Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 5696 5697 [5698] 5699 5700 ... 11040

Author Topic: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O  (Read 14448638 times)

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
Re: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O
« Reply #85455 on: September 11, 2015, 03:54:56 pm »

more like inphallusible

Bohandas

• Bay Watcher
  • Discordia Vobis Com Et Cum Spiritum
    • View Profile
« Reply #85456 on: September 11, 2015, 04:09:04 pm »

In 11th grade (I think) I literally never used my locker once. It was just so out of the way of everything. And maybe I'm weird but I got a weird sense of pride (and presumably strong back muscles) from walking around with 30 pounds of stuff on my back all day.
Hey, I did the same thing. Except from middle school onward.

All I got from it is spinal damage that's probably going to eventually take surgery to fix, caused by a lower back that looked like it should have been on a 40 year old when I was 18.

I never used my locker in highschool either except for one time, on the last day of highschool, which was just so I wouldn't feel like I had missed part of the highschool experience. My locker was reasonably close to my homeroom, but not near any of my actual classes - and even if it had been I probably still wouldn't have used it because I got put off of lockers by the lockers we were fkrced to use in middle school, which were too small and had defective locks that didn't open properly.
NEW Petition to stop the anti-consumer, anti-worker, Trans-Pacific Partnership agreement
What is TPP
----------------------
Remember, no one can tell you who you are except an emotionally unattached outside observer making quantifiable measurements.
----------------------
Έπαινος Ερις

Levi

• Bay Watcher
  • Is a fish.
    • View Profile
« Reply #85457 on: September 11, 2015, 04:11:49 pm »

I'm 35, and I still occasionally have dreams of forgetting my high school locker combination.   :'(
Avid Gamer | Goldfish Enthusiast | Canadian | Professional Layabout

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #85458 on: September 11, 2015, 04:19:10 pm »

I didn't actually use my lockers either.  Glad the schools didn't issue locks for fees or something, got to reuse the same one and rarely use it.

It's kind of a shame, but the bit about not starting another one is a bit presumptuous.
I'm going to have to tentatively agree here. I can see why the last megathread shutdown ended with a No-Rage-Thread policy, but... Happy Thread was the biggest thread on the forum, and for good reason.
Let's just migrate to the Drunk thread. First drink's on me!*

*Just one drink. You all have to share it.
GIB
DIreCTIons
Aw, nevermind.  Last posted in April 2014.  Tempted to necromance, but ehh.  Maybe later.  It's only 5PM, the night is young.
Unless there's some other more recent thread which doesn't contain the word "drunk" in the first three pages of GD, and doesn't show up in a quick Google search.
Reading books and posts is cool, reading data is for absolute chumps.

I'm 35, and I still occasionally have dreams of forgetting my high school locker combination.   :'(
I'm 29 and keep dreaming I'm back at college without lower garments.
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #85459 on: September 11, 2015, 04:29:50 pm »

In 11th grade (I think) I literally never used my locker once. It was just so out of the way of everything. And maybe I'm weird but I got a weird sense of pride (and presumably strong back muscles) from walking around with 30 pounds of stuff on my back all day.
Hey, I did the same thing. Except from middle school onward.

All I got from it is spinal damage that's probably going to eventually take surgery to fix, caused by a lower back that looked like it should have been on a 40 year old when I was 18.

I never used my locker in highschool either except for one time, on the last day of highschool, which was just so I wouldn't feel like I had missed part of the highschool experience. My locker was reasonably close to my homeroom, but not near any of my actual classes - and even if it had been I probably still wouldn't have used it because I got put off of lockers by the lockers we were fkrced to use in middle school, which were too small and had defective locks that didn't open properly.
I'd prefer locks that don't open properly over ones that don't close properly :P

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #85460 on: September 11, 2015, 04:31:58 pm »

My school didn't have lockers. Neither primary or high school. We had bag-racks.
I think my friend ended up going to a high school with lockers when he moved to another state.
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

quinnr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #85461 on: September 11, 2015, 04:58:02 pm »

Just got a message out of the blue from somebody warning me that someone on my friends list is a...let's stick with "not a good person" in order to not offend anyone. Really surprising, I don't really know how to take it since said person who sent it can be...a bit crazy? at times. Still, can't really ignore an accusation like that. But the person being accused is an acquaintance who I see on a weekly basis. I don't know them well, but still, so weird. The message asked politely that anyone who get it not tell the accused person that it was sent, due to "concerns for the safety of the victims" which I suppose is fair enough?
To exist or not exist, that is the query. For whether it is more optimal of the CPU to endure the viruses and spam of outragous fortune, or to something something something.

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #85462 on: September 11, 2015, 05:02:14 pm »

My high school required us to have lockers, and required us to also pay for it. I never got one, never paid for it, and no one said a word.

Also, a story told to me by the woman who's been giving me rides (halfway) home from work: She got home yesterday after a dental procedure+grocery shopping, where her husband tells her that one of her (many) cats got hit by a car. She gets angry because he left the dead cat in a garbage bag outside for the garbage man to pick up. She takes it to the vet to be cremated. Then she learns it wasn't her cat, it was owned by the neighbor across the street. After being informed of this hours later, neighbor seems indifferent, and also does not even offer to help pay for the fairly expensive cremation.

NINJA: @quinnr, something like that sounds awfully fishy.
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #85463 on: September 11, 2015, 05:03:16 pm »

My school had lockers but I never EVER used it... It was far easier for me to just carry all my school books on me, as heavy as they are, then to go to the locker and retrieve more.

Orange Wizard

• Bay Watcher
  • mou ii yo
    • View Profile
    • S M U G
« Reply #85464 on: September 11, 2015, 05:05:15 pm »

I would always forget my locker combination and instead opt for the 15kg spine-bending abomination. I was actually kinda well-known for it, weirdly enough.
Please don't shitpost, it lowers the quality of discourse
Hard science is like a sword, and soft science is like fear. You can use both to equally powerful results, but even if your opponent disbelieve your stabs, they will still die.

Sindain

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #85465 on: September 11, 2015, 05:33:24 pm »

I used my locker all the time in high school. This was mostly because we weren't allowed to use backpacks in school (the board was afraid of us smuggling in weapons).
"just once I'd like to learn a lesson without something exploding."

Jopax

• Bay Watcher
  • Cat on a hat
    • View Profile
« Reply #85466 on: September 11, 2015, 05:42:00 pm »

We never had lockers, so it was backpacks all the way. Luckily, by the time my book load increased to annoying levels my giving-a-shit gauge was low enough for me to simply not carry most of them. Heck, I remember in third year of highschool I had like, three notebooks for six subjects, simply flipping them around when needed. And all of them were filled with doodles, every single damn one.
"my batteries are low and it's getting dark"
AS - IG

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #85467 on: September 11, 2015, 05:43:21 pm »

I used my locker all the time in high school. This was mostly because we weren't allowed to use backpacks in school (the board was afraid of us smuggling in weapons).
...Meanwhile in my school they actually did smuggle in weapons.

Okay, in one instance I heard of, they found a full magazine(of bullet, not paper) on someone. No gun. School went on full lockdown for an hour or so.
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #85468 on: September 11, 2015, 05:47:27 pm »

People used their high school lockers? o.0

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

LordPyrrole

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #85469 on: September 11, 2015, 05:48:15 pm »

In my school (I am still in high school but I am a Junior) we have lockers everywhere, half of which aren't even used because we have so few students, but for some stupid reason I still have to take a bottom locker that this one kid keeps throwing his bag in I don't really care though because I never really use it anyway except for at the end of the day I throw everything in there because it is quite literally 4 feet from my homeroom so I don't have to carry books everywhere.
Pages: 1 ... 5696 5697 [5698] 5699 5700 ... 11040