Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 5768 5769 [5770] 5771 5772 ... 11040

Author Topic: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O  (Read 14464067 times)

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O
« Reply #86535 on: September 24, 2015, 05:59:33 pm »

I've determined what folders CHKDISK hid away. One is Start Menu shortcuts for something. Another was the music folder for a demo of Gunpoint that I've had installed for so long, another appears to be folders of browser scripts for Avast. Where that last one goes, I have no goddamned clue.
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile
« Reply #86536 on: September 24, 2015, 06:01:52 pm »

Maybe not the Devil's fault. God made Satan knowing the entire future course of history, and currently limits his power (which was given to the Beast by God in the first place), so it sort of stands to reason that the Devil is just an instrument for the Will of God, as (and this is a quote from my minister) "Everything is God's will."
When paired with the knowledge that "will" is an old English euphemism for penis, that quote becomes infinitely more arousing amusing.

Remember, knowledge is power. The power to make other people feel stupid.
Quote from: Neil DeGrasse Tyson
Science is like an inoculation against charlatans who would have you believe whatever it is they tell you.

TD1

• Bay Watcher
  • Childe Roland to the Dark Tower Came
    • View Profile
« Reply #86537 on: September 24, 2015, 06:03:36 pm »

So, given that to die also meant to have an orgasm, when I say "everyone will die" it can also mean "everyone penis orgasm"?
Life before death, strength before weakness, journey before destination
  TD1 has claimed the title of Penblessed the Endless Fountain of Epics!
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread

NJW2000

• Bay Watcher
  • You know me. What do I know?
    • View Profile
« Reply #86538 on: September 24, 2015, 06:04:12 pm »

....computing....

....computing....

Bible writing LAD :P
One wheel short of a wagon

Bohandas

• Bay Watcher
  • Discordia Vobis Com Et Cum Spiritum
    • View Profile
« Reply #86539 on: September 24, 2015, 06:05:14 pm »

Maybe not the Devil's fault. God made Satan knowing the entire future course of history, and currently limits his power (which was given to the Beast by God in the first place), so it sort of stands to reason that the Devil is just an instrument for the Will of God, as (and this is a quote from my minister) "Everything is God's will."
When paired with the knowledge that "will" is an old English euphemism for penis, that quote becomes infinitely more arousing amusing.

Isn't there an interpretation of Hinduism that works like that too?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aPriOQkKd6k
NEW Petition to stop the anti-consumer, anti-worker, Trans-Pacific Partnership agreement
What is TPP
----------------------
Remember, no one can tell you who you are except an emotionally unattached outside observer making quantifiable measurements.
----------------------
Έπαινος Ερις

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile
« Reply #86540 on: September 24, 2015, 06:15:56 pm »

So, given that to die also meant to have an orgasm, when I say "everyone will die" it can also mean "everyone penis orgasm"?
Wrong will. The euphemism was for the noun, not the modal verb. You know, like "an iron will".

Or in Shakespeare's Sonnet 135 (btw, "will" actually could be used as a euphemism for genitalia of either gender):
Wilt thou, whose will is large and spacious,
Not once vouchsafe to hide my will in thine?
Shall will in others seem right gracious,
And in my will no fair acceptance shine?

Or, roughly translated:
Damn, girl! You know your vajayjay is huge, but you ain't got room for my junk? Especially when you don't seem to have a problem with other people putting it in there?

This one bit of historical linguistic trivia will make Shakespeare LOADS more interesting for those of you that still have to study it.  :P

Remember, knowledge is power. The power to make other people feel stupid.
Quote from: Neil DeGrasse Tyson
Science is like an inoculation against charlatans who would have you believe whatever it is they tell you.

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #86541 on: September 24, 2015, 07:47:17 pm »

...I think my mother just tried to trick me into giving my idiot step-brother(ugh) the password for my router.

Yeah, not going to happen.
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.

Arcvasti

• Bay Watcher
  • [IS_ALREADY_HERE] [FRIENDSHIPPER:HIGH]
    • View Profile
« Reply #86542 on: September 24, 2015, 08:09:15 pm »

Been rereading Alice in Wonderland. This makes so much more sense then I remember it making. Its still highly whimsical, but it also follows its own set of very silly rules.
If you expect to live forever then you will never be disappointed.
Spooky Signature
To fix the horrid default colour scheme, follow the below steps:
Profile> Modify Profile> Look and Layout> Current Theme> (change)> Darkling

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #86543 on: September 24, 2015, 08:15:44 pm »

Spoiler: My take on it (click to show/hide)

Orange Wizard

• Bay Watcher
  • mou ii yo
    • View Profile
    • S M U G
« Reply #86544 on: September 24, 2015, 08:35:15 pm »

Wasn't the guy who wrote it a mathematician?
Please don't shitpost, it lowers the quality of discourse
Hard science is like a sword, and soft science is like fear. You can use both to equally powerful results, but even if your opponent disbelieve your stabs, they will still die.

TheDarkStar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #86545 on: September 24, 2015, 08:56:35 pm »

Yeah. He actually wanted to be remembered more for his mathematical contributions and not for his writing career, iirc.
Don't die; it's bad for your health!

it happened it happened it happen im so hyped to actually get attacked now

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #86546 on: September 24, 2015, 09:25:21 pm »

I just realized how incredibly made up some of the Native American tribes names are. Kickapoo for example.

I only looked it up because I was looking at Native American tribe representation in movies and how they tend to be lumped together into one nation. Right down to how all the Native Americans seem to speak the same language in these films and shows.
« Last Edit: September 24, 2015, 09:27:47 pm by Neonivek »

hops

• Bay Watcher
  • Secretary of Antifa
    • View Profile
« Reply #86547 on: September 24, 2015, 09:25:45 pm »

Yeah. He actually wanted to be remembered more for his mathematical contributions and not for his writing career, iirc.
Well, at least people don't remember him for his real name when it comes to the books.
she/her. (Pronouns vary over time.) The artist formerly known as Objective/Cinder.

One True Polycule with flame99 <3

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #86548 on: September 24, 2015, 09:26:17 pm »

Yep, there's a funny story about that but I'd fail at recounting it so just google it or something?  Eh.
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #86549 on: September 24, 2015, 10:40:02 pm »

I just realized how incredibly made up some of the Native American tribes names are. Kickapoo for example.

I only looked it up because I was looking at Native American tribe representation in movies and how they tend to be lumped together into one nation. Right down to how all the Native Americans seem to speak the same language in these films and shows.
It is pretty terrible. Imagine a Chinese movie about a native son going to Europe, and everyone from Portugal to Russia is Swedish.

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting
Pages: 1 ... 5768 5769 [5770] 5771 5772 ... 11040