Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 5857 5858 [5859] 5860 5861 ... 11037

Author Topic: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O  (Read 14470282 times)

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O
« Reply #87870 on: October 16, 2015, 05:39:10 pm »

And it's still spring.
Wait, what? Oh, you were the guy from Venezuela, right?
No. Check my profile. I can barely speak spanish, even, being limited to a few words.
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

Helgoland

• Bay Watcher
  • No man is an island.
    • View Profile
« Reply #87871 on: October 16, 2015, 06:32:36 pm »

Meh, almost :P Aren't Spanish and Portuguese almost mutually intelligible though?
The Bay12 postcard club
Arguably he's already a progressive, just one in the style of an enlightened Kaiser.
I'm going to do the smart thing here and disengage. This isn't a hill I paticularly care to die on.

Bouchart

• Bay Watcher
  • [NO_WORK]
    • View Profile
« Reply #87872 on: October 16, 2015, 06:39:07 pm »

They're similar enough that if you know one you can muddle your way through the other.

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile
« Reply #87873 on: October 16, 2015, 06:53:07 pm »

Meh, almost :P Aren't Spanish and Portuguese almost mutually intelligible though?
Only with simple words and by speaking slowly. Otherwise, it's just enough to know if they are insulting you.
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

Helgoland

• Bay Watcher
  • No man is an island.
    • View Profile
« Reply #87874 on: October 16, 2015, 06:55:27 pm »

Only with simple words and by speaking slowly. Otherwise, it's just enough to know if they are insulting you.
Heh, that's about my level of Spanish - and I had three years' worth of classes...
The Bay12 postcard club
Arguably he's already a progressive, just one in the style of an enlightened Kaiser.
I'm going to do the smart thing here and disengage. This isn't a hill I paticularly care to die on.

Blaze

• Bay Watcher
  • The Chaos that Crawls up on you with a Smile.
    • View Profile
« Reply #87875 on: October 16, 2015, 07:27:52 pm »

Payday 2 apparently added Micro-transactions and crates similar to the Mannconomy of TF2 or CS:GO.

The Steam Page is being buried by negative reviews. In one minute I refreshed the page and it lost 30 positives and gained 50 negatives.

It's Paid Mods all over again.

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #87876 on: October 16, 2015, 07:31:05 pm »

Payday 2 apparently added Micro-transactions and crates similar to the Mannconomy of TF2 or CS:GO.

The Steam Page is being buried by negative reviews. In one minute I refreshed the page and it lost 30 positives and gained 50 negatives.

It's Paid Mods all over again.
Oh god damn it, I just started playing Payday! Fucking hell, is that what the secret was? I hope this hate train rides them down.
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #87877 on: October 16, 2015, 07:42:12 pm »

My mom took my dice. Apparently it's important that she hold onto them for me.

I am slowly turning back into an infant, it seems.

You should move out, man.
Love, scriver~

BlackFlyme

• Bay Watcher
  • BlackFlyme cancels Work: Interrupted by bird.
    • View Profile
« Reply #87878 on: October 16, 2015, 07:53:40 pm »

I need a better paying job that I have now. May need a vehicle license so I can get around easily as well. And a vehicle. Plus I still need to complete college.

Plus I have very little experience taking care of a residence. Or even just taking care of myself.

I'm not even trusted to hold onto my own medications, despite having to remind my mom more often than not when its time to take them.

Helgoland

• Bay Watcher
  • No man is an island.
    • View Profile
« Reply #87879 on: October 16, 2015, 08:00:12 pm »

Plus I have very little experience taking care of a residence. Or even just taking care of myself.
You'll pick up on that fairly quickly, I think. Especially if it's part of affirming your independence.
The Bay12 postcard club

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #87880 on: October 16, 2015, 08:08:57 pm »

Also pretty much any bit of residence care you care to care about you can find info about fairly easily online. Same with personal maintenance, really...
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #87881 on: October 16, 2015, 09:09:17 pm »

If I can do it, anyone can. :P
But yeah, I know how impossible it feels to escape from a situation like that. Looking back, it's amazing I managed to do so myself. I can remember how terrified I was by the whole idea- but I also remember how much better I felt about myself after I made the leap and moved out.
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

TheDarkStar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #87882 on: October 16, 2015, 10:12:29 pm »

TIL that there's such thing as the derivative of a number. Admittedly, the only reason for the name seems to be because both kinds of derivative follow the product rule.

This might not be the math thread, but it's still something odd I learned today.
Don't die; it's bad for your health!

it happened it happened it happen im so hyped to actually get attacked now

Bauglir

• Bay Watcher
  • Let us make Good
    • View Profile
« Reply #87883 on: October 16, 2015, 10:58:04 pm »

In the days when Sussman was a novice, Minsky once came to him as he sat hacking at the PDP-6.
“What are you doing?”, asked Minsky. “I am training a randomly wired neural net to play Tic-Tac-Toe” Sussman replied. “Why is the net wired randomly?”, asked Minsky. “I do not want it to have any preconceptions of how to play”, Sussman said.
Minsky then shut his eyes. “Why do you close your eyes?”, Sussman asked his teacher.
“So that the room will be empty.”
At that moment, Sussman was enlightened.

Descan

• Bay Watcher
  • [HEADING INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #87884 on: October 16, 2015, 11:02:06 pm »

TIL that there's such thing as the derivative of a number. Admittedly, the only reason for the name seems to be because both kinds of derivative follow the product rule.

This might not be the math thread, but it's still something odd I learned today.
That is basic calculus, yes.
Quote from: SalmonGod
Your innocent viking escapades for canadian social justice and immortality make my flagellum wiggle, too.
Quote from: Myroc
Descan confirmed for antichrist.
Quote from: LeoLeonardoIII
I wonder if any of us don't love Descan.
Pages: 1 ... 5857 5858 [5859] 5860 5861 ... 11037