Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 5361 5362 [5363] 5364 5365 ... 11040

Author Topic: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O  (Read 14455450 times)

wierd

• Bay Watcher
  • I like to eat small children.
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O
« Reply #80430 on: July 08, 2015, 05:07:54 pm »

The solution is to think outside the bag.  Affix one of the tatoos to the outside of the bag, in a standard large size envelope. (whatever is necessary to ship a single unit outside of the normal packaging)

When they ask what you did that for, respond by forwarding their shipping instructions with bold added for emphasis, with the return question of how else they felt satisfying their instructions could be have been achieved.

Furtuka

• Bay Watcher
  • High Priest of Mecha
    • View Profile
« Reply #80431 on: July 08, 2015, 05:56:05 pm »

The Black Swallower Fish.
It's FEF, not FEOF

itisnotlogical

• Bay Watcher
  • might be dat boi
    • View Profile
« Reply #80432 on: July 08, 2015, 05:57:16 pm »

Feed it to a live snake, then ship the snake.
This game is Curtain Fire Shooting Game.
Girls do their best now and are preparing. Please watch warmly until it is ready.

wierd

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #80433 on: July 08, 2015, 06:04:57 pm »

Alternatively, if your statement is grammatically accurate--

Print all six of the tattoos on each sheet, on 5 sheets; put the 5 sheets in the shipping bag. Call each sheet "Combo Tattoo", or some similarly contrite nomenclature. When they demand to know why there are 6 tattoos per sheet, tell them that they are mistaken, and that each sheet contains one "Combo Tattoo", and that 5 of them were included in their shipping bag, as instructed.  When they insist that this is not what they ordered, ask them how else you are expected to make "One tattoo of each design", and "Include 5 of them in the shipping bag."  The combo tattoo is one tattoo made from each design, and there are 5 of them in the shipping bag.

;)

NJW2000

• Bay Watcher
  • You know me. What do I know?
    • View Profile
« Reply #80434 on: July 08, 2015, 06:08:14 pm »

Find them, cover them with one of the tattoo designs, and send one pre-done tattoo in each bag, with 5 others.
One wheel short of a wagon

Graknorke

• Bay Watcher
  • A bomb's a bad choice for close-range combat.
    • View Profile
« Reply #80435 on: July 08, 2015, 07:00:14 pm »

My house has two unconnected LANs wired into it. Why. Who does that?
Whoever lived here before, obviously.
Cultural status:
Depleted          ☐
Enriched          ☑

Orange Wizard

• Bay Watcher
  • mou ii yo
    • View Profile
    • S M U G
« Reply #80436 on: July 08, 2015, 07:22:59 pm »

Two? Geez. My house doesn't have any LAN wired into it. Although to be fair, it is over 20 years old, but still. No LANs.
Please don't shitpost, it lowers the quality of discourse
Hard science is like a sword, and soft science is like fear. You can use both to equally powerful results, but even if your opponent disbelieve your stabs, they will still die.

wierd

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #80437 on: July 08, 2015, 07:24:01 pm »

Obviously the previous owner was very forward thinking.

One network is clearly meant for high speed private network, attached to a NAS for HTPCs. The other for internet use.

Because that is what I would use it for. (Being physically isolated, it means that the private network will not be snoopable by outsiders, and internet traffic will not pass over the wire, meaning that it can host the full gigabit bandwidth from the NAS to all connected HTPCs.)
« Last Edit: July 08, 2015, 07:26:12 pm by wierd »

Graknorke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #80438 on: July 08, 2015, 07:26:47 pm »

Well one was installed before the internet was much of a thing, so was used for transferring files between computers and this shitty server room in the cellar I guess. The other one was put in when broadband was installed at the opposite side of the house, but they never had the idea that maybe it would be good to connect the two. Instead I found out that getting a wired connection up to where I want one is going to be much harder than I'd originally assumed.
Cultural status:
Depleted          ☐
Enriched          ☑

wierd

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #80439 on: July 08, 2015, 07:34:39 pm »

One is probably 10mbit cat5, and the other 100mbit cat5e then.  No gbit cat6.

Best solution: Remove both sets of drops. Replace with cat6, and cat6 keystones. Provision one as a NAS hardline on a different subnet, put a single patch cable between that network and the internet drop network.

Say, something like this:

Internet->Internet drop router|-->Internet drops
                                            |
                                      (patch cable)-->NAS Drop router on different subnet-->NAS drops

requires you to set up a somewhat tricky "double router" configuration, but the NAS drops will be able to go out to the internet, but getting from the internet to the NAS will be difficult, and internet traffic wont interfere with NAS operation.

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #80440 on: July 08, 2015, 11:18:19 pm »

She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

Orange Wizard

• Bay Watcher
  • mou ii yo
    • View Profile
    • S M U G
Please don't shitpost, it lowers the quality of discourse
Hard science is like a sword, and soft science is like fear. You can use both to equally powerful results, but even if your opponent disbelieve your stabs, they will still die.

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #80442 on: July 08, 2015, 11:48:26 pm »

... I had not been aware that one of the red lanterns was a cat. The thing's name is complete and utter ham. Still, though. Rage kitty, complete with napalm vomit and the ability to depopulate worlds. It's apparently a thing.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #80443 on: July 09, 2015, 12:51:53 am »

On my way home, saw a beat up old truck with sexy reclining girl silhouette decorations on the mudflaps. You know, standard pose. Except they had a floofy tail and snout. Furry mudflap decoration. I didn't know they even made those. I'm surprised someone is brazen enough to put them on their truck. I mean, we don't normally have raging rednecks out to kill sexual deviants, even around here, but that might be pushing it. I simply wouldn't be brave enough.
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

Graknorke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #80444 on: July 09, 2015, 01:50:39 am »

Best solution: Remove both sets of drops. Replace with cat6, and cat6 keystones. Provision one as a NAS hardline on a different subnet, put a single patch cable between that network and the internet drop network.
Well it's not really my house, so I might not be able to get permission to do too much. Getting a cable from the router to the other should be doable by following the path the water pipes for the central heating follow, but the wiring between the second router and the drops I want at least partially goes either through or behind a wall, and was pretty shoddily put down and is fixed in place by all kinds of shit (paint, bits of panelling) in places.
And I don't understand why I'd want a second router either. Wouldn't just having a splitter be just as good?
Cultural status:
Depleted          ☐
Enriched          ☑
Pages: 1 ... 5361 5362 [5363] 5364 5365 ... 11040