Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 5446 5447 [5448] 5449 5450 ... 11040

Author Topic: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O  (Read 14443090 times)

i2amroy

• Bay Watcher
  • Cats, ruling the world one dwarf at a time
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O
« Reply #81705 on: July 26, 2015, 11:51:47 pm »

Which goddamn family member bought these cheapass rubber/plastic knives? These things are fucking lethally dangerous to the user just because they fail catastrophically trying to cut cheese. The blade only extends 3/4 inch into the handle, which is the cheapest fucking plastic imaginable.
Just snapped in half in my hand like a rotten twig. How will I cheese now assholes? Im going for a refund.
The way to deal with this is by wrapping the entire handle in several layers of duct tape. Viola! Much less likely to break! :P
Quote from: PTTG
It would be brutally difficult and probably won't work. In other words, it's absolutely dwarven!
Cataclysm: Dark Days Ahead - A fun zombie survival rougelike that I'm dev-ing for.

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #81706 on: July 26, 2015, 11:56:33 pm »

How will I cheese now assholes?

Sigged.
Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti

Tack

• Bay Watcher
  • Giving nothing to a community who gave me so much.
    • View Profile
« Reply #81707 on: July 27, 2015, 01:15:58 am »

Tried to find a 'probably heresy' meme, and couldn't.
Tried to find a cool picture of a space marine which would work to make the meme, but they all already have memes attached.

I... Didn't expect the world to go this way.
Sentience, Endurance, and Thumbs: The Trifector of a Superpredator.
Yeah, he's a banned spammer. Normally we'd delete this thread too, but people were having too much fun with it by the time we got here.

Orange Wizard

• Bay Watcher
  • mou ii yo
    • View Profile
    • S M U G
« Reply #81708 on: July 27, 2015, 01:23:53 am »

I actually temporarily shelved the chainsword after some batteries exploded. So now because of the way the scarring is healing my one sided glasgow grin looks even more fucked up.
Is it weird that I desperately want to know what you look like?
Please don't shitpost, it lowers the quality of discourse
Hard science is like a sword, and soft science is like fear. You can use both to equally powerful results, but even if your opponent disbelieve your stabs, they will still die.

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #81709 on: July 27, 2015, 01:38:23 am »

Weird as in abnormal, probably not. We all want to know the true face of Janet. Weird as in inappropriate to request? Kinda, I guess...
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

Orange Wizard

• Bay Watcher
  • mou ii yo
    • View Profile
    • S M U G
« Reply #81710 on: July 27, 2015, 01:44:44 am »

Okay. I'll resign myself to eternal disappointment.
Please don't shitpost, it lowers the quality of discourse
Hard science is like a sword, and soft science is like fear. You can use both to equally powerful results, but even if your opponent disbelieve your stabs, they will still die.

Karnewarrior

• Bay Watcher
  • That guy who used to be here all the time
    • View Profile
« Reply #81711 on: July 27, 2015, 02:12:32 am »

I actually temporarily shelved the chainsword after some batteries exploded. So now because of the way the scarring is healing my one sided glasgow grin looks even more fucked up.
Pretty sure EVERYBODY wants to know. Yet the only thing we've gathered is she looks amazingly badass and grizzled.
Thou art I, I art Thou.
The trust you have bestowed upon thy comrade is now reciprocated in turn.
Thou shall be blessed when calling upon personae of the Hangman Arcana.
May this tie bind thee to a brighter future!​
Ikusaba Quest! - Fistfighting space robots for the benefit of your familial bonds to Satan is passe, so you call Sherlock Holmes and ask her to pop by.

quinnr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #81712 on: July 27, 2015, 02:15:36 am »

Surprise huge lightningstrike. I was just sitting on my laptop when I hear a huge bang, almost jumped out of my seat. Totally was not expecting that.
To exist or not exist, that is the query. For whether it is more optimal of the CPU to endure the viruses and spam of outragous fortune, or to something something something.

Owlga

• Bay Watcher
  • Turbo times two
    • View Profile
« Reply #81713 on: July 27, 2015, 02:42:35 am »

Pretty sure EVERYBODY wants to know. Yet the only thing we've gathered is she looks amazingly badass and grizzled.

She prefers to keep a bit of a sense of anonymity. So it's pretty unlikely. I personally think she's more cute than anything though. But she's definitely scarred up like crazy.
Quote from: Cupaketan
if u cant taek a cake, dont do a bake, in a kitchen
so u hav2 leve it ok bc its 2 hot 4u
Owlga is the chillest anime girl ever.

Tack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #81714 on: July 27, 2015, 03:14:51 am »

Spoiler: Yep (click to show/hide)
Yeah, he's a banned spammer. Normally we'd delete this thread too, but people were having too much fun with it by the time we got here.

Rose

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Elf
    • View Profile
« Reply #81715 on: July 27, 2015, 03:18:47 am »

Spoiler: Gunner-Chan. (click to show/hide)

Tack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #81716 on: July 27, 2015, 03:22:53 am »

Too many eye.
Not enough kawaii.

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #81717 on: July 27, 2015, 05:16:53 am »

why do people always seem to assume that any fanfiction protag is a self-insert

like, someone accused the author of Metropolitan Man of having Lex Luthor as a self insert. Lex goddamn Luthor. His characterization in Metropolitan Man is pretty standard except that he actually uses his money to bolster the economy and help orphans and such instead of using it all to kill superman... which doesn't make him a good guy, since it's made very explicit multiple times through the story that he has zero remorse for the casualties in his attempts to kill Superman. Just because they're more subtle doesn't make them less evil and the story knows this.

Sergarr

• Bay Watcher
  • (9) airheaded baka (9)
    • View Profile
« Reply #81718 on: July 27, 2015, 05:26:16 am »

mob mentality that tries to push everyone below a certain level of renown back into the fold, and everyone above it - even further above.

there's this consistently reinforced myth that great people are great because of their inherent greatness and that mere mortals are stupid-evil for attempting to try to be great, unless they're popular
._.

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #81719 on: July 27, 2015, 05:29:40 am »

To be fair, competent Lex Luthor is very coincidentally similar to an edgy euphoric genius self-insert nothing personELL kid type of character to begin with.
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.
Pages: 1 ... 5446 5447 [5448] 5449 5450 ... 11040