Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 5833 5834 [5835] 5836 5837 ... 11037

Author Topic: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O  (Read 14468861 times)

TD1

• Bay Watcher
  • Childe Roland to the Dark Tower Came
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O
« Reply #87510 on: October 11, 2015, 04:49:13 pm »

Socrates walks among us once again.

Praise the logic!
Life before death, strength before weakness, journey before destination
  TD1 has claimed the title of Penblessed the Endless Fountain of Epics!
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread

Tawa

• Bay Watcher
  • the first mankind all over the world
    • View Profile
« Reply #87511 on: October 11, 2015, 04:51:25 pm »

Nonsense!
I don't use Bay12 much anymore. PM me if you need to get in touch with me and I'll send you my Discord handle.

Graknorke

• Bay Watcher
  • A bomb's a bad choice for close-range combat.
    • View Profile
« Reply #87512 on: October 11, 2015, 04:52:49 pm »

Your face is ugly!
Cultural status:
Depleted          ☐
Enriched          ☑

Noyemi K

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Delmun Soft
« Reply #87513 on: October 11, 2015, 04:55:34 pm »

Another wtf is that it's 90 friggin' degrees outside even though it's almost the middle of october. The mornings are nice and chilly though.

scrdest

• Bay Watcher
  • Girlcat?/o_ o
    • View Profile
« Reply #87514 on: October 11, 2015, 05:04:23 pm »

Another wtf is that it's 90 friggin' degrees outside even though it's almost the middle of october. The mornings are nice and chilly though.
Jeez, where do you live, Hell?
We are doomed. It's just that whatever is going to kill us all just happens to be, from a scientific standpoint, pretty frickin' awesome.

Truean

• Bay Watcher
  • Ok.... [sigh] It froze over....
    • View Profile
« Reply #87515 on: October 11, 2015, 05:09:07 pm »

Cursive is dying and nearly dead in some ways. Personally, I always found it focused my ink-flowing thoughts, adding slight pause and consideration before penning. Pens have no backspace key, ink is harder to correct, so I took more care. This ... in stark contrast to today's youtube comments....

At 120 wpm typing, no technocrat can call me fossil. My skills are modern, though feature some relics for good measure. Operational skill of an abacus, slide rule, or calculator, does not preclude mastery of the computer. Quite contrary, this augments emergence of understanding, and supplants it in emergency.

Supply and demand, that's all anything is. Having less of anything makes it more valuable, sadly, in dollars, and in dignity. Sadder still, the reverse is true also. Freedom, skill, health, knowledge, choice, anything, everything, becomes "just" ________, when you have it. Everything, worthless when had, priceless when wanted. Apply to any knowledge of any skill, including cursive....

Meh.
The kinda human wreckage that you love

Current Spare Time Fiction Project: (C) 2010 http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=63660.0
Disclaimer: I never take cases online for ethical reasons. If you require an attorney; you need to find one licensed to practice in your jurisdiction. Never take anything online as legal advice, because each case is different and one size does not fit all. Wants nothing at all to do with law.

Please don't quote me.

Noyemi K

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Delmun Soft
« Reply #87516 on: October 11, 2015, 05:10:44 pm »

Only in the summer and early fall. But yes.

And I don't have air conditioning!  :D

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #87517 on: October 11, 2015, 07:55:38 pm »

Sounds a bit like current California weather. It's still over 100 during the day in some places.
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile
« Reply #87518 on: October 11, 2015, 08:38:21 pm »

Damn you imperial measurement users forcing me to use an online converter. 32,22...C ain't the end of the world though. Hot, but not too unbearable. Gotta say I don't look forward to summer, meteorologists are saying it'll be about 4 degrees hotter on average, and since temperatures consistently hit 40 before...

I'll treasure these last few months before the oven hits.
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

BurnedToast

• Bay Watcher
  • Personal Text
    • View Profile
« Reply #87519 on: October 11, 2015, 09:24:18 pm »

I'm not sure coffee addiction would be an addiction to coffee (the physiological addiction, that is, not psychological) or if it would be an addiction to caffeine. Only reason I'm not sure is coffee may have some OTHER stuff in it that forms and addiction.
Nah, it's caffeine. Caffeine's pretty habit-forming. I read somewhere that after a week of caffing it up you end up being back where you started WHEN ON CAFFEINE. I.e. you're as alert as a non-coffee-drinking person.

Caffeine is not addictive, there has never been a documented case of genuine caffeine addiction in humans despite all the jokes made. Caffeine does often cause a mild physical dependence with moderate to heavy use - but there's a difference between that and compulsive addiction.
An ambush! curse all friends of nature!

TheDarkStar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #87520 on: October 11, 2015, 09:59:29 pm »

Caffeine does often cause a mild physical dependence with moderate to heavy use - but there's a difference between that and compulsive addiction.

Isn't physical dependence the definition of physiological addiction?
Don't die; it's bad for your health!

it happened it happened it happen im so hyped to actually get attacked now

Orange Wizard

• Bay Watcher
  • mou ii yo
    • View Profile
    • S M U G
« Reply #87521 on: October 11, 2015, 10:10:54 pm »

Compulsive addiction meaning it's psychological and not physiological
Please don't shitpost, it lowers the quality of discourse
Hard science is like a sword, and soft science is like fear. You can use both to equally powerful results, but even if your opponent disbelieve your stabs, they will still die.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #87522 on: October 11, 2015, 10:38:03 pm »

Damn you imperial measurement users forcing me to use an online converter. 32,22...C ain't the end of the world though. Hot, but not too unbearable. Gotta say I don't look forward to summer, meteorologists are saying it'll be about 4 degrees hotter on average, and since temperatures consistently hit 40 before...

I'll treasure these last few months before the oven hits.

Consistently? Mmm... that sounds lovely.
Consider me jelly. Here we're generally lucky to get a few 40+ degrees days in a Summer.
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #87523 on: October 12, 2015, 12:07:45 am »

Remember kids, you can make data say anything you like as long as you use the proper wording!

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

EnigmaticHat

• Bay Watcher
  • I vibrate, I die, I vibrate again
    • View Profile
« Reply #87524 on: October 12, 2015, 01:33:49 am »

That's kind of a dangerous line to draw isn't it?  The brain is a sack of conductive meat, how you think is tied to the physical state of your body, ect. ect.  It seems like in this day and age its difficult to argue that there's a hard line there.

A cursory google search reveals that the wikipedia article on the topic flat out states that caffeine addiction has never been sighted in humans, however the all it has is a single link to a non-electronic source.  It also has a source that DOES say caffeine addiction is a thing which makes such a direct statement coming out of wikipedia rather odd.  I assume its a page that doesn't get much traffic.

Everything else on the front page of Google gives much more wishy-washy answers.  The straightest one that actually bothered to explain itself was WebMD which basically said that it depends on how you define addiction: the mechanisms of addiction are there but it isn't as harmful as harder drugs so it doesn't fulfill the "adverse effects" requirement of addiction.
"T-take this non-euclidean geometry, h-humanity-baka. I m-made it, but not because I l-li-l-like you or anything! I just felt s-sorry for you, b-baka."
You misspelled seance.  Are possessing Draignean?  Are you actually a ghost in the shell? You have to tell us if you are, that's the rule
Pages: 1 ... 5833 5834 [5835] 5836 5837 ... 11037