Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 5765 5766 [5767] 5768 5769 ... 11040

Author Topic: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O  (Read 14465025 times)

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O
« Reply #86490 on: September 24, 2015, 02:30:37 pm »

and then I whack the snooze button ~5-6 times before becoming aware the alarm is ringing.
The answer to this is a louder and more strident alarm with no snooze button. If things get really bad, you put it in a box with a combination lock and speakers running out of it, or something along those lines. One set to bring the computer out of sleep while requiring a password to get to isn't that hard to do, ferex.

If you make your alarm ignorable and easy to turn off, you have naught but yourself to blame when it doesn't work :P

One of the other fun things I'd do when I was on a raised bed (bunkbed with the bottom bunk missing, basically), was run a particularly long-wired set of headphones to the computer below, which was set with a massively loud alarm (that, again, was on the floor, behind a password). It only takes so many times of waking up to hearing damage and probably slamming your head into the ceiling/walls/etc. in shock before your body gets the message :V
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

Sergarr

• Bay Watcher
  • (9) airheaded baka (9)
    • View Profile
« Reply #86491 on: September 24, 2015, 02:44:31 pm »

What kind of wizard are you and how can I acquire this power?
Keep to an actually consistent sleep cycle for a few months and you'll probably find yourself doing the same thing. I do use an alarm clock, but when things are actually on schedule for an extended period it becomes very much common to wake up a bit before the alarm goes off... even if it's not on :V
Weird. I have an incredibly inconsistent sleep cycle overall. Like, in summer, during vacation, I tend to shift to waking up in, like, 4 pm, or even later.
._.

LordBaal

• Bay Watcher
  • System Lord and Hanslanda lees evil twin.
    • View Profile
« Reply #86492 on: September 24, 2015, 03:07:50 pm »

I just put a song of Justin Bieber in my phone alarm.

Now I wake up before that shit starts playing...

Hahaha seriously I just left my phone on a table where I can't reach it without having to get up from bed. Thus I have to get out of bed to turn it off and then I'm already awake.

I'm curious as to how a tank would evolve. Would it climb out of the primordial ooze wiggling it's track-nubs, feeding on smaller jeeps before crawling onto the shore having evolved proper treds?
My ship exploded midflight, but all the shrapnel totally landed on Alpha Centauri before anyone else did.  Bow before me world leaders!

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #86493 on: September 24, 2015, 03:10:39 pm »

Keep to an actually consistent sleep cycle for a few months and you'll probably find yourself doing the same thing. I do use an alarm clock, but when things are actually on schedule for an extended period it becomes very much common to wake up a bit before the alarm goes off... even if it's not on :V
Weird. I have an incredibly inconsistent sleep cycle overall. Like, in summer, during vacation, I tend to shift to waking up in, like, 4 pm, or even later.
"Incredibly inconsistent sleep schedule brethren, today we rise!"

On the subject, though, I do have that problem.  On the weekends,  I wake up at like 11-12.  During the week, 5:30.  Augh, why much.
« Last Edit: September 24, 2015, 03:12:51 pm by TheBiggerFish »
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

GiglameshDespair

• Bay Watcher
  • Beware! Once I have posted, your thread is doomed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #86494 on: September 24, 2015, 03:12:16 pm »

"Or maybe tomorrow!"
You fool. Don't you understand?
No one wishes to go on...

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #86495 on: September 24, 2015, 03:13:24 pm »

"Or maybe tomorrow!"
"Sometime this week?  Please?"
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #86496 on: September 24, 2015, 03:15:32 pm »

Admittedly, it'd be pretty badass if the Pope went all FUS RO DAH and knocked Congress on their asses.

Where Were You When the Dragon Spoke?
Love, scriver~

hops

• Bay Watcher
  • Secretary of Antifa
    • View Profile
« Reply #86497 on: September 24, 2015, 03:23:45 pm »

Same with Moby Dick.  I hate that book passionately.
I sense a book deal in the making. A story about a man who spent his life chasing after the one albino copy of the book that took away a part of his precious young life when he first read it, his unending thirst for revenge leading to ruin of all around him.
Moby's a Dick?
she/her. (Pronouns vary over time.) The artist formerly known as Objective/Cinder.

One True Polycule with flame99 <3

penguinofhonor

• Bay Watcher
  • Minister of Love
    • View Profile
« Reply #86498 on: September 24, 2015, 03:26:44 pm »

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile
« Reply #86499 on: September 24, 2015, 03:28:02 pm »

Same with Moby Dick.  I hate that book passionately.
I sense a book deal in the making. A story about a man who spent his life chasing after the one albino copy of the book that took away a part of his precious young life when he first read it, his unending thirst for revenge leading to ruin of all around him.
Moby's a Dick?
Make it a buddy movie about THREE men from disparate backgrounds who form a bond through their hatred of Moby Dick, and call it The Triplets of Melville.  8)

Remember, knowledge is power. The power to make other people feel stupid.
Quote from: Neil DeGrasse Tyson
Science is like an inoculation against charlatans who would have you believe whatever it is they tell you.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #86500 on: September 24, 2015, 03:31:25 pm »

i2amroy

• Bay Watcher
  • Cats, ruling the world one dwarf at a time
    • View Profile
« Reply #86501 on: September 24, 2015, 03:34:23 pm »

This was only made better by the fact that I then immediately scrolled down and saw your signature... "grisha5"
Quote from: PTTG
It would be brutally difficult and probably won't work. In other words, it's absolutely dwarven!
Cataclysm: Dark Days Ahead - A fun zombie survival rougelike that I'm dev-ing for.

penguinofhonor

• Bay Watcher
  • Minister of Love
    • View Profile
« Reply #86502 on: September 24, 2015, 03:35:51 pm »

Quote from: Revelation 17:9-11
“This calls for a mind with wisdom. The seven heads are seven hills on which the woman sits. They are also seven kings. Five have fallen, one is, the other has not yet come; but when he does come, he must remain for only a little while. The beast who once was, and now is not, is an eighth king. He belongs to the seven and is going to his destruction.

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #86503 on: September 24, 2015, 03:50:22 pm »

IIRC steam doesn't do delta updates with less granularity than file-level

AKA the fix was probably in a 50 MB file that needed to be downloaded in full

I guess that makes sense. I wish they didn't do it like that, but it's understandable.
Depending on the file, they may not have a choice.
50 MB files are often binary files such as images, and you can't change one pixel in, for example, a png without having to rewrite the majority of the file.

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
  • Forger of Civilizations
    • View Profile
« Reply #86504 on: September 24, 2015, 03:51:13 pm »

@penguinofhonor Where did you find that picture?
Civilization Forge Mod v2.80: Adding in new races, equipment, animals, plants, metals, etc. Now with Alchemy and Libraries! Variety to spice up DF! (For DF 0.34.10)
Come play Mafia with us!
"Let us maintain our chill composure." - Toady One
Pages: 1 ... 5765 5766 [5767] 5768 5769 ... 11040