Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 5412 5413 [5414] 5415 5416 ... 11040

Author Topic: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O  (Read 14443313 times)

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O
« Reply #81195 on: July 19, 2015, 02:00:42 pm »

When sex with one partner has a large chance of producing thousands of offspring to carry on your genes, mating with more than one partner becomes less important because your offspring have a pretty good chance of survival anyway, so it's acceptable to die immediately afterwards, or during. It even becomes beneficial, when all those children have no adults besides their mother to compete with/threaten them, or no adults at all if she died after birth. Or if they ate her. That doesn't happen very often in mammals. There's like one species of... rodent if I recall in some tropical environment where the males fuck themselves to death by literally going non-stop until they drop. Puberty hits pretty hard for them, it seems. That's all I can think of.
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

SealyStar

• Bay Watcher
  • Gargoyles! Psychics!
    • View Profile
« Reply #81196 on: July 19, 2015, 02:03:08 pm »

Do men have quirks that women do not? (absence of a quirk or a muted quirk not counting)
Well, men have a stronger ability to judge the appropriate price to pay for garments.

please don't hit me but in all seriousness this is one of those stereotypes i see constantly proven
I assume it was about cod tendies and an austerity-caused crunch in the supply of good boy points.

Lord Shonus

• Bay Watcher
  • Angle of Death
    • View Profile
« Reply #81197 on: July 19, 2015, 02:06:14 pm »

GODDAMNIT Chrome, not every file that ends in .exe is malware and you don't need to delete every goddamn thing I download.
On Giant In the Playground and Something Awful I am Gnoman.
Man, ninja'd by a potentially inebriated Lord Shonus. I was gonna say to burn it.

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile
« Reply #81198 on: July 19, 2015, 02:38:10 pm »

There's like one species of... rodent if I recall in some tropical environment where the males fuck themselves to death by literally going non-stop until they drop.

Everyone sucks at everything. Until they don't. Not sucking is a product of time invested.

Calidovi

• Bay Watcher
  • agnus dei
    • View Profile
« Reply #81199 on: July 19, 2015, 03:06:31 pm »

Do men have quirks that women do not? (absence of a quirk or a muted quirk not counting)
Well, men have a stronger ability to judge the appropriate price to pay for garments.

please don't hit me but in all seriousness this is one of those stereotypes i see constantly proven
Check Your Privilege Male Scum

Tawa

• Bay Watcher
  • the first mankind all over the world
    • View Profile
« Reply #81200 on: July 19, 2015, 03:07:08 pm »

I know you're joking but please don't start.
I don't use Bay12 much anymore. PM me if you need to get in touch with me and I'll send you my Discord handle.

Calidovi

• Bay Watcher
  • agnus dei
    • View Profile
« Reply #81201 on: July 19, 2015, 03:25:58 pm »

GODDAMNIT Chrome, not every file that ends in .exe is malware and you don't need to delete every goddamn thing I download.

Why do you use Chrome, then?

I know you're joking but please don't start.

Ok, I won't.

Emma

• Bay Watcher
  • Romace plots aren't actually that bad
    • View Profile
« Reply #81202 on: July 19, 2015, 04:10:14 pm »

Because it's arguably one of the best browsers? Even though Firefox is far superior few people realise this.

Calidovi

• Bay Watcher
  • agnus dei
    • View Profile
« Reply #81203 on: July 19, 2015, 04:18:34 pm »

Because it's arguably one of the best browsers? Even though Firefox is far superior few people realise this.

Exactly. Or it might be the not-so-hushed whispers on 8chan about the wild botnet on Chrome that biases me so.

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #81204 on: July 19, 2015, 05:28:26 pm »

It really depends on what you mean by superior.

If superior means taking ~30 to 45 seconds sometimes before FF spools up to its half a gig to memory at resting, then yeah, it's superior.

On the other hand, if spawning 13 copies of its own executable to do its job is what you're looking for, then Chrome is clearly superior.

If you lagging when you have 15 tabs open is your mark of superiority, then FF is clearly the winner there. I know I like to restart my browser at work once a week because FF (technically WF) has had it.

I just like FF because it's open source, unlike Chrome. The "invisible hand of Google" doing shit in Chrome as mentioned above I compare and contrast to FF (which decided to just ban Flash for a few days to force Adobe Flash to plug some vulnerabilities in code, or clogging my search bar with tons of "Try this search engine!" garbage.) Both browsers have their derpy moments.
« Last Edit: July 19, 2015, 05:30:37 pm by nenjin »
Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti

Bauglir

• Bay Watcher
  • Let us make Good
    • View Profile
« Reply #81205 on: July 19, 2015, 05:33:09 pm »

I've compromised on Chromium, and every time Google Search inexplicably breaks unless I disable scripts, or I have to manually jump through a few dozen hoops to get it to recognize a Flash update, I regret it.
In the days when Sussman was a novice, Minsky once came to him as he sat hacking at the PDP-6.
“What are you doing?”, asked Minsky. “I am training a randomly wired neural net to play Tic-Tac-Toe” Sussman replied. “Why is the net wired randomly?”, asked Minsky. “I do not want it to have any preconceptions of how to play”, Sussman said.
Minsky then shut his eyes. “Why do you close your eyes?”, Sussman asked his teacher.
“So that the room will be empty.”
At that moment, Sussman was enlightened.

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #81206 on: July 19, 2015, 06:17:35 pm »

*mumbles quietly about opera*

Though every time I've tried using chrome it was kinda' miserable. Either stuff buggered up, the aesthetics annoyed me, or it did something irritating. I'd honestly rather use IE than chrome :V

Actually use opera and firefox -- the former for general browsing, the latter for flash stuff and occasionally websites I need to use that needs plug-ins to work. Opera's flash et al functionality works just fine, but I don't like turning on plug-ins on my general use browser.
« Last Edit: July 19, 2015, 06:20:29 pm by Frumple »
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

BlackFlyme

• Bay Watcher
  • BlackFlyme cancels Work: Interrupted by bird.
    • View Profile
« Reply #81207 on: July 19, 2015, 09:20:30 pm »

Cannot connect to our 'wireless' printer. Can't connect to any printer on this laptop, oddly. Whenever I try to add a new printer, it says "The Active Directory Domain Services is unavailable".

But I already know that the printer can't be connected to wirelessly by other computers either.

Lord Shonus

• Bay Watcher
  • Angle of Death
    • View Profile
« Reply #81208 on: July 19, 2015, 10:45:18 pm »

A few years ago Firefox had a nasty memory leak that nobody could manage to get rid of permanently - tabs wouldn't unload from memory when closed so you had to periodically use Task Manager to kill the process. Now I just don't want to go through the annoyances of switching browsers right now, and will probably switch back to Firefox (despite my scorn for open source) after I upgrade to Win10.
On Giant In the Playground and Something Awful I am Gnoman.
Man, ninja'd by a potentially inebriated Lord Shonus. I was gonna say to burn it.

Tack

• Bay Watcher
  • Giving nothing to a community who gave me so much.
    • View Profile
« Reply #81209 on: July 20, 2015, 12:24:36 am »

I've used firefox religiously from D1.

Do men have quirks that women do not? (absence of a quirk or a muted quirk not counting

Does the muscle mass and lower fat % count as a thing?
I can't think of anything else our rampant testosterone manifests as.
« Last Edit: July 20, 2015, 12:49:41 am by Tack »
Sentience, Endurance, and Thumbs: The Trifector of a Superpredator.
Yeah, he's a banned spammer. Normally we'd delete this thread too, but people were having too much fun with it by the time we got here.
Pages: 1 ... 5412 5413 [5414] 5415 5416 ... 11040