Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 5898 5899 [5900] 5901 5902 ... 11040

Author Topic: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O  (Read 14450598 times)

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O
« Reply #88485 on: October 25, 2015, 10:43:23 pm »

... today I learned that there are 1,225 distinct coins in super mario bros. That. That seems so very cruel.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

Bouchart

• Bay Watcher
  • [NO_WORK]
    • View Profile
« Reply #88486 on: October 25, 2015, 10:57:45 pm »

I take it that doesn't count the coin blocks that have variable amounts in them.

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #88487 on: October 25, 2015, 11:45:04 pm »

a bug just played a note on the guitar sitting next to me

EDIT: LIBREOFFICE IMPRESS IS AWFUL OH MY GOD

it keeps like... messing itself up??? over something??? and half of stuff suddenly shifts over in a direction a bunch and then it crashes

sometimes it doesn't recognize that an object has width, so you have to manually find the width is at and adjust from there; unfortunately, this tends to multiply the height by approximately (height/width), which naturally is probably something like 0.6/0 wait oh god no, then you've got an 80,000 inch tall formula on your hands
« Last Edit: October 25, 2015, 11:50:43 pm by Putnam »

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #88488 on: October 25, 2015, 11:52:11 pm »

Musical shield bug eh? And here I thought they could only play the song of their people on the side of the goddamn house by crashing into it repeatedly
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #88489 on: October 25, 2015, 11:54:46 pm »

Musical shield bug eh?

excuse me how the fuck did you know that

i didn't say it was a shield bug

i didn't even know what that was until just now

and i looked it up and yeah that's what it is

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #88490 on: October 25, 2015, 11:58:02 pm »

Because i know you live over in Spokane area, I lived there too, I'm still practically next door. Those little bastards are about as omnipresent as God is supposed to be this time of year. And they're really fucking annoying and get into everything. Like guitars.

How the fuck could you live in the northwest US and NOT know everythig you didnt want to about the damn shield bugs, anyway? :v
« Last Edit: October 26, 2015, 12:00:11 am by Eric Blank »
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #88491 on: October 26, 2015, 12:04:09 am »

we... actually don't get those in Clarkston, believe it or not. Maybe it's the lack of trees.

I'm in Walla Walla now. There's a lot of trees here.

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #88492 on: October 26, 2015, 12:07:14 am »

That'd explain it I guess. They do need sufficiently juicy plants to murder, after all.
I make Spellcrafts!

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #88493 on: October 26, 2015, 12:09:47 am »

also i live in the house of someone who's a bit of trash neglect away from being a hoarder so

i found a pack of gum from 1993 a few days ago

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #88494 on: October 26, 2015, 12:12:18 am »

No, no, having your house immaculately clean won't dissuade the bastards. They don't care either way. It would make it more difficult to notice them, though.
I make Spellcrafts!

itisnotlogical

• Bay Watcher
  • might be dat boi
    • View Profile
« Reply #88495 on: October 26, 2015, 05:31:33 am »

So on most trackpads, a tap with one finger is a left click and tapping with two fingers is a right click, right? I just discovered that my computer recognizes three-fnger taps (opens the Search menu) and four-finger taps (opens the Action Center).
This game is Curtain Fire Shooting Game.
Girls do their best now and are preparing. Please watch warmly until it is ready.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #88496 on: October 26, 2015, 05:46:10 am »

The movie Let's kill Wards wife.

Starts out as a somewhat weird dark comedy type of deal, nothing too special, only maybe how hard it's trying to portray the titular wife as an absolutely hateable piece of shit. And then the murder thing happens and stuff gets stupidly wierd from there, like, uncomfortable levels of wierd (and I'm very used to some wierd stuff), to the point of actually wondering what the fuck were they thinking when they made this.
Well great, now I have to watch it. How much is/are the producer/producers paying you?!

Also I very much enjoyed To Kill A Mockingbird, although it's been a while since I read it and I don't remember it very well.
I don't think I was excited by the political undertones so much as the interactions between the main characters and how external events affected them.
I'll have to re-read it sometime.
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Arx

• Bay Watcher
  • Iron within, iron without.
    • View Profile
    • Art!
« Reply #88497 on: October 26, 2015, 07:18:40 am »

WiFi messes with weather radar/

The article is paywalled, but the first three paragraphs really say all you need to know. I suppose it was inevitable.

I am on Discord as Arx#2415.
Hail to the mind of man! / Fire in the sky
I've been waiting for you / On this day we die.

wierd

• Bay Watcher
  • I like to eat small children.
    • View Profile
« Reply #88498 on: October 26, 2015, 07:33:12 am »

This doesnt make much sense... the unlicensed spectrum used by wifi (2.4Ghz) attenuates rapidly in open air due to interaction with water molecules. That is WHY it is used in microwave ovens--Water absorbs the shit out of it, and gets hot!!

Sadly, being paywalled, I dont know if they are calling whitespace radios "wifi" here, or if they are talking the 5ghz band, or what.

Reporters are rather uneducated/stupid these days when it comes to science and technology; they almost always get it wrong somehow.

Now I am gonna see if I can dig up a different source on this.

Arx

• Bay Watcher
  • Iron within, iron without.
    • View Profile
    • Art!
« Reply #88499 on: October 26, 2015, 07:38:01 am »

From the cited paper: "Wireless technology, such as local area telecommunication networks and surveillance cameras, causes severe interference for weather radars, because they use the same operational radio frequencies."

Emphasis mine.

It's entirely possible that the very impressive graphic they have there is from one of the other sources though.

I am on Discord as Arx#2415.
Hail to the mind of man! / Fire in the sky
I've been waiting for you / On this day we die.
Pages: 1 ... 5898 5899 [5900] 5901 5902 ... 11040