Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 5730 5731 [5732] 5733 5734 ... 11037

Author Topic: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O  (Read 14466417 times)

Graknorke

• Bay Watcher
  • A bomb's a bad choice for close-range combat.
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O
« Reply #85965 on: September 17, 2015, 04:53:01 pm »

Wouldn't low productivity mean that you'd need more staff, not less? Unless they're downsizing in general I suppose.
Cultural status:
Depleted          ☐
Enriched          ☑

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #85966 on: September 17, 2015, 04:56:07 pm »

No, it means you fire the current staff, and hire more desperate people who will kill themselves to outperform their predecessors while probably being paid less. It's like thinking with portals, except instead of portals it's the crushed souls and flesh of the underclass.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

Baffler

• Bay Watcher
  • Caveat Lector.
    • View Profile
« Reply #85967 on: September 17, 2015, 05:00:11 pm »

Nono, they'll fire some people, and see how much of the others' work they can get the rest to pick up. When they find that those people were already at breaking point, they'll fire them over the course of a month or two while having them train replacements to make sure those people weren't just lazy/bad at their jobs. The process will complete itself when none of the original employees remain, and will probably take a couple of months. Some time later, the cycle will repeat itself when the manager is promoted and replaced by someone from outside the company. He wonders why productivity is so low per person, and decides to fire some people, and see how much of the others' work they can get the rest to pick up...
Quote from: Helgoland
Even if you found a suitable opening, I doubt it would prove all too satisfying. And it might leave some nasty wounds, depending on the moral high ground's geology.
Location subject to periodic change.
Baffler likes silver, walnut trees, the color green, tanzanite, and dogs for their loyalty. When possible he prefers to consume beef, iced tea, and cornbread. He absolutely detests ticks.

Graknorke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #85968 on: September 17, 2015, 05:00:40 pm »

My GCSE in Business Studies tells me that that is a terrible strategy that is questionably effective and definitely unsustainable.
Cultural status:
Depleted          ☐
Enriched          ☑

Orange Wizard

• Bay Watcher
  • mou ii yo
    • View Profile
    • S M U G
« Reply #85969 on: September 17, 2015, 05:05:26 pm »

My GCSE in Business Studies fundamental common sense tells me that that is a terrible strategy that is questionably effective and definitely unsustainable.
ftfy
Please don't shitpost, it lowers the quality of discourse
Hard science is like a sword, and soft science is like fear. You can use both to equally powerful results, but even if your opponent disbelieve your stabs, they will still die.

hops

• Bay Watcher
  • Secretary of Antifa
    • View Profile
« Reply #85970 on: September 17, 2015, 05:09:49 pm »

That's like saying Shakespeare has been forgotten because the bible is just so much more popular.
This is offtopic, but we need more Bible-to-stage play adaptations in the vein of Jesus Chrisr Superstar.
she/her. (Pronouns vary over time.) The artist formerly known as Objective/Cinder.

One True Polycule with flame99 <3

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #85971 on: September 17, 2015, 05:10:28 pm »

My GCSE in Business Studies fundamental common sense tells me that that is a terrible strategy that is questionably effective and definitely unsustainable.
ftfy
It's notably ineffective and entirely unsustainable. This is why it makes sense to people that complain about productivity and then bugger off to vacation.
Ask not!
Ask!

Helgoland

• Bay Watcher
  • No man is an island.
    • View Profile
« Reply #85972 on: September 17, 2015, 05:12:45 pm »

That's like saying Shakespeare has been forgotten because the bible is just so much more popular.
This is offtopic, but we need more Bible-to-stage play adaptations in the vein of Jesus Chrisr Superstar.
A friend of mine went to a stage version of Genesis a couple months ago. Apparently it was really good - but it was fairly artistic, so maybe not exactly what you're looking for :D
The Bay12 postcard club
Arguably he's already a progressive, just one in the style of an enlightened Kaiser.
I'm going to do the smart thing here and disengage. This isn't a hill I paticularly care to die on.

Graknorke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #85973 on: September 17, 2015, 05:15:11 pm »

ftfy
It's notably ineffective and entirely unsustainable. This is why it makes sense to people that complain about productivity and then bugger off to vacation.
But if you try and fix it and fail, that makes the problem your responsibility. Can't have that.

Why is "Kidz Bop" even a thing? It's just covers of popular songs done with stupid sound replacements and children singing. Do little kids actually like that better or is it just something to convince parents that they need?
Cultural status:
Depleted          ☐
Enriched          ☑

Orange Wizard

• Bay Watcher
  • mou ii yo
    • View Profile
    • S M U G
« Reply #85974 on: September 17, 2015, 05:19:18 pm »

A friend of mine went to a stage version of Genesis a couple months ago. Apparently it was really good - but it was fairly artistic, so maybe not exactly what you're looking for :D
The book of Genesis would make for a really good horror movie, actually. You'd need a big budget to pull it off (the supernatural stuff and sheer volume of corpses/foreskins), but as long as you kept to the source material (unlike basically every other Bible movie ever) it would certainly have plenty of people leaving the cinema quite horrified.

Why is "Kidz Bop" even a thing? It's just covers of popular songs done with stupid sound replacements and children singing. Do little kids actually like that better or is it just something to convince parents that they need?
Paedophiles and old people, probably.
Please don't shitpost, it lowers the quality of discourse
Hard science is like a sword, and soft science is like fear. You can use both to equally powerful results, but even if your opponent disbelieve your stabs, they will still die.

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #85975 on: September 17, 2015, 05:21:00 pm »

Yes. Both. Though I think it may not be better so much as just as well. Also OW's point, I suppose.
Ask not!
Ask!

Tawa

• Bay Watcher
  • the first mankind all over the world
    • View Profile
« Reply #85976 on: September 17, 2015, 05:25:22 pm »

Second one, yeah.

The whole thing is a bit hilarious because at least half the songs on those things were originally entirely about sex, but the premise seems to be aimed at parents who like the music the media establishment obsessively markets but dislike the content. From what I hear the message of the songs is barely changed, they just censor individual words here and there.
I don't use Bay12 much anymore. PM me if you need to get in touch with me and I'll send you my Discord handle.

Graknorke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #85977 on: September 17, 2015, 05:30:19 pm »

You'd need a big budget to pull it off (the supernatural stuff and sheer volume of corpses/foreskins)
I can get you tons of both on a fifth of the budget of the special effects. Give me a couple weeks and a safehouse and you're golden.

Though I think it may not be better so much as just as well.
Thing is, the one I've encountered just now anyway, is by far worse than the original.
Compare https://youtu.be/b4eMyOzD9UI
to https://youtu.be/3IsEtHiPaEQ

Whatever synthesiser they're using sounds like arse being played in a padded room, the drums are too quiet, and the singing has a whole fucking choir singing it. Main singer is alright though, given the apparent lack of pitch correction. Apart from the fact that I know it's someone young enough to count as Kidz who is singing about having an emotional breakdown.

Ninjad: Yeah, the themes. It's really weird hearing Kidz™ singing about the kind of stuff that comes up in popular music. I'm not sure if the people in charge of changing the lyrics are just so souldead that they don't understand subtlety, or if they do and think it's fine so long as it's not explicit.
« Last Edit: September 17, 2015, 05:36:29 pm by Graknorke »
Cultural status:
Depleted          ☐
Enriched          ☑

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #85978 on: September 17, 2015, 05:35:50 pm »

Another thing causing me to WTF today is MGS: Peace Walker. I beat the title weapon, and after the credits...

Spoiler: I get this mission (click to show/hide)
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

Owlga

• Bay Watcher
  • Turbo times two
    • View Profile
« Reply #85979 on: September 17, 2015, 05:40:22 pm »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Quote from: Cupaketan
if u cant taek a cake, dont do a bake, in a kitchen
so u hav2 leve it ok bc its 2 hot 4u
Owlga is the chillest anime girl ever.
Pages: 1 ... 5730 5731 [5732] 5733 5734 ... 11037