.

Please don't quote me.

Graknorke

• Bay Watcher
  • A bomb's a bad choice for close-range combat.
    • View Profile
« Reply #89508 on: November 07, 2015, 12:08:15 pm »

The newest season is running a story arc where South Park (as in the place) gets taken over by SJWs or something. They flipped around Cartman and Kyle now, where Cartman has embraced progressivism with enthusiasm while Kyle is skeptical. I don't really know anything besides that because I haven't watched it (doesn't air in the UK as far as I know).
Cultural status:
Depleted          ☐
Enriched          ☑

Sergarr

• Bay Watcher
  • (9) airheaded baka (9)
    • View Profile
« Reply #89509 on: November 07, 2015, 12:27:39 pm »

-snip-
It's a part of growing reaction against political correctness and everything associated with it.
._.

Tack

• Bay Watcher
  • Giving nothing to a community who gave me so much.
    • View Profile
« Reply #89510 on: November 07, 2015, 12:32:44 pm »

Eh. Kyle's been shown to have his own (pretty major) flaws himself.
As for the rest of it... No idea.
Sentience, Endurance, and Thumbs: The Trifector of a Superpredator.
Yeah, he's a banned spammer. Normally we'd delete this thread too, but people were having too much fun with it by the time we got here.

Bohandas

• Bay Watcher
  • Discordia Vobis Com Et Cum Spiritum
    • View Profile
« Reply #89511 on: November 07, 2015, 12:56:47 pm »

Eh. Kyle's been shown to have his own (pretty major) flaws himself.
As for the rest of it... No idea.

Yeah, Kyle only seems good because he's paired with Cartman
NEW Petition to stop the anti-consumer, anti-worker, Trans-Pacific Partnership agreement
What is TPP
----------------------
Remember, no one can tell you who you are except an emotionally unattached outside observer making quantifiable measurements.
----------------------
Έπαινος Ερις

Bohandas

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #89512 on: November 07, 2015, 01:02:06 pm »

I seem to have picked up a virus for the first time in my long history with computers. Huh. And I thought SourceForge was reasonably credible.

So anyway, SourceForge now bundles malware with downloads unless you specifically choose the direct download. I did wonder about the wrapper, but I guess that's what I get for wondering and not doing anything about it.

I don't think I've encountered this issue.

Direct download as opposed to what? In my experie ce that's usually to specify that it's not over a torrent. Why would you download open source software over a torrent?
« Last Edit: November 07, 2015, 01:04:06 pm by Bohandas »
NEW Petition to stop the anti-consumer, anti-worker, Trans-Pacific Partnership agreement
What is TPP
----------------------
Remember, no one can tell you who you are except an emotionally unattached outside observer making quantifiable measurements.
----------------------
Έπαινος Ερις

Arx

• Bay Watcher
  • Iron within, iron without.
    • View Profile
    • Art!
« Reply #89513 on: November 07, 2015, 01:05:10 pm »

I don't think I've encountered this issue.

Direct download as opposed to what?

There's a relatively innocuous-seeming client that downloads from the default button with a filename roughly matching the one you want. It installs a mild piece of adware alongside downloading whatever you wanted. It's easy to work around, but yeah.

I am on Discord as Arx#2415.
Hail to the mind of man! / Fire in the sky
I've been waiting for you / On this day we die.

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #89514 on: November 07, 2015, 01:42:46 pm »

Generally download wrapper always = extra adware, unless you know for sure it doesn't. Doesn't matter whose offering it.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

Arx

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Art!
« Reply #89515 on: November 07, 2015, 01:43:44 pm »

Generally download wrapper always = extra adware, unless you know for sure it doesn't. Doesn't matter whose offering it.

Yeah, I generally know that. Had a bit of a brainfart this afternoon.

Bohandas

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #89516 on: November 07, 2015, 01:51:17 pm »

So when the "Your download will start in 5 seconds" thing comes up you shouls cancel out of it anf hit "direct link"?
What is TPP
----------------------
----------------------
Έπαινος Ερις

Arx

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Art!
« Reply #89517 on: November 07, 2015, 02:00:35 pm »

So when the "Your download will start in 5 seconds" thing comes up you shouls cancel out of it anf hit "direct link"?

Certainly on SourceForge. Rarely hurts elsewhere.

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #89518 on: November 07, 2015, 02:14:43 pm »

-snip-
It's a part of growing reaction against political correctness and everything associated with it.

Except political correctness, most of the time.
Love, scriver~

Sergarr

• Bay Watcher
  • (9) airheaded baka (9)
    • View Profile
« Reply #89519 on: November 07, 2015, 02:23:25 pm »

-snip-

Except political correctness, most of the time.
Well yeah, reactioneers don't really make sense most of the time. That's what makes their actions "reactions" and not "well-thought actions".
._.
Pages: 1 ... 5966 5967 [5968] 5969 5970 ... 11040