Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 5786 5787 [5788] 5789 5790 ... 11037

Author Topic: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O  (Read 14468589 times)

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O
« Reply #86805 on: September 28, 2015, 10:41:52 pm »

Hmm yeah, that'd be especially true if we were eating eagles...  or other carnivores.
But we practically exclusively eat herbivore meat.
This is, however (as mentioned) why large fish tend to have higher concentrations of mercury, and why they're less wise to eat.

Alternatively: stop imposing your Western cultural imperialism on us, American dog.

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #86806 on: September 28, 2015, 10:45:55 pm »

I mean yeah it's true that mercury becomes more concentrated as you go up the food chain...

I'm saying we're, by choice, usually eating from low on the food chain.  So eagles have it rough, but we're okay.
I guess that cannibalism would make things worse by a step, but I argue it'd be such a tiny portion of a typical diet (even assuming 100% cannibalism which is absurd) that it wouldn't have much impact.
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #86807 on: September 28, 2015, 10:47:05 pm »

Okay, here is a major WTF

Somehow, and supposedly merely by copying a bunch of images and video off of a DVD from a family gathering, my dad managed to fuck up his entire computer. Just about every single program now opens Windows Media Center. Twice.

Steam? WMC.
Internet Explorer? WMC.
Email? WMC.
Anti-virus? WMC.

Now I'm expected to fix it. I mean, if it were simply opening all image files in WMC or something I could probably change the default program settings to stop it. But how the goddamn hell do you get the computer to stop thinking that most every .exe is actually WMC? How the fuck could something like that even happen in the first place?!
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #86808 on: September 28, 2015, 10:47:30 pm »

Y'all haters just don't like Mary the cannibal sheep because she's got brown wool
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #86809 on: September 28, 2015, 10:52:58 pm »

Somehow, and supposedly merely by copying a bunch of images and video off of a DVD from a family gathering, my dad managed to fuck up his entire computer. Just about every single program now opens Windows Media Center. Twice.

Steam? WMC.
Internet Explorer? WMC.
Email? WMC.
Anti-virus? WMC.

Now I'm expected to fix it. I mean, if it were simply opening all image files in WMC or something I could probably change the default program settings to stop it. But how the goddamn hell do you get the computer to stop thinking that most every .exe is actually WMC? How the fuck could something like that even happen in the first place?!

Oh, that happened to my brother's computer once

http://www.winhelponline.com/blog/exe-file-association-windows-7-vista/

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #86810 on: September 28, 2015, 11:00:09 pm »

Y'all haters just don't like Mary the cannibal sheep because she's got brown wool
Man, there ain't no hate for the cannibal sheep. I just think she needs an awesome fez stained in the blood of her people. Mary the Metal, Eater of Lambs, Bringer of Silence, Wearer of the Bloodied Fez, the Killing Sea. Bring this to truth, EB. Make it reality. Construct the fez.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #86811 on: September 28, 2015, 11:15:57 pm »

Steam? WMC.
Internet Explorer? WMC.
Email? WMC.
Anti-virus? WMC.

Pray he has a Windows restore point.
Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti

Bauglir

• Bay Watcher
  • Let us make Good
    • View Profile
« Reply #86812 on: September 28, 2015, 11:39:55 pm »

So the only fix is to download a registry file from the Internet and blindly merge it, or else to manage to edit your registry without regedit (which is a .exe if memory serves?)? Jesus.
In the days when Sussman was a novice, Minsky once came to him as he sat hacking at the PDP-6.
“What are you doing?”, asked Minsky. “I am training a randomly wired neural net to play Tic-Tac-Toe” Sussman replied. “Why is the net wired randomly?”, asked Minsky. “I do not want it to have any preconceptions of how to play”, Sussman said.
Minsky then shut his eyes. “Why do you close your eyes?”, Sussman asked his teacher.
“So that the room will be empty.”
At that moment, Sussman was enlightened.

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #86813 on: September 29, 2015, 12:09:14 am »

Steam? WMC.
Internet Explorer? WMC.
Email? WMC.
Anti-virus? WMC.

Oh, that happened to my brother's computer once

http://www.winhelponline.com/blog/exe-file-association-windows-7-vista/
THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU

Microsoft's help desk was having me create additional profiles and transferring files over (except for a few hidden files) but it wasn't working and ahhhhhhhhhh
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

Sergarr

• Bay Watcher
  • (9) airheaded baka (9)
    • View Profile
« Reply #86814 on: September 29, 2015, 02:40:52 am »

How the fuck could something like that even happen in the first place?!
Hell if I know. I once managed to somehow fuck my old computer to the point where every single .msi program it was trying to install was doing so in Korean language (and quite often randomly failing to do so for no apparent reason), and every time I right clicked on any file or a folder it tried to install some other .msi program (and failing). I've had to go on some deep Google search to find a way to fix that.
._.

Orange Wizard

• Bay Watcher
  • mou ii yo
    • View Profile
    • S M U G
« Reply #86815 on: September 29, 2015, 03:53:47 am »

Now I feel silly.
Yep. That's what you get for listening to MRAs :V
The obvious solution is to never listen to anyone except myself, then I never have to be wrong again.
Please don't shitpost, it lowers the quality of discourse
Hard science is like a sword, and soft science is like fear. You can use both to equally powerful results, but even if your opponent disbelieve your stabs, they will still die.

scrdest

• Bay Watcher
  • Girlcat?/o_ o
    • View Profile
« Reply #86816 on: September 29, 2015, 08:56:58 am »

In a random article, I found this picture:

Seriously, look at that guy. You wouldn't think twice if he walked into a Starbucks. The photo is from 1958.
We are doomed. It's just that whatever is going to kill us all just happens to be, from a scientific standpoint, pretty frickin' awesome.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #86817 on: September 29, 2015, 09:10:25 am »

I have realized that I have the most slightest extreme reaction to being tickled, that any poke of the finger at my tummy or sides elicits a very strong aversive reaction.

Meaning I am very vulnerable to tickles. [Thanks big bro]
And I just realized how exact it is...now that I get to write it down.

Ahh. ._.

Bouchart

• Bay Watcher
  • [NO_WORK]
    • View Profile
« Reply #86818 on: September 29, 2015, 09:43:47 am »

You have a bright future ahead of you as the next Pillsbury Doughboy.

Descan

• Bay Watcher
  • [HEADING INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #86819 on: September 29, 2015, 10:04:24 am »

In a random article, I found this picture:

Seriously, look at that guy. You wouldn't think twice if he walked into a Starbucks. The photo is from 1958.
That's a hot Nazi priest.
Quote from: SalmonGod
Your innocent viking escapades for canadian social justice and immortality make my flagellum wiggle, too.
Quote from: Myroc
Descan confirmed for antichrist.
Quote from: LeoLeonardoIII
I wonder if any of us don't love Descan.
Pages: 1 ... 5786 5787 [5788] 5789 5790 ... 11037