Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 5763 5764 [5765] 5766 5767 ... 11040

Author Topic: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O  (Read 14464164 times)

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O
« Reply #86460 on: September 24, 2015, 10:03:44 am »

I would love to prove you wrong, but I have to admit that DF is a terribly designed mess in quite a few ways. But it's the best dynamic storytelling game you'll find.

I guess you're absolutely right :P

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #86461 on: September 24, 2015, 10:38:24 am »

two days in a row i've slept in an hour because apparently my alarm clock app thinks that "snooze" means "yep woken up now"

Sergarr

• Bay Watcher
  • (9) airheaded baka (9)
    • View Profile
« Reply #86462 on: September 24, 2015, 10:46:41 am »

two days in a row i've slept in an hour because apparently my alarm clock app thinks that "snooze" means "yep woken up now"
you use an alarm clock?

i just wake up when it's time to wake up
._.

Baffler

• Bay Watcher
  • Caveat Lector.
    • View Profile
« Reply #86463 on: September 24, 2015, 10:49:21 am »

you use an alarm clock?

i just wake up when it's time to wake up

What kind of wizard are you and how can I acquire this power?
Quote from: Helgoland
Even if you found a suitable opening, I doubt it would prove all too satisfying. And it might leave some nasty wounds, depending on the moral high ground's geology.
Location subject to periodic change.
Baffler likes silver, walnut trees, the color green, tanzanite, and dogs for their loyalty. When possible he prefers to consume beef, iced tea, and cornbread. He absolutely detests ticks.

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #86464 on: September 24, 2015, 10:55:41 am »

It's a curse as much as a blessing.  Sometimes I *really* want to sleep in, but I just can't.
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #86465 on: September 24, 2015, 11:10:09 am »

What kind of wizard are you and how can I acquire this power?
Keep to an actually consistent sleep cycle for a few months and you'll probably find yourself doing the same thing. I do use an alarm clock, but when things are actually on schedule for an extended period it becomes very much common to wake up a bit before the alarm goes off... even if it's not on :V

Snooze, though... I've never used snooze. Seems to defeat the purpose. If I want to give myself room to go back to sleep, I just set multiple alarms, each one sequentially louder and more shrill than the last. Back in college it was phone on vibrate, then on sound, then the computer came on at "Fuck the Neighbors" volume. Never actually reached the second stage, heh. Knowing you have to get up to turn off the loud alarms lest someone punches the shit out of you for having noise music start to blare at five in the morning is a helluva incentive to get up and moving.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

Mechatronic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #86466 on: September 24, 2015, 11:24:29 am »

Cat is dying? Okay, says brain, that must be a C header issue, I'm going to give you that to debug while you sleep.

IcyTea31

• Bay Watcher
  • Studying functions and fiction
    • View Profile
« Reply #86467 on: September 24, 2015, 11:34:59 am »

My alarm clock makes a loud click a second before it starts ringing, which is usually enough to wake me up. After it has woken me up a few times at a certain time, it seldom has enough time to actually ring before I've jumped up from my bed to turn the alarm off at the exact moment I hear the click. This is despite the fact that I've placed it on a bookshelf out of my reach so that I have to stand up to handle it. I guess my trained sense of rhythm carries over to my mornings.
There is a world yet only seen by physicists and magicians.

Bouchart

• Bay Watcher
  • [NO_WORK]
    • View Profile
« Reply #86468 on: September 24, 2015, 11:45:45 am »

My alarm clock looks like a bomb.

IcyTea31

• Bay Watcher
  • Studying functions and fiction
    • View Profile
« Reply #86469 on: September 24, 2015, 11:49:17 am »

Do you have to 'disarm' it with wirecutters to shut it off? That'd certainly wake me up, especially if there was some way to randomize which wire to cut, with 'wrong' wires simply making the alarm louder.
There is a world yet only seen by physicists and magicians.

i2amroy

• Bay Watcher
  • Cats, ruling the world one dwarf at a time
    • View Profile
« Reply #86470 on: September 24, 2015, 11:56:00 am »

Do you have to 'disarm' it with wirecutters to shut it off? That'd certainly wake me up, especially if there was some way to randomize which wire to cut, with 'wrong' wires simply making the alarm louder.
You could probably make one on a breadboard with a cover and a little bit of work (which would let you easily replace the wires you cut too). Going off current prices it would only cost you about $.10 a day (assuming 3 potential wires that were randomized so 1.5 per day on average), less if you bought like a years supply at once to get bulk discounts.
Quote from: PTTG
It would be brutally difficult and probably won't work. In other words, it's absolutely dwarven!
Cataclysm: Dark Days Ahead - A fun zombie survival rougelike that I'm dev-ing for.

Zangi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #86471 on: September 24, 2015, 12:16:38 pm »

Apparently, I know people who think the Pope is a sleeper agent for the devil.  Same deal for Obama too, but that one isn't as surprisingly wtf.
All life begins with Nu and ends with Nu...  This is the truth! This is my belief! ... At least for now...
FMA/FMA:B Recommendation

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile
« Reply #86472 on: September 24, 2015, 12:21:36 pm »

Apparently, I know people who think the Pope is a sleeper agent for the devil.  Same deal for Obama too, but that one isn't as surprisingly wtf.
So the Pope's visit to the US was... what, a meeting in order to determine when CERN's hellgate will be opened?
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

NJW2000

• Bay Watcher
  • You know me. What do I know?
    • View Profile
« Reply #86473 on: September 24, 2015, 12:24:50 pm »

No, closed, as Disney Kids Channel has already established a demonic base in our media and it's currently attracting unwarranted attention.
One wheel short of a wagon

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile
« Reply #86474 on: September 24, 2015, 12:25:19 pm »

So the Pope's visit to the US was... what, a meeting in order to determine when CERN's hellgate will be opened?
No just the usual meet-and-greet-and-drink-the-blood-of-the-innocent-while-laughing-maniacally kind of visit.

Remember, knowledge is power. The power to make other people feel stupid.
Quote from: Neil DeGrasse Tyson
Science is like an inoculation against charlatans who would have you believe whatever it is they tell you.
Pages: 1 ... 5763 5764 [5765] 5766 5767 ... 11040