Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 5526 5527 [5528] 5529 5530 ... 11040

Author Topic: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O  (Read 14453101 times)

KingofstarrySkies

• Bay Watcher
  • It's been a long time...
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O
« Reply #82905 on: August 10, 2015, 06:29:55 am »

Kale tastes like bugspray. :c
Sigtextastic
Vereor Nox.
There'll be another King, another sky, and a billion more stars...

Orange Wizard

• Bay Watcher
  • mou ii yo
    • View Profile
    • S M U G
« Reply #82906 on: August 10, 2015, 06:47:10 am »

Rhubarb greens best greens
Please don't shitpost, it lowers the quality of discourse
Hard science is like a sword, and soft science is like fear. You can use both to equally powerful results, but even if your opponent disbelieve your stabs, they will still die.

IcyTea31

• Bay Watcher
  • Studying functions and fiction
    • View Profile
« Reply #82907 on: August 10, 2015, 06:54:32 am »

Rhubarb greens best greens
I really hope you're kidding. Rhubarb greens are poisonous. Don't eat them.
There is a world yet only seen by physicists and magicians.

Orange Wizard

• Bay Watcher
  • mou ii yo
    • View Profile
    • S M U G
« Reply #82908 on: August 10, 2015, 06:58:39 am »

They're not very poisonous. You'd need to eat a whole bunch of them to get sick, and they're not very nice to eat in the first place. It's like trying to get a lethal dose of radiation from green bananas.
Please don't shitpost, it lowers the quality of discourse
Hard science is like a sword, and soft science is like fear. You can use both to equally powerful results, but even if your opponent disbelieve your stabs, they will still die.

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #82909 on: August 10, 2015, 09:26:53 am »

Speaking of WTF.

even bread or leaves.

Emphasis mine. What sort of leaves?
Mostly ninja'd but hey.  I like raw spinach leaves as a calorie-free snack food.  Kale is good too.  Never liked iceberg lettuce, raw onions, or creamy salad dressings...  But there's something simple and comforting about munching raw leaves.

Cats actually eat a little grass to help their digestion!  Dunno if spinach counts for that though.  It was funny to watch her viciously nom at the blades until her pointy predator teeth finally cut them.  I think most "indoor" cat foods have supplements for that.
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

Rubidium

• Bay Watcher
  • Rubidium has RETURNED
    • View Profile
« Reply #82910 on: August 10, 2015, 09:40:32 am »

I realized that I had 1999 messages in my inbox.

Later on, I got 2015 messages in my inbox.
« Last Edit: August 10, 2015, 10:21:59 am by Rubidium »
Rubidium has RETURNED!

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #82911 on: August 10, 2015, 10:28:55 am »

Last week was Fun. On Wednesday, one of the lower managers calls me and the guy I carpool with in to yell at us about excessive tardiness, despite knowing full well that it was the other guy's fault entirely(never could get his ass out of bed before 7:30AM apparently), and has no right to talk to me like that. Then the store manager sets up a new(actually old that was never enforced) policy where we have to sign off on each rack of clothing we put out on to the sales floor. The problem I had with that was, the par time is half of what it normally took for me to do a rack - he's basically telling everyone to work twice as hard.

Then, one of the racks on the sales floor collapsed on me. The company is very lucky I wasn't hurt, since right away I noticed that the welding was faulty, the pipes were too short, and there was a screw missing. It's a miracle it hadn't collapsed before.

Then my carpool guy quit. I'm pissed about that mainly because I already paid gas money for the week.

Now I'm feeling a cold or something, probably because of the rate at which I'm working all week.

I tried to use the coffee machine in the break room to make a cup of coffee, but I poured in enough coffee grinds for a large commercial coffee maker(it's a regular home-sized machine), and set the machine to make four cups. Then I had to drink the resulting cup straight black since I couldn't find any sugar or creamer. The cup nearly killed me. A few hours later, I had chest aches, and I was dead tired all day, and the next, and the next.
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #82912 on: August 10, 2015, 10:43:31 am »

...Yikes.  Too much coffee.

I hope you at least got to call in sick.
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #82913 on: August 10, 2015, 11:10:09 am »

No, it all happened at work, so "calling" in sick would not require the use of a phone.

Plus, I cannot afford to take off time for being sick. Hell, when I was sick with some weird kind of flu that lasted the better part of four months, I never once took a day off work(and I worked in a food-service area).

Also WTFing, is that the new store manager, who has been there for only two weeks, is now taking a week off for a vacation, so next week should certainly be easier.
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #82914 on: August 10, 2015, 11:46:30 am »

I had an interview this morning. Just called me at 7am to ask me to come in. Short notice. But I actually managed to make it! And it didn't seem to go horribly!

I checked; the pig isn't in her pen anymore. I think she might have sprouted wings.
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

Sinistar

• Bay Watcher
  • Absolutely detests Sinibombs
    • View Profile
    • http://dojo.fi/~rancid/loituma__.swf
« Reply #82915 on: August 10, 2015, 11:57:13 am »

mebe horsie eet pigie? :C
Everything is an instrument if you hit it the right way.
Oh they know. Spiders are not stupid. They've just got disproportionally huge balls.

NJW2000

• Bay Watcher
  • You know me. What do I know?
    • View Profile
« Reply #82916 on: August 10, 2015, 12:00:09 pm »

Other way round more likely, from what I know about animals.
One wheel short of a wagon

Bauglir

• Bay Watcher
  • Let us make Good
    • View Profile
« Reply #82917 on: August 10, 2015, 05:56:42 pm »

An alarming number of professors in this dataset hid parts of course websites that were supposed to revealed later in the semester by commenting out the relevant HTML. Then again, this was collected in the 90s.
In the days when Sussman was a novice, Minsky once came to him as he sat hacking at the PDP-6.
“What are you doing?”, asked Minsky. “I am training a randomly wired neural net to play Tic-Tac-Toe” Sussman replied. “Why is the net wired randomly?”, asked Minsky. “I do not want it to have any preconceptions of how to play”, Sussman said.
Minsky then shut his eyes. “Why do you close your eyes?”, Sussman asked his teacher.
“So that the room will be empty.”
At that moment, Sussman was enlightened.

Graknorke

• Bay Watcher
  • A bomb's a bad choice for close-range combat.
    • View Profile
« Reply #82918 on: August 10, 2015, 06:00:11 pm »

An alarming number of professors in this dataset hid parts of course websites that were supposed to revealed later in the semester by commenting out the relevant HTML. Then again, this was collected in the 90s.
Is that worrying because people could have found it by looking at the page source, or is there some other web developer reason why that's terrible?
Cultural status:
Depleted          ☐
Enriched          ☑

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #82919 on: August 10, 2015, 06:04:15 pm »

My question is more along the lines of whether they (or whoever it was that actually did the websites) were using the same software. Lot of them doing the same thing sounds a lot like there might have been a problem with the metaphorical middleman...
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.
Pages: 1 ... 5526 5527 [5528] 5529 5530 ... 11040