Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 5957 5958 [5959] 5960 5961 ... 11040

Author Topic: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O  (Read 14463195 times)

Graknorke

• Bay Watcher
  • A bomb's a bad choice for close-range combat.
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O
« Reply #89370 on: November 05, 2015, 07:58:29 pm »

I promise to Bay12 now that if Adventure Time ends with Finn killing himself, I will watch it. All 39 hours of it.
Cultural status:
Depleted          ☐
Enriched          ☑

Spehss _

• Bay Watcher
  • full of stars
    • View Profile
« Reply #89371 on: November 05, 2015, 08:00:02 pm »

Well another Adventure Time season...

I dunno it feels weaker and more depressing the longer the show goes on. I almost feel like the show should just end with Fin committing suicide.
Kind of an extreme ending for what's "supposed" *coughcough* to be a kids' show.

I think it's natural for shows to get lackluster the longer they run. Watching a new show that's fresh and new and invigorating is fun. Watching that show after 4 or 5 or 6 seasons, with the same content of characters, setting, themes, etc, is less fun than when it was completely new. The material gets stale.
Steam ID: Spehss Cat
Turns out you can seriously not notice how deep into this shit you went until you get out.

Fniff

• Bay Watcher
  • if you must die, die spectacularly
    • View Profile
« Reply #89372 on: November 05, 2015, 08:02:48 pm »

I dunno it feels weaker and more depressing the longer the show goes on. I almost feel like the show should just end with Fin committing suicide.
Kind of an extreme ending for what's "supposed" *coughcough* to be a kids' show.

I think it's natural for shows to get lackluster the longer they run. Watching a new show that's fresh and new and invigorating is fun. Watching that show after 4 or 5 or 6 seasons, with the same content of characters, setting, themes, etc, is less fun than when it was completely new. The material gets stale.

The only TV show that I like that went on for longer then five season is Frasier, and I haven't watched the later seasons. The thing is, after you've done everything you can with the characters at hand, you either go completely lackluster as you retread ground or go utterly whacky with characters becoming complete cartoons of themselves.

Some series manage to do both of these, The Simpsons.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #89373 on: November 05, 2015, 08:06:29 pm »

Now you SAY that but recently they released shorts of Adventure time and the general consensus is that they are a lot more entertaining then current Adventure Time

The kicker? they were made during Season 2 and were simply unreleased until now.

Newer episodes of Adventure Time IS genuinely darker and less fun. It isn't just series fatigue.

And yes I genuinely believe that the best ending the series could have is Fin committing suicide. It just fits thematically. You know that theme, life is a tortuous existence that seems fine at first but in the end all your doing is staving off the dread that simply existing brings.

majikero

• Bay Watcher
  • Poi~
    • View Profile
« Reply #89374 on: November 05, 2015, 08:07:43 pm »

I'm pretty sure its the kind of show you can watch by jumping in at any episode at random and still enjoy it without starting from episode 1.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #89375 on: November 05, 2015, 08:57:27 pm »

STEAM, STOP INSISTING I AUTHENTICATE MY BROWSER EVERY TIME I NEED TO USE IT.
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

Tack

• Bay Watcher
  • Giving nothing to a community who gave me so much.
    • View Profile
« Reply #89376 on: November 05, 2015, 09:28:04 pm »

wow

i should probably get that cable to install the TB hard drive sitting in the room behind me
As an owner of a TB hard drive... that is not a permanent fix.
Sentience, Endurance, and Thumbs: The Trifector of a Superpredator.
Yeah, he's a banned spammer. Normally we'd delete this thread too, but people were having too much fun with it by the time we got here.

Bohandas

• Bay Watcher
  • Discordia Vobis Com Et Cum Spiritum
    • View Profile
« Reply #89377 on: November 05, 2015, 10:48:22 pm »

I'm pretty sure its the kind of show you can watch by jumping in at any episode at random and still enjoy it without starting from episode 1.

Actually it's increasingly not (though they don't need to be in exact order) and that's a big part of the problem.

The decreasing quality of the visuals is another issue.

The only TV show that I like that went on for longer then five season is Frasier, and I haven't watched the later seasons. The thing is, after you've done everything you can with the characters at hand, you either go completely lackluster as you retread ground or go utterly whacky with characters becoming complete cartoons of themselves.

Some series manage to do both of these, The Simpsons.

But The Simpsons *IS* a cartoon!
« Last Edit: November 05, 2015, 10:51:34 pm by Bohandas »
NEW Petition to stop the anti-consumer, anti-worker, Trans-Pacific Partnership agreement
What is TPP
----------------------
Remember, no one can tell you who you are except an emotionally unattached outside observer making quantifiable measurements.
----------------------
Έπαινος Ερις

Descan

• Bay Watcher
  • [HEADING INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #89378 on: November 05, 2015, 10:52:34 pm »

Apparently dating someone who looks like your ex means you're in denial. :v

... 'cause it's totally not possible for someone to have a type. Nope.
Quote from: SalmonGod
Your innocent viking escapades for canadian social justice and immortality make my flagellum wiggle, too.
Quote from: Myroc
Descan confirmed for antichrist.
Quote from: LeoLeonardoIII
I wonder if any of us don't love Descan.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #89379 on: November 05, 2015, 11:09:11 pm »

Apparently dating someone who looks like your ex means you're in denial. :v

... 'cause it's totally not possible for someone to have a type. Nope.

Denial about what frankly...

Worst case scenario lets say you still like your Ex so you dated someone similar... So freeken what?

Descan

• Bay Watcher
  • [HEADING INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #89380 on: November 05, 2015, 11:29:30 pm »

*shrug*
Quote from: SalmonGod
Your innocent viking escapades for canadian social justice and immortality make my flagellum wiggle, too.
Quote from: Myroc
Descan confirmed for antichrist.
Quote from: LeoLeonardoIII
I wonder if any of us don't love Descan.

Spehss _

• Bay Watcher
  • full of stars
    • View Profile
« Reply #89381 on: November 05, 2015, 11:45:39 pm »

The decreasing quality of the visuals is another issue.
That's probably a result of growing use of computer generated animation, and all the animation shortcuts that can provide. Which is good to use, because it saves production money. Gotta keep money as the priority, right? Quality comes second.

something something animation ghetto something something
Turns out you can seriously not notice how deep into this shit you went until you get out.

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #89382 on: November 05, 2015, 11:54:15 pm »

>implying that animation today isn't basically at its best in history

Spehss _

• Bay Watcher
  • full of stars
    • View Profile
« Reply #89383 on: November 05, 2015, 11:55:56 pm »

>implying that animation today isn't basically at its best in history
It probably is, yeah. But that doesn't mean there isn't faults.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #89384 on: November 06, 2015, 12:23:25 am »

Ever saw a really predictable set up... then were suddenly impressed because the characters weren't going to do it... and then they did it anyway?

Saw Johnny Bravo about to sign a clearly evil contract but instead of signing it, like the moron he is, he pointed out that it was a clearly evil contract and he shouldn't sign it, refuses to sign it, the villain gives a weak reasoning, and then Johnny signs it.

I guess the issue was that him not signing it was actually MORE interesting... Since it would mean the villain and Johnny would have to do something. While the contract means absolutely nothing...
Pages: 1 ... 5957 5958 [5959] 5960 5961 ... 11040