Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 5921 5922 [5923] 5924 5925 ... 11039

Author Topic: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O  (Read 14433354 times)

TD1

• Bay Watcher
  • Childe Roland to the Dark Tower Came
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O
« Reply #88830 on: October 29, 2015, 11:52:20 am »

Also, I wouldn't jump the gun on seeing a doctor unless the pain is really not going away. Of course, I also think going to a doctor is very frequently a waste of money, so maybe don't listen to me too much. Especially if you have good healthcare.

National Health Service!
Mwahahahaha, look at all you plebs.

Ninja'd by roy.
Life before death, strength before weakness, journey before destination
  TD1 has claimed the title of Penblessed the Endless Fountain of Epics!
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread

TempAcc

• Bay Watcher
  • [CASTE:SATAN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #88831 on: October 29, 2015, 11:53:26 am »

I don't have a specific reason to get back to exercising myself constantly, really, its just that there are things in life that demand stamina enough to do repeated movements constantly, at different rates and under different positions for more than one hour, so a bit of extra stamina can be quite helpful :v
On normal internet forums, threads devolve from content into trolling. On Bay12, it's the other way around.
There is no God but TempAcc, and He is His own Prophet.

wobbly

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #88832 on: October 29, 2015, 11:57:17 am »

Now why does that statement seem so lewd...  ::)

Arx

• Bay Watcher
  • Iron within, iron without.
    • View Profile
    • Art!
« Reply #88833 on: October 29, 2015, 12:01:21 pm »

I could get free healthcare, as far as I know, I'd just have to go to a government clinic with an overworked doctor, an insanely long queue and nauseating, horrific, abyssal hygiene. It's incredible in some places. So I go to the doctors that will charge me R320 (~$30) to tell me that yes, I do indeed have <whatever I'm there for> and that yes, they can and will prescribe <whatever I've gone there to get a prescription for>. It bothers me on principle.

Meh. Makes no difference to my weight anyway. I don't put on anything, so all's good. Might help with muscle strength, but that's not really a big concern I have.

I do it because noodle limbs look terrible, mainly. Also because general health, hockey, archery, hiking.

Now why does that statement seem so lewd...  ::)

Because you are unfamiliar with the datum that the average session of, ahem, full-contact friendship, lasts about seven minutes?

I am on Discord as Arx#2415.
Hail to the mind of man! / Fire in the sky
I've been waiting for you / On this day we die.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #88834 on: October 29, 2015, 12:03:05 pm »

Ahhh, exercise. How I loathe and avoid you.

Meh. Makes no difference to my weight anyway. I don't put on anything, so all's good. Might help with muscle strength, but that's not really a big concern I have.

Most exercise I ever did was when I was learning to row. Stuck with it because it was fun.

Honestly why don't we just discover more active fun activities? Versus more boring ways to make exercise even worse?

I'd probably swim everyday if I could.

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #88835 on: October 29, 2015, 12:03:47 pm »

Another example is the 100 monkeys effect. The theory is that Japanese "scientists" (who? when?) discovered that once 100 monkeys discover something, the concept becomes embedded in the universal unconscious and all monkeys can do it. I've met actual people who believe in this for real.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hundredth_monkey_effect
monkeys = tyrannids confirmed

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

wobbly

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #88836 on: October 29, 2015, 12:16:30 pm »

Because you are unfamiliar with the datum that the average session of, ahem, full-contact friendship, lasts about seven minutes?

Nah familiar, & still sounds lewd.

Most exercise I ever did was when I was learning to row. Stuck with it because it was fun.

Honestly why don't we just discover more active fun activities? Versus more boring ways to make exercise even worse?

Probably because we have. You named 1 right there, so did dwarfy above. I'd rather climb then lift weights. Seems to me plenty of people just think "I need to get fit, I should join a gym" without considering other options.

ggamer

• Bay Watcher
  • Reach Heaven through Violence
    • View Profile
« Reply #88837 on: October 29, 2015, 12:36:20 pm »

I feel like Anita Sarkeesian is now just someone who gets sent hate mail by trolls that she talks about, and that's the only thing she does anymore.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #88838 on: October 29, 2015, 12:38:08 pm »

I feel like Anita Sarkeesian is now just someone who gets sent hate mail by trolls that she talks about, and that's the only thing she does anymore.

It is more that at this point no one cares about a single thing she has to say, only that she is a victim.

Since to my knowledge she is still creating content... but unlike before where people took her somewhat seriously, controversial but seriously, now people just kind of see her as a joke and her opinions asinine.

Graknorke

• Bay Watcher
  • A bomb's a bad choice for close-range combat.
    • View Profile
« Reply #88839 on: October 29, 2015, 12:59:07 pm »

she is still creating content
Well not really. She comments on stuff that happens but she's not even bothering to make up harassing twitter accounts any more. Not like it matters, she's already made her shekels.
Cultural status:
Depleted          ☐
Enriched          ☑

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #88840 on: October 29, 2015, 01:06:59 pm »

I am kind of glad she isn't around anymore (well not glad of the circumstances that caused it mind you).

The brought forth only the worst unprogressive garbage back into gaming while basically exciting the actual sexists to action and pretty much dooming the reputation of feminism to any 'gamer' out there who even cared about the issues.

I will always defend her right to her views. Heck I probably wouldn't be so harsh on her if she was at least clear and honest in expressing them.
« Last Edit: October 29, 2015, 01:17:51 pm by Neonivek »

Bouchart

• Bay Watcher
  • [NO_WORK]
    • View Profile
« Reply #88841 on: October 29, 2015, 01:25:17 pm »

The only exercise I've ever liked is bicycling, and I try to put in a few hours each week.

Bohandas

• Bay Watcher
  • Discordia Vobis Com Et Cum Spiritum
    • View Profile
« Reply #88842 on: October 29, 2015, 01:44:48 pm »

Many men are also born with the wrong parts.
I don't see what intersexed cerebral microanatomy has to do with it?
NEW Petition to stop the anti-consumer, anti-worker, Trans-Pacific Partnership agreement
What is TPP
----------------------
Remember, no one can tell you who you are except an emotionally unattached outside observer making quantifiable measurements.
----------------------
Έπαινος Ερις

TempAcc

• Bay Watcher
  • [CASTE:SATAN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #88843 on: October 29, 2015, 01:47:16 pm »

Oh man, it sure did, after a while you kinda create resistance and it starts to become more and more elaborate, to the point that your physicial endurance starts being tested. Few things are stranger than the female body and its seemingly magical ability of obtaining multiple climaxes :v
« Last Edit: October 29, 2015, 01:48:51 pm by TempAcc »
On normal internet forums, threads devolve from content into trolling. On Bay12, it's the other way around.
There is no God but TempAcc, and He is His own Prophet.

Reelya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #88844 on: October 29, 2015, 01:48:14 pm »

I just realised I haven't seen The Merchant of Menace for a while. A look at his profile says he was last on about a month and a third ago, but he hasn't posted in over a YEAR.

Wonder why.
That's miss Merchant of Menace to you. Not a he.
Pages: 1 ... 5921 5922 [5923] 5924 5925 ... 11039